“GOOD THING I WAS JUST PASSING THRU” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Greenville-Spartanburg Airport

You added Courtyard by Marriott Greenville-Spartanburg Airport to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Greenville-Spartanburg Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   115 The Parkway, Greenville, SC 29615   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #28 of 62 Hotels in Greenville
GreenLeadersBronze level
“GOOD THING I WAS JUST PASSING THRU”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Ok, let me just say, overall the place is nice...Marriott nice. As a Marriott Rewards member, one can say I stay at ALOT of their properties. That being said, on our recent trip from KY to Daytona Beach I decided to drop a few points on a halfway stay. Upon arrival, the location displays the kept nice look I have come to expect from the many Marriott properties in which I've stayed. Let's get a few of the preliminaries out of the way. As I've stayed at all the types of Marriott brands, I know how they flow. For those of you that don't, here's the breakdown. The tiers run like this. A Marriott (no subbrand) most likely will have a greater opulence than the rest. They typically even involve a spa.You will find all the amenities except a free breakfast. Next down the chain are Courtyards. They are nice, with all the amenities of a Marriott...but again, and I challenge you to find different, there will be no breakfast included in your stay. As with a regular Marriott, it's "pay to play". Now for the Fairfields, an excellent balance between the high end properties and the medium properties. One gets the amenities afforded by the high end, and a HOT breakfast (I've stayed at more than 10) and it remains consistent. The Springhill Suites are kind of the latest edition to the family Generally cheaper, but I hafta say you won't see the "cheap" in it. The most modern décor, the amenities, and a HOT breakfast.
With all that said, I was a bit disappointed with my stay at this property. It was clean except for some rather large stains in the hallway, right in front of the elevator. This does not paint a nice picture for visitors. The room was as expected of a Marriott, clean and good design. Except...when I went to close the curtains, around the window seemed to be some water damage caused by leakage, as the wall paper was shriveling and coming loose from around the window. Upon closing the "blackout curtain" I noticed some rather glaring abnormalities (a picture is enclosed). First, the curtain's left side hangers (3 of them) were unhooked, leaving the upper corner significantly hanging down. I fixed that. But to my dismay, the problem was not fixed. It seemed the curtain (again pic attached) was 6 " short or 12" short depending on if u wanted it in the middle or one side. The review dots dropped. Another surprise came in the morning when my wife went to wash her hair the shampoo was nearly empty. Recycle your products much? All in all, the wife and I agreed to cancel our return halfway stay here, and alter our travel plans to another Marriott property around Atlanta.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Eclipse Traveler, thank you for your review which I was extremely concerned to read. I am just so sorry for the inconvenience you had to face and I would like to offer you my personal apologies for this. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and I will certainly be following up on your feedback with the Heads of Department concerned. We are very excited that our renovation and transformation of the Courtyard "Bistro" concept is right around the corner. We hope to welcome you back soon to our revamped, remodeled and updated hotel. If you do return to the Greenville area, please do let my office know, so I can perhaps have the opportunity of meeting with you.

Scott McDowell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I stayed with a relative here coming and going on a big bus tour. The first night was fine. The room was very clean, beds comfy and staff was helpful. The second night at the return of our big trip started off a little rocky but the staff helped out with a few situations. I won't mark them down for those situations because they were fast to respond and correct the problems. The location is very good and many restaurants and shopping areas are nearby. I recommend it for people who want a comfortable stay on a budget. I was able to get a government rate as a teacher and that really helped. I recommend you call the hotel directly for reservations. I have tried AAA, Expedia, etc. and the best rate always ends up directly from the hotel on this one. Our breakfast was included. The only strange thing was...they were out of butter. No butter on my grits was kind of weird but I survived. At any rate, we will continue to stay here in the future. It is the best place for us in the area to leave on our trips with our travel group.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for your recent review and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Courtyard Greenville-Spartanburg. As you mentioned, our location is unique in that we are not too far off the expressway and we have nearly 18 Restaurants to choose from in the area in addition to our in-house restaurant. We hope to see you back again soon!

Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

The staff at this location were very friendly and helpful. The rooms could use a little updating - worn carpet, stale air smell in room. The beds and linens were comfortable and clean. Easy access location very close to GSP airport, and just off I-85. Not one of the best Courtyard properties from a building physical plant perspective (except for the common areas, including lobby, seem to have been recently updated), but a reasonable hotel. I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Jonathan,
Thank you for your feedback with fellow online reviewers. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Courtyard Greenville-Spartanburg . We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

This is my second visit to this property. Stayed here for 3 nights.

The service at the hotel is just awesome, that is what attracts me to this hotel, in spite of the dated decor. I usually stay at the newer hotels, as I like the contemporary decor, but the service here just doesn't let me go astray ;-)

The usual you expect from a Courtyard Marriott in terms of room size, the very comfortable bed and the amenities.

Room Tip: I usually prefer the road-facing rooms in this hotel, the morning sun waking me up is a very refresh...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Shreyance, thank you for choosing the Courtyard Greenville Spartanburg hotel for your stay once again. As a General Manager, there is nothing greater than to hear that a guest returns to our hotel because they love the staff and everything our hotel has to offer. I am very proud of my staff as they strive to go above and beyond to welcome every guest who walks into our lobby everyday.  We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

My wife and I stayed in the Courtyard Greenville Airport recently and the hotel is nice but not excellent. It could use some renovation and upgrading of some of the rooms. We enjoyed our stay and were comfortable but being a Marriott Gold Elite, I stay in a lot of Marriott hotels and this one was not one of the very nice we are used to. We are spoiled by the amenities we receive by being Marriott Gold such as free breakfast in all Marriott's. I believe this is the only Marriott I have stayed in where breakfast for Gold Members was not included. I asked about it and was told that this property does not participate in that amenity. The pool was very small, and the room the pool is in was very hot and uncomfortable, no ventilation. Because of the above, and the fact that they do not participate in all the Gold Amenities, and since there are many more choices in Greenvile, I probably will not stay there on my next visit

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
scottmcdowell, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear jthomas1974,
Thank you for being a Marriott Gold Elite member and a TripAdvisor Top Contributor. We appreciate you taking the time to provide valuable feedback to our team via the TripAdvisor platform. Please know that we take all feedback to heart and try our best to make changes to our operation based on guest comments and suggestions. Thank you again for your feedback and your loyalty to Marriott.
Bedford, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

There are quite a few hotels in the area, so why this one? Because of the unbelievable customer service. We came here to take delivery of our new BMW and were treated like royalty from the moment Alfred picked us up at the airport in a BMW X5. The room is newly renovated & the beds are super comfortable. The rooms at the rear of the hotel have good views. The buffet is nice - the omelette bar is great. The staff has been very attentive to our needs. Maybe that is the BMW partnership, but it works. I would come back.

• Stayed May 2014
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear KWoodworth, thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Courtyard Greenville-Spartanburg. We take great pride in delivering excellent service and comments like yours assures me that we are on the right track. We do hope to welcome you back very soon.

Rockville Centre, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed at this hotel over Memorial Day weekend, what a great staff. What a friendly place. They have a bar which was a nice added touch. At the front desk the young lady Erica was so friendly and helpful. She made our stay even better. The hotel was clean we asked for extra towels and it took less then 5 minutes. It was in a great location. We would recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Lisa, thank you for your feedback with fellow online reviewers. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Courtyard Greenville-Spartanburg and your comments were wonderful to read. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Scott McDowell

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Greenville-Spartanburg Airport? Share your experiences!