“so-so visit” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Inn and Suites

You added Econo Lodge Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Inn and Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   20 Interstate Court, Greenville, SC 29615 (Formerly Microtel Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #32 of 62 Hotels in Greenville
Shelby, North Carolina
“so-so visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

got there early and no one would come to the front desk had to make alot of noise to get someones attention. also breakfast was not good ,they had cereal and no milk out. middle of january and had no comforters on the bed. there was a level of sheets, followed by a THIN blanket and another level of sheets. we even asked an employee who returned with some more thin like sheets instead of a blanket...in the middle of winter...we had to turn the heat all the way up. over all it served its purpose...we had a room to sleep in... glad to check out in the morning.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
mdpgm, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn and Suites, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Thank you for your review. Please accept my sincerest apologies. We require our frnt desk staff to be friendly and responsive to our guest needs and requests. There are times in the evenings that they may run to a room to deliver extra towels or pillows and may be briefly unavailable. Also, at our hotel we use the triplesheeting bed ensemble that has a lightweight polyester filled "iridium" blanket. We also have extra blankets available at all times. I am sorry that my staff did not respond to your request. We will discuss this issue with all our front desk agents.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Clemson, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

I stayed the night after a total of 28 hours in transit from Australia. IDidn't know anything about SC so specifically chose to stay because I was flying in at midnight and they offer a courtesy airport shuttle. As soon as I landed, I called the hotel and in 10 minutes, a fella by the name of JR was putting my bags in the van, opening doors for me and it was like I’d known him for years. Within five minutes, he’d dropped me off at the front desk.Taking my bags to the room for me and explaining where and when breakfast was served, JR and Terry (reception) turned turned this 3 ½ star hotel into a 5 star experience. The bed was comfortable, there was no noise, the hot breakfast is great and the wi-fi is brilliant.

For anyone traveling alone, this place is clean, safe and excellent value.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Brookhaven, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

The staff is reall awesome and went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. The room was new and everything actually worked!. The room was very clean and breakfast was better than expected. If they accept pets, I'll bring my Lab next trip. Theyhave suites but I didn't get one.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

Needed an inexpensive hotel to stay in because i had to work in this location due to my job. I only needed one nite. Didnt want to pay 100 buy i wanted the place to be clean. This was the perfwct place. I paid 52 (including tax) which is not too bad. Wish it could have been at least $10 cheaper. Anyway, the beds were clean and so was the batjroom. It served its purpose. This use to be a microtel inn and so the setup in the bedroom is the same. The lasy at the front desk the night i checked in was great. She showed the beat cusromer service i have seen in a long time. I wish i would have gotten her name so i could recognize her. She was a light skined African American. Very nice personality. They had a full free hot breakfast that wasnt too bad at all. Overall i enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: I slept on 1st floor & it was quiet which is unusual for a weekend. Excellent place to rest.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

The staff were very friendly and did everything in their power to accommodate our group. We stayed here because our soccer club had this as our designated hotel. The manager and staff bent over backwards to help us through a very busy weekend by providing snacks and drinks for the girls. It could not make up for the room. It was "okay". You could not take a bath because there was no way to plug the tub. The bathroom sink had no way to be plugged and there was a cap from a previous occupant's toothpaste lodged in the drain, too far down for me to pull out. Let's just say that the bathroom in this room needing some work. Lots of noise from the floor above as we were on the second floor. I would not stay there again unless I had to.

Room Tip: The third floor is the smoking floor. Near the interstate and lots of restaurants and businesses ne...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

This is one place which you cannot make out from the outside prefab structure, untill you step inside. I was offered a 2 room suite for cheap price and I simply loved it. Visited Greenville twice and stayed at the same place !

Room Tip: Ask for the suite.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

My wife and I have used this hotel and airport shuttle a number of times and have been very pleased. Traveling with three small children is never easy, however, each time we use the GSP airport we are pleasantly surprised with the southern hospitality of those operating the shuttle and hotel staff. As an avid traveler, I rank Econo Lodge's customer service and overall professionalism among the best I have encountered. They are prompt, polite, highly organized, and as the title states "refreshing." We will continue to use them for all our traveling needs in the Greenville area. We also highly recommend both the shuttle and hotel to others looking for quality economic services.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!