“Really nice Holiday Inn Express” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road

You added Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1036 Woodruff Road, I-85 Exit 51-A, Greenville, SC 29607   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #14 of 62 Hotels in Greenville
Virginia
“Really nice Holiday Inn Express”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Stayed at this HIE after a subpar stay at the HIE in Ruston, LA. What a difference. We had a 2 bed queen executive suite. Upon opening the door you immediately notice the hardwood floor in the entry. Rooms are modern and clean. The hotel is far enough off the interstate that noise shouldn't be a problem.

Several dining options (Chuy's, Carrabba's) within walking distance. Target and Costco less than half a mile away.

Would stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms should be free from road noise. Pool is indoor and at the back of the building.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Ade and her staff were a blessing and pleasure to work with. I hosted a major event and used the banquet hall for the premiere kick-off for the weekend. Everything was handled professional and all for a GREAT price may I add. While being the host of the even I wanted to stay on-site with my guest. We reserved 10 room with the Microtel Inn which is also owned by this property and 10 rooms through Holiday Inn Express. EVERY SINGLE ROOM was perfect. The Manager decided since I worked sooooooo hard (lol) in bringing this event together that he would upgrade my room to a suite.......I MUST SAY HE WON MY HEART. SERVICE FROM FRONT TO BACK FROM START TO FINISH WAS AMAZING..!! IF YOU ARE PASSING THROUGH OR LOOKING FOR A ROMANTIC GET-A-WAY THIS IS THE PERFECT SPOT..!! ~HAPPY TRAVELS

Room Tip: Book a suite.......It is well worth it
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Jason P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful praise. Ade is one of the many ambassadors of our service culture. She has been with us for quite a while and truly does go out of her way to make sure that all of our guests' needs are taken care of. We love to see our guests walk out of our doors beaming from the service they've received and the relationships we've built. It makes us very happy and we feel extremely satisfied when you're satisfied. We hope that you will book all of your Greenville, SC events with us in the future. We enjoyed having you and hope to see you again very soon!
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

2nd visit here. Got much grief over check in. Using my gov. ID to get gov. rate, was rudely told that they only accept gov. rate for their state only. Never have I experienced this at this hotel, nor any other hotel chains I stay at. The gov. rate has always been the same, with ID, no matter the state. And yes, the hallway carpets are just as dirty as they were a year ago. I will not be back here..

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jason P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
We apologize our check inn experience did not meet the expectation that we have established as the standard here at the Holiday Inn Express. Indeed, we do honor government rates with proper identification, based on availability. Booking in advance will often ensure that you receive a government rate as that allotment fills very quickly and is not available once the allotment of government rates fill. We do offer other very attractive discounts based on availability as well. Our carpets are shampooed monthly and are cleaned professional once each quarter, We apologize that you caught us in less than pristine condition. We do work very diligently to ensure that every guest has an excellent experience and are disappointed we failed at delivery that standard to you. We wish you safe travels in the future and hope that we will have the opportunity in the future to regain your good will.
Ivins, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed in room 224 the week of 18 through 24 June 2014. Our room was clean and well maintained. Room cleaning staff was very good and we reused our towels and required no other freshening in order to conserve water and resources. Breakfast was well above average with yogurt, milk, pancakes (after the machine was repaired), biscuits, gravy, sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs, muffins, white/wheat/raisin bread, oranges/apples/bananas, cinnamon rolls, etc. I stuck to the eggs (real!), yogurt, toast, banana, coffee. Breakfast room staff was attentive and friendly. Microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker in room (and there was coffee available every time I wanted it in the breakfast room.)

We used the exercise room daily. Some issues there. Equipment included recumbent bike (seat not adjustable, so unusable), elliptical, treadmill, and weight machine - also scale, water fountain, and most days, towels. We stuck to the aerobic equipment. Unfortunately there were no sanitizing wipes provided and the grips on equipment definitely needed cleaning. A room AC unit worked well but a fan is also needed. There is a TV with remote. We did not use the indoor pool.

Having read reviews I inquired about elevator noise and proximity of our room to it. Was told we were second room away from elevator and it would not be a problem. This was true but probably due only to the fact that the elevator motor noise was masked by the continuously running air conditioner. It did wake me the first night - or earlier in the morning than i wanted to be awake. There is also a noisy industrial facility (Nutra Manufacturing) across the parking lot at the southeast end of the building which operates 24/7. Avoid rooms near the elevator if you are sensitive to intermittent noise and rooms near the south end of the building. Back side is also recommended.

The location is very convenient to all Greenville ahs to offer. Only a few minutes to downtown via I-385. For great BBQ, try Bucky's on Pelham Rd (a short drive) and Henry's Smokehouse on Wade Hampton Blvd. As a former Greenville native, I can fairly rate those two as "tops." And for a great splurge dinner downtown, Trattoria Giorgio (reservation required!) is hard to beat (we had the rack of lamb and halibut, tiramisu and panna cotta!!) The hotel is walking distance (when it is not hot and humid) to Strossner's Bakery (many great treats! - strawberry lemonade cake!)

With better maintenance of exercise equipment and available sanitizing wipes and a room one or two farther away from the elevator, I would rate a five.

Would stay again.

Room Tip: Back side, at least three rooms from elevator and not too close to the Nutra Manufacturing plant.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your very detailed and thorough review. We appreciate the time you took to let us know about your stay. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay, but are disappointed that not every aspect of your stay met your expectations and fell short of our usual standards. We do, indeed provide sanitizing wipes for the fitness equipment. They are located in a dispenser on the wall adjacent to the equipment. We are in the process of upgrading our fitness room with brand new equipment so we hope that you will be able to enjoy that on your return trip. Our rooms near the elevator are definitely a great choice for guests wanting that proximity and convenience, but as elevators do tend to make noise with use, they are certainly not for the light sleepers. We will do everything we can to accommodate those requests for guests. Our location is, indeed, one of our crowning features as we are so convenient to everything. Your added suggestions and reviews about restaurants in the area likely very appreciated by viewers looking for places to eat while they're staying with us. Thank you! We hope to see you again soon and do hope that you we will be able to recover from the less than stellar impression we left with you about certain aspects of your stay with us. Safe Travels!
Lexington, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Glad I selected this hotel! Super clean. Wonderful front desk, housekeeping and breakfast staff! Kids played in the indoor pool and had a great time as well. Convenient to EVERYTHING! Will definitely stay in this hotel again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words of praise. We are so happy that you were able to experience what it is we aspire to do for all of our guests. We believe that our people truly make the difference and our full hot breakfast is definitely the right way to start any day. We are so happy to see that you enjoyed it. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Pratt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

The hotel was very easy to get to. We used our Garmin and were let directly to the front door.
We were checked in immediately upon arrival and went into the room and it was nice and clean. The only thing I didn't like about the room was that we had the AC turned as low as it would go and it was still too warm and muggy. We didn't complain as we were extremely tired and we just slept without the blanket. Also,when in the shower, please be careful. It can become very slick when showering. I would stay at this location again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
We appreciate your taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. I have forwarded your comments regarding your AC and shower to our maintenance team to be sure that we address them and avoid any future issues. I have also forwarded your comments to our housekeeping department as kudos for a job well done. Thank you again for reviewing your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again!
Vail, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I stayed one night and found this to be a great choice in Spartanburg! It was clean and comfortable and quiet. I had planned on using the free shuttle from GSP but did not use it, however that was a key selling point for me. You do have to call the day before and arrange the time. I also used the indoor pool and enjoyed it for Grandson! Very nice staff. Food delivery available.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
I believe you may have reviewed a hotel in Spartanburg as our hotel is located in Greenville SC. Our shuttle does not require appointments and runs M-F from 6am until Midnight as needed. Our Holiday Inn Express at Westgate Mall does operate a shuttle by appointment. Our management company operates that hotel as well. We are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay there. We hope that you will select our hotel on Woodruff Road in Greenville, SC or our hotel at Westgate Mall in Spartanburg anytime you're in the Upstate of South Carolina!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road? Share your experiences!