“I have stayed at this location since microtell” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Inn and Suites

You added Econo Lodge Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Inn and Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   20 Interstate Court, Greenville, SC 29615 (Formerly Microtel Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #32 of 62 Hotels in Greenville
Charleston, South Carolina
“I have stayed at this location since microtell”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

For a I-85 hotel this hotel is in bad repair. I attempted to stay again, the parking lot was loaded with semi-trucks and other large vehicles. To beat that they have a bunch of bright yellow cars in the parking lot, for drivers training. As we pulled in one of the cars nearing hit me. I ask the Desk and they said they did not know the 3 cars driving the parking lot were student driver's, but they did not make them leave. WE LEFT went to the Airport Inn. Very dangerous situation. I will say up until 6 months ago I was satisfied with the rooms and service.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
mdpgm, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn and Suites, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Reviewer: Thank you for posting your candid observation of the activity in our parking lot. We will share your observation and experience with the driving school that meets in our meeting room twice a month to serve the needs of the youth in our community. The only time students drive is to practice parallel parking in a remote corner of our lot.

It is unfair for you to judge the quality, cleanliness and the comfort of our rooms without spending a night at the time of review. I appreciate you staying at The Microtel several years ago. We would like for you to return and enjoy our hospitality and value.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
San Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I have been staying here for over 60 days on Business. I have been VERY impressed with the level of Service. Mr. Mark Patel is always VERY accommodating. His entire staff have been Very friendly and helpful. The room(s) (i switched from a standard room to a king suite) are Clean and comfortable. The area is safe and has (within walking distance) everything one would need, from walgreens, CVS, walmart and fast food. There are also a number of non-fast food places like Macaroni Grill, On The Border, Joe's Crab Shank, etc

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your business and kind compliments.
Wellford, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

I had three rooms from Friday to Tuesday. My whole party was very satisfied with this property. Not one of us had any complaints whatsoever! This motel provided us with the same amenities at half the price of some other motels. Great value period! The whole motel was very clean including bedding and bath towels. Staff was friendly. An best of all everything was functional and worked like it is suppose too!!! (TV's & remotes, HVAC & thermostats, Lights & fans & receptacles, toilets,etc.) It's always wonderful not to have to call maintenance and move room to room!!!!! This motel is graded at A+! They scored 100% in my book.

• Stayed March 2014
mdpgm, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn and Suites, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Guest: Thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent visit to Greenville SC. We appreciate your business. MP
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Econo Lodge Inn and Suites in Greenville. The attendants were extremely polite and responsive, and the facility itself is kept exceedingly clean. The rooms were very comfortable, providing you with an iron, coffee maker, safe, and WI FI connections, which was a great plus for such a "Low" price for the stay. I'm so used to getting a "Cheap" hotel for a "Cheap" price,... but this hotel actually had GREAT accommodations for a very small cost. I asked the attendant if they had a work out area, (and I honestly didn't think they would, because the price of the rooms was so low), but to my amazement, they did have a facility. They have a contract with the POWERHOUSE GYM, which is just a mile down the road, which allows all attendants at the Lodge with a room key, to work out there for free. The facility was top notch... with all of the equipment I needed for a good workout. Unbelievable at the price for a room. I can't say it enough... GREAT FACILITY for the COST! In the morning... I noticed the sign on the kitchen area which said "Continental Breakfast" 0600 - 0930. I had stayed in many hotels prior to this... and I knew what "Continental Breakfast" meant. Normally cereal, toast, coffee and Danish. But to my amazement... the "Continental Breakfast" consisted of "Scrambled Eggs, Biscuits, Beef Gravy, Hot waffles, Cereal (two kinds), Hot cereal, Muffins, Orange Juice, Apple Juice, Coffee, Tea, Hot chocolate, Milk, and Bananas. GREAT BREAKFAST menu for the Price! I highly recommend this hotel to anyone just passing through Greenville on a business trip who want to stay in a VERY REASONABLY priced hotel with a "LOT" to offer. You cannot beat this hotel with a stick for the price. MOST EXCELLENT!

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage, they have a rolling cart they make available to you for carting your b...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
mdpgm, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn and Suites, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
We appreciate you choosing The Econolodge Greenville during your recent visit to Greenville, SC. Thank you for your comments and compliments.
RHOME
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

If you want to feel 'at home' then this is the place for you! These people, this place.. feels more like family or friends than strangers in a cold, unfamiliar city or hotel/room!
My husband travels for business & since I work online and homeschool, we (myself & our 2 children aged 14 & 6) are blessed to get to go with him often in his travels. We've stayed in all sorts of hotels (even the 'higher end' types) & THIS one is by far THE BEST we've EVER found! We recently stayed here for several nights & it was wonderful from start to finish! Everything from the cleanliness of the hotel, to the perfect breakfast layout for travelers & kids (there's options for cold to HOT & it's actually fresh & tasty!), to the overall staff! They really go above & beyond to accommodate their guests. It's like they actually care!
At check in, the front desk lady (Diane) was so friendly she made us feel like we were literally being welcomed into 'their' home!We didn't meet a 'stranger', we felt we'd met a friend (& that means a lot to us 'families' who travel). During the length of our stay we saw a lot of her in our comings/goings thru-out various parts of the day/afternoon & no matter what we needed (kid issues, directions, tissue, xtra blanket) at any given time she was amazingly helpful! EVEN TO MY KIDS. My teen daughter says she looked up a couple things online for her at her desk because I was busy on our laptop & someone else was on the lobby computer. My son (6 yrs) was with his sister at the time & my daughter told me that Diane immediately spoke to him & switched the lobby TV to cartoons for Ryan 'so he would have something to do while she helped his sister'. Now THAT is Service! We even got to meet the Owner/Manager who was extremely nice! Even HE was so friendly we felt like we were among friends. And a thing that really stands out to me is how Diane called us shortly after we got to our room to ask if everything was satisfactory (most hotels wait until you've went back with an issue) and how they ALL (Diane, the Manager & a tall young man who's name I don't remember) would speak to us whenever they'd see us and how quickly they would accommodate us with whatever we were needing.
There ARE a lot of good hotels we've been in, but we as an overall family have NEVER been treated with such consideration & familiarity as this. My whole family has voted & it's unanimous: We will NEVER stay anywhere else but the EconoLodge on Pelham Rd. when we are in, or anywhere around, Greenville, SC. In the words of my 6 yr old: "DAT's the place I like!"

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
mdpgm, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn and Suites, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for staying with us and thank you for the compliments and recognizing our guest service agent. We appreciate your business.

Mark P
Sumter, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

My fiance, brothers, & I came to Greenville for the weekend to celebrate my birthday & chose this hotel from orbitz.com. Overall, the hotel is pretty nice. Needs a little paint job outside & in our bathroom, but nothing major. At check in, the front desk clerk was pretty friendly & talkative. She even told me that if something was wrong with our room to let night staff know & they would have solved the issue/give us another room. We stayed in 235. Pretty decent room, the frig, TV, & microwave worked fine. I liked the day bed & wall mirrors above the beds. Bathroom was clean, great water pressure (important to me) like I stated early, a few areas in the bathroom needed a paint job. Breakfast was HOT & DELICIOUS!!! Waffles, eggs, sausage, cereals, biscuits, coffee, & toast, really enjoyed it. My ONLY complaint about our stay was the desk clerk (the same one who checked us in) gave my fiance the 3rd degree when he asked for extra towels, which I didn't understand when she knew we had four people in our room. Location was right off 85 & surrounded by Greenville 's most popular restaurants & stores. Overall, we would stay again for the price, location, cleanliness, & service.

• Stayed November 2013
mdpgm, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn and Suites, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Guest, We appreciate you choosing our hotel to celebrate a birthday celebration with your family in Greenville. I will make sure that our staff members provide a genuine and caring service consistently to our guests. Thank you - Mark P
Taylors
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

The title of this was going to be "Basic but better than expected." The check-out experience dropped it a star.

PROS:
1. Reserved online at Choice Privileges, but used the default (next) day by mistake instead of that same night. I had already called the hotel and the price was the same, but I like reserving online at Choice. Kind gentleman at desk allowed me to transfer the reservation to that same day (a day earlier than already paid for online). He sympathized with my mistake.
2. The room had running toilet. When asked for a fix or another room, he unhesitating gave an upgrade to a nice suite.
3. The hotel is bare bones, but great value. Everything is adequate and clean (obviously old but well cared for).
4. The free suite was very roomy and comfortable.
5. The breakfast included egg and sausage.

CONS:
1. Lots of things were outdated. TV (in first room) was grainy. Decor refresh was obviously hasty and lacked good "fit & finish" with paint over the sprinklers, things coming out of their places in the wall, holes not patched up, etc.
2. Despite the great desk worker upon checking, the check-out desk worker must have been having a bad day.
a. When I asked if an extra hour to check out would be OK, she made me feel guilty for asking. Not very professional. I stay at lots of hotels all over the US. Most (other) places are more accommodating for their customers.
b. Same lady was on the phone arguing with a customer, becoming frustrated. It seems this worker did not feel empowered to make decisions or satisfy the customer, as all she kept doing was to state that the manager would take care of you come when he came in next week.
c. Then she refused to refund the fee for the safe which I never use. She stated (incorrectly) that it was already part of the initial room cost. She didn't know why, just "that's what the manager told me to say." But the difference between what she charged my card and the price estimate given online when I reserved it was $1.03. So it was NOT part of the basic room fee. She said she couldn't do anything because my card had already been charged. She was unwilling to discuss it further, just told me she was doing what the manager said she had to do.

I don't mind the extra $1.03, I just don't like being snowed or the worker telling me something that is simply not true. Every other hotel will refund the cost. Every other hotel I've stayed at this past two months treated a misunderstanding like they wanted to keep the customer's business.

PM Customer Service: 5 Stars.
AM Customer Service: 1 Star.

Would have been a four due to the better than expected amenities and cleanliness, and PM customer service.

Room Tip: One side of hotel faces the highway. The other side faces a night club. Neither bother me as I sle...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. Your feedback is important to us. We will relay your compliment to our staff member that helped you. We will also take this opportunity to coach our staff that fell short on customer service. We empower our front desk staff to meet and exceed guest expectation without involving management. I hope that my personal call to you and the resolution was acceptable to you. Please visit us again and Thank you. - Mark P

Been to Econo Lodge Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!