“Close to downtown” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 62 hotels in Greenville
Fayetteville, GA- outside of Atlanta
“Close to downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

At first, I was worried that this hotel was too much of a walk; seeing online that River Falls Park is 3miles away, and knowing this hotel was near a cemetery made me skeptical...
But it was
much closer than I realized to any place I wanted to go eat.
We walked to the park, too; and I doubt seriously that was 3 miles away!

I stayed with my sister, so we had a Queen Suite.
We cashed in our points, so I can't comment on value.

As for the room, our TV was sketchy, but it did the job (and we didn't complain, so nothing got "fixed").
The beds were very comfortable. It was quiet & roomy.
The fridge was helpful (there's a microwave, too!)

The downside was the lighting--- no easy way to turn on the lights past the hallway from a switch. everything was manual. Also, there was a light in the fridge area that we couldn't for life of us figure out how to turn off... so we unplugged it.
The bathroom only had one light; the shower was rather dark.

The breakfast was more plentiful than I expected (and pretty good, too.)
and upon check-in they gave us a little goodybag for being a Priority Club member.

Will stay there again!

• Stayed October 2010
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing at Holiday Inn Express Greenville Downtown, responded to this review, October 25, 2010
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown. I am happy that you enjoyed our convenient location. Stayed tuned for property updates in the very near future. We appreciate your business and look forward to being of service again in the near future.

133 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

Great place for downtown area.
The rooms was very clean, the beds were very comfortable.

Orange county, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010 via mobile

We were visiting from Huntington Beach, California and from the moment we arrived our experience was superb. The customer service was amazing. The staff was great-from the front desk to the house keepers, this is the first time in years that I was able to give any hotel a PERFECT ALL AROUND SCORE. America, this is it, this is what staying in a perfect hotel is all about.
Thanks Holiday Inn Express staff, hats off to you
Sincerely, Minister SimplyArlene

• Stayed October 2010
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing at Holiday Inn Express Greenville Downtown, responded to this review, August 12, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at the Holiday inn Express Downtown Greenville. We do believe that guests at any hotel should receive 5 Star service. It is a pleasure to know that our team exceeded your expectations and made you feel very welcome. We hope you travels bring you back to Greenville, SC in the near future and look forward to serving you again.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

The location is very good. You can walk a couple of blocks to Main St which has loads of restaurants. We ate at Handi Indian and it was excellent. Even though the hotel was booked solid with a few groups it was totally quiet at night. We had a great night's sleep. The room is your standard room. Nice towels and I loved the smell of the shampoo, lotion etc.
Breakfast was busy but we found a couple of seats. We had biscuits, gravy and scrambled eggs. It was good. No fruit though.
Free parking on site. Free WIFI. Flat screen TV.
Greenville is a very clean and tidy city. The Reedy Falls Park is very nice. It is also within walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing at Holiday Inn Express Greenville Downtown, responded to this review, July 20, 2010
Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Greenville. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with the hotel and Greenville overall. We hope to be of service in the near future!
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

Visited over the July 4 holiday. Great location at the north end of Main Street. An easy walk to all of the Main Street attractions. Clean room, friendly staff, good service. Can't comment on the breakfast as we ate downtown. Must emphasize convenient, off street, FREE parking. I've stayed at one of the downtown hotels and it cost $6 a day to park in their deck.
Greenville is a wonderful city. Their Independence Day celebration is as good as I've seen.
I recommend the hotel, the city, and their July 4 celebration if you get the chance.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
McKinney TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

I stayed for three days recently at the Holiday Inn Express Greenville Downtown. I travel to Greenville often, stay only downtown, but this was my first experience at HIE. The food was great (the cinnamon rolls, of course, are to die for), room was very clean, bed was very comfortable. I requested a pillow replacement - which came exactly to my spec and within 5 minutes to my call to Beth at the front desk - what a great experience! Honestly, I was struck by the responsiveness and friendliness of the entire service staff during my stay. The only downside is that I checked out wondering "when comparing price to value, why have I never stayed here in the past?". I'll be back, and suggest that others check the venue out if you haven't already. One more time, "Thanks, Beth!".

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Marietta, GA, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

After such a great experience at the other HI Express in Woodruff Road in February, I guess I set my expectations too high.

Because of the chain it belongs to, the traveler can expect the standard amenities: pool, business center, exercise room, free hot breakfast, etc. In that sense, it's OK. However, it's the little details that disappoint: The breakfast eggs are either greasy or watery, or both. The bedsheets were clean, but the blankets on top were very dusty. The compact fridge never worked properly, even after we requested an adjustment. The front desk staff appeared friendly, but didn't seem to be too concerned about our comfort. one person that showed sincere customer care was the lady stocking the breakfast bar and cleaning the tables - I gave her a good tip.

I guess I would still recommend this hotel because it was not a bad experience, but I think the staff can do better if they focus on the guests more.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Greenville Downtown? Share your experiences!