“Great value and location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road

You added Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1036 Woodruff Road, I-85 Exit 51-A, Greenville, SC 29607   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #13 of 62 Hotels in Greenville
Byron, Georgia
“Great value and location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

First off, we love staying at Holiday Inn Express hotels and suites. Good value for what you get! We loved the Greenville Holiday Inn Express, great location, safe and a lot of surrounding food/shopping establishments. We had a suite which had plenty of room and the 42 inch LG Flat screen looked brand new and had plenty of channels. Breakfast was the typical HI Express food, plentiful and a good variety as you can’t complain as it is free and included in the hotel room cost. We arrived on a Saturday around 2pm and beware Woodruff Road is a “VERY” busy road for Greenville residents to go visit the surrounding food/shopping establishments, especially on the weekends. Anyhow, we will be back and we had no complaints!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jason P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us. We did, indeed, just upgrade all of our suites by installing brand new 42" Flat Panel LCD Televisions. We are glad you were able to enjoy that. Our breakfast, too, is an outstanding value and we work very hard to make sure our food is fresh and plentiful. We hope that we will always be your hotel choice in the Greenville, SC area! We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Lexington, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I stayed here on a job interview trip to Greenville, SC. The staff went out of their way to make me feel welcome and at home. They have a great morning breakfast buffet and also a evening mgr welcome. This is a great place to stay and so clean!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
We are so honored to have such kind words of praise. We hope all of our guests experience this impression when they leave our hotel. It truly is at the heart of what we do to create a hotel guests love! We hope you'll return to stay with us again and again each and every time you're in Greenville, SC....and we hope you got the job!
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Beautiful rooms great location a even better breakfast and a not so bad price. Would have been cool to get my paper at the door when I woke but all in all it was a great stay and I would stay again next time

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We are happy to see that you enjoyed one of our standout features: our breakfast. We believe we have the best breakfast offering among its rivals and work very hard to ensure that our food is always plentiful, fresh with variety of options. Newspapers are delivered to all occupied guest rooms every morning. I will address your comments to our service provider to ensure that we don't miss any occupied guest room in the future. Thank you for letting us know! Please do come and visit us again when you're in Greenville, SC
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Before checking into the Holiday Inn Express on Woodruff Road, I had the pleasure of speaking with Amina at the frontdesk. Amina went above and beyond to meet all of my requests and provided me with the best service I have ever experienced. When I met Amina in person she was exremely pleasant and continued her great customer service. When arriving at the hotel everyone at the frontdesk were very accommodating and extremely helpful. In the future, Holiday Inn Express will be the hotel for me and my family and I will refer everyone I know to the Holiday Inn Express. Thank you, Amina for everything.

Room Tip: All the employees, from the frontdesk to housekeeping were excellent. The room on the first floor wa...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
I am so happy to see that you met Amina. She truly is an ambassador for our overall mission to create a hotel that guests love. We truly believe that our team members are the one aspect of a guest's stay that can set our hotel apart from all others. We're glad you were able to experience that. We hope to see you again very soon!
Florence, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I had a meeting and stayed for 2 nights. I have been fighting being sick for over a week and needed to rest prior to my meeting on Tuesday. Hotel was super clean and quiet. I rested so well - new pillows at this hotel are great! Staff was friendly and super responsive to all my needs. If you are looking for a great Greenville location that is quiet, clean, safe and is newer as far as the rooms etc - this is the place!

Room Tip: The whole hotel is tucked back off of Woodruff Road - great because you are literally walking distan...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Jason P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
We are so honored to read about your experience at our hotel. Our new pillows are absolutely incredible and we now have pillows that match the size of the bed (King Pillows for King Beds and Queen Pillows for Queens). They have really enhanced the quality of sleep our guests enjoy. Our team members are, indeed, exceptional and we continually work to get better every day. We hope to see you each time you return to the Greenville area! Stay Smart!
Aiken, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Holiday Inn Express is one of our favorites and this one was no exception. From the moment we walked in everything was just excellent. The customer care at the front desk was wonderful and our room was just perfect and so very clean. We can always count on Holiday Inn.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
We are so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much! That is exactly what we strive to do for all guests and we agree that our people do make a big difference. Please know that your comments will be shared with our team at our weekly team huddle. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town!
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

We chose this location to be close to downtown Greenville, South Carolina. My daughter frequently stays at a Holiday Inn Express in Spring Lake, North Carolina when she drills at the nearby Air Force Base. This location is tucked back off the main highway so you will have to look for it behind a restaurant. It was easy to return to I-85 on the return trip to Atlanta. The lobby was open. airy, renovated, modern and pleasant on the eyes. The staff was friendly and helpful concerning local places to go, current events, theaters, tourist attractions and festivities to participate in. The air in the room smelled clean, the fixtures and interior were clean and the bed was very comfortable. The pillows were labeled as to their firmness. The room was nicely sized and the appointments well chosen for this price point. We normally search for and stay at reasonably priced hotels with four stars and this was comparable. The breakfast was of good value compared to other hotels we stayed at that offered lower price points. My wife was pleasantly surprised with the visit. She approached the lodging with trepidation due to her unfavorable experiences with this chain in the 70’s. As a result of this pleasant stay we signed up for the free Holiday Inn membership and found out that it remained with you forever. Wish we had signed up years ago when we stayed a week at one. The points add up quickly. My daughter easily accumulated enough in North Carolina to comp me a room there when I visited her last month. Tom – thank you for your knowledge and service to the families who enter your place of work. As the head greeter at the front desk you are the first impression we have of your company. You did well.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back overlook an open area and the rooms in front - the parking plot.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Jason P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
We can assure you that we're not the Holiday Inns of the 70s! Our entire brand--both Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express--has undergone some major transformation in recent years to create Great Hotels that Guests Love and we are so happy you were able to experience that mission! We start with a warm, welcoming arrival, clean, crisp rooms, a wonderful breakfast offering all executed by a caring, genuine team. We believe that our team members are the ambassadors that make this happen! The IHG Rewards Club is an excellent loyalty and rewards program that offer quite a few "perks" to our members and, of course, those points that are redeemable for free nights in any IHG hotel! We are so glad to welcome you aboard as a new member! Thank you again for your comments and we hope you've made InterContinental Hotels your brand of choice for all of your future travel and accommodations! We look forward to seeing you again!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road? Share your experiences!