“Decent Price, Decent Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Inn and Suites

You added Econo Lodge Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Inn and Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   20 Interstate Court, Greenville, SC 29615 (Formerly Microtel Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #33 of 61 Hotels in Greenville
Sumter, South Carolina
“Decent Price, Decent Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

My fiance, brothers, & I came to Greenville for the weekend to celebrate my birthday & chose this hotel from orbitz.com. Overall, the hotel is pretty nice. Needs a little paint job outside & in our bathroom, but nothing major. At check in, the front desk clerk was pretty friendly & talkative. She even told me that if something was wrong with our room to let night staff know & they would have solved the issue/give us another room. We stayed in 235. Pretty decent room, the frig, TV, & microwave worked fine. I liked the day bed & wall mirrors above the beds. Bathroom was clean, great water pressure (important to me) like I stated early, a few areas in the bathroom needed a paint job. Breakfast was HOT & DELICIOUS!!! Waffles, eggs, sausage, cereals, biscuits, coffee, & toast, really enjoyed it. My ONLY complaint about our stay was the desk clerk (the same one who checked us in) gave my fiance the 3rd degree when he asked for extra towels, which I didn't understand when she knew we had four people in our room. Location was right off 85 & surrounded by Greenville 's most popular restaurants & stores. Overall, we would stay again for the price, location, cleanliness, & service.

• Stayed November 2013
mdpgm, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn and Suites, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Guest, We appreciate you choosing our hotel to celebrate a birthday celebration with your family in Greenville. I will make sure that our staff members provide a genuine and caring service consistently to our guests. Thank you - Mark P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Taylors
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

The title of this was going to be "Basic but better than expected." The check-out experience dropped it a star.

PROS:
1. Reserved online at Choice Privileges, but used the default (next) day by mistake instead of that same night. I had already called the hotel and the price was the same, but I like reserving online at Choice. Kind gentleman at desk allowed me to transfer the reservation to that same day (a day earlier than already paid for online). He sympathized with my mistake.
2. The room had running toilet. When asked for a fix or another room, he unhesitating gave an upgrade to a nice suite.
3. The hotel is bare bones, but great value. Everything is adequate and clean (obviously old but well cared for).
4. The free suite was very roomy and comfortable.
5. The breakfast included egg and sausage.

CONS:
1. Lots of things were outdated. TV (in first room) was grainy. Decor refresh was obviously hasty and lacked good "fit & finish" with paint over the sprinklers, things coming out of their places in the wall, holes not patched up, etc.
2. Despite the great desk worker upon checking, the check-out desk worker must have been having a bad day.
a. When I asked if an extra hour to check out would be OK, she made me feel guilty for asking. Not very professional. I stay at lots of hotels all over the US. Most (other) places are more accommodating for their customers.
b. Same lady was on the phone arguing with a customer, becoming frustrated. It seems this worker did not feel empowered to make decisions or satisfy the customer, as all she kept doing was to state that the manager would take care of you come when he came in next week.
c. Then she refused to refund the fee for the safe which I never use. She stated (incorrectly) that it was already part of the initial room cost. She didn't know why, just "that's what the manager told me to say." But the difference between what she charged my card and the price estimate given online when I reserved it was $1.03. So it was NOT part of the basic room fee. She said she couldn't do anything because my card had already been charged. She was unwilling to discuss it further, just told me she was doing what the manager said she had to do.

I don't mind the extra $1.03, I just don't like being snowed or the worker telling me something that is simply not true. Every other hotel will refund the cost. Every other hotel I've stayed at this past two months treated a misunderstanding like they wanted to keep the customer's business.

PM Customer Service: 5 Stars.
AM Customer Service: 1 Star.

Would have been a four due to the better than expected amenities and cleanliness, and PM customer service.

Room Tip: One side of hotel faces the highway. The other side faces a night club. Neither bother me as I sle...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. Your feedback is important to us. We will relay your compliment to our staff member that helped you. We will also take this opportunity to coach our staff that fell short on customer service. We empower our front desk staff to meet and exceed guest expectation without involving management. I hope that my personal call to you and the resolution was acceptable to you. Please visit us again and Thank you. - Mark P
Summerville, South Carolina, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Was disappointed in this hotel!. As we waited in line to check in the front desk lady was very rude to the costumer in front of us.When it got to our turn she was very rude to us also..I was about to walk out but my husband said to give it a chance. So we get to the room the room is very tiny.The tv remote was broken.The window was broken.Went to take a bath and there is no stopper.The towels hanging on the hooks were dirty and stained what looked like black mold on them.The price was alright though.

Aiken, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I was extremely disappointed in this hotel! It's right on the interstate, so you can hear all of the traffic. The room was very small and outdated. Paint and repairs have obviously been done be an amateur. My husband needed to take a bath to soak his legs, and there was no stopper in the drain. We called down to the front desk, but they could not provide a one. There was no flat screen TV, only an outdated model. Would NEVER stay hear again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
mdpgm, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Guest:

Please accept my sincere apologies that we fell short on our service and your expectations.Please call me directly at our hotel. I would like to make sure that we can do the right thing for you and that you may return to our hotel if your travels bring you back to Greenville.

Mark P.
Mahwah, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Needed a place to sleep one night on business, and unexpectedly found this low cost, VERY good hotel/motel. Rooms were a bit small but very clean and comfortable. To my surprise, they even provide airport shuttle and breakfast,...all for $54. I will definitely stay again.

Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are an economy chain hotel that works deligently to meet and exceed our guests needs. We appreciate you taking time out to to review our hotel. Please come back soon!

Mark
aiken sc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Econo Lodge is not usually a hotel I would stay in, but I was pleasantly surprised. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful, although there were problems with the room keys. I had 2 one worked and the other didn't. I was on the first floor. The room was nice and clean; however, could use better carpeting. I had snags in the carpet in my room. I personally don't like the wall mirrors(have a fear they could be two way, but that's just me!). Everything was nice and clean. No noise from neighbors. However, the toilet would make a noise when someone else flushed theirs. Lots of restaurants in the area. Was not as difficult as I thought getting in and out of the hotel entrance. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
mdpgm, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn and Suites, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate your feedback. We strive to be consistent with our service and strive to improve our property everyday. We hope that your next stay with us will be even better.

Regards, Mark P, GM.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I needed a clean decent place to get a good nights sleep In Greenville, SC last weekend. Most of the lesser expensive Motels had bad reviews so it made finding a inexpensive motel a challange. I took a look at the Econo Lodge Inn and Suites on the North side of Greenville (right off I-85). It seemed quiet and clean, my main requirements, so I spent the night. The room was decent and clean, the bed was very good, and the perfect answer to what I was looking for. The place was not perfect, the remote control did not work, got the batteries replaced and still did not work, but that was not too bad since my goal was to get a good nights sleep in a clean and comfortable bed and that part was fine. I really have no complaints and really for the price it would be hard to beat. Therefore if you are just traveling and need a clean place to stay (I don't think I would want to spend a week there on vacation as the room was a little small for spending a long time there but) it fit what I was needing. If I am in need of a place to stay in Greenville,SC that is clean, quiet, and with a good bed, I would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: You also get breakfast with the price of your room but I did not take advantage of that to know anyt...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
mdpgm, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for choosing to stay with us. My sincere apologies on the TV remote control issues. We are planning to replace all our TV's in the near future to flat panels with factory issued remotes. We appreciate your business very much. Mark P

Been to Econo Lodge Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!