“Friendly Staff and Great Location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #24 of 62 Hotels in Greenville
Toledo, Ohio
“Friendly Staff and Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

This the perfect location for staying in the downtown area. Very safe (and free) parking, nice rooms and reasonable rates. But the best thing was the friendliness of the staff. Everybody made a point of saying hello, asking if I had everything I needed, how I liked Greenville, etc. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing, Owner Representative at Holiday Inn Express Greenville Downtown, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Greenville . I am so happy to see that you had a great experience with us. If there is anything that we can do to make your next stay even better please let us know. We value your business and appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back very soon. In the meantime we wish you safe travels and much success.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
North Conway, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

This hotel has always been very friendly. My last stay, however, was NOT. When I arrived at the hotel it was very crowded in the parking lot. No places at all to park. As i checked in I was greeted by the "front desk manager" whom was not in uniform and was very rude. I asked for information about a certain restuarant and was shot down immediatly. I also asked for extra items for my room and was told to come get them. Afterwards, I came back to the desk hoping another employee would be there, but nope same lady. Im guessing they have many people there with split personalities. She had done a complete 360. She seemed over friendly and trying to compensate for they way she reacted earlier, but i wasn't buying it. Once you are rude to a guest you have basically lost their respect. I would hate to see how she treats employees if she treats the guests in this fashion.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing, Owner Representative at Holiday Inn Express Greenville Downtown, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am so disappointed to see that our team was not helpful, friendly and accommodating. I do really appreciate you taking the time to let us know so that we can take corrective action immediately. If there is anything at all that I can do for you please let me know. We value your business and your feedback.
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn in downtown Greenville S.C. and it was a very pleasant experience. The front desk staff was very helpful to me I did not have a reservation but she got me a room it was very clean and nice. The person at the front desk told me where everything was in the hotel and downtown thank you so much. Kent Barringger.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing, Owner Representative at Holiday Inn Express Greenville Downtown, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Greenville. I am so happy to see that you had a good experience with us. We appreciate your business and value your feedback. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

This hotel is one of the BEST hotels I have stayed at in Greenville. Me and the girls decided to have a night on the town and this hotel was the most reasonable price you will find in the downtown area. The receptionist at the desk was amazing. She took care of all of our needs and even brought things up to our room that we had forgotten at home. The breakfast was hot and so yummy. Never had a better breakfast at a hotel before. Big Plus + The hotel was under renovation and was still waiting on some wallpaper to come in for the hallways and the curtains and some artwork in the rooms, but it was still great. Very modern designed carpeting. This room even had an accent wall. New flat screens were good, most hotels have the thick old fashioned ones and this was a breath of fresh air. I will always come to this hotel when the girls decide to come downtown for a night out. Keep up the awesome work Holiday Inn

Room Tip: All of these rooms are amazing and wonderful for the price!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Greenville. We appreciate your kind words and enthusiasm for our hotel. I hope we see you again when you plan a fun night out in Downtown Greenville.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

We had a great opportunity to stay here...great location...close enough to downtown, but also in the heart of new shopping, restaurants area on Woodruff Road. We loved the hotel. It was very very clean, the staff was great and we had an excellent experience. The amenities, pool and breakfast area, were just awesome. Great value for families, without sacrificing quality. We will always stay here when we travel to Greenville. You'd be nuts to pay downtown prices...this one can't be beat.

Room Tip: Sits back from road, so no worries about noise.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

This place makes you shake your head in wonderment. Checked in and although Desk clerk and lobby are lovely, location fabulous, the room was NOT what we booked. Air conditioning not working, not even any batteries in the thermostat! We put our own in, still didn't work. Late May in SC is NOT the time to be w/out a/c. The desk clerk moved us to a handicapped suite whereupon arrival, my daughter found a hypodermic needle nestled in the looseleaf binder on the desk!!! You read that right. I called the desk, the nice, young clerk came up with gloves on to remove it. I questioned her about cleanliness of sheets, surfaces etc. I was told that, "there'd been trouble in here last night." She left and within minutes called to say the mgr told her to 'shut down' the room. Yikes! We were moved again. The final room was fine. That night in the lobby a couple was complaining that their room, our original room, had no a/c. Seems they booked that room again KNOWING that it didn't work!! It was 85 degrees outside! Reprehensible. Upon arriving home, I called Expedia and was given a one night refund. I wrote Holiday Inn corp. and was sent an email asking for specific details and contact info. I replied. Four days later, I wrote again and was told they couldn't find details of my visit. I again sent info. I received a polite, noncomittal apology from Holiday Inn and that was it. Yesterday, a manager from the Greenville location telephoned me, but was gone for the day when I returned her call. It's been 24 hours and she hasn't returned mine. I am appalled that this would not be an outrage to the corporation or the local manager!! If there had been 'trouble' in the room the night before, I shudder to think what may have been on/in that needle!! What if my daughter had been 2 instead of l8? Shame on the Holiday Inn, both local and corporate for their benign reaction to such an occurrence.

Room Tip: View from our final room switch, the 5th floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales& Marketing, Owner Representative at Holiday Inn Express Greenville Downtown, responded to this review, June 9, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am very sorry that you did not receive an immediate response from IHG or from our General Manager. I know that our GM has tried to call and you have not yet connected. I am very sorry that you found a hypodermic needle hidden in a guest directory. The response from our staff is a bit surprising and we have already addressed that with the front office team. We have also updated our housekeeping checklist to include inspecting the guest directory in light of this situation. This is not a situation we have encountered before. Our thermostats are operated by electricity and do not require batteries to be operational. So that is why you did not find batteries. From time to time, units do fail and need repair. I am very sorry that your AC was not working properly when you arrived. The unit has been serviced and is functioning properly now. We appreciate you letting us know. Our GM will continue to try to follow up with you directly to offer her apologies and look for a way to make amends. In the meantime, please know that we value your business and your feedback.
farwest suburbs
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

About the only saving grace is the location. As reviewed previously, the hotel is undergoing a less than attractive "renovation". The "done" rooms have a deep dusty blue accent wall - they painted over wall hangers, holes, etc. The carpet is a brown geometric design and the curtains are a strange gold vintage print. BUT, I could have just chalked that all up to a work in progress...we had major other issues. The first was a very unwelcomed room guest - a 2 inch palmetto/cockroach. They did bring in an exterminator on a Saturday and thoroughly cleaned all the room. They said it was because my brand new mattress had been stored in the trailers at the rear of the lot and it probably hitched a ride in. Although plausible- still disturbing . The other issue occurred when my daughter's room door handle fell off in her hand.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing, Owner Representative at Holiday Inn Express Greenville Downtown, responded to this review, June 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am sorry that you did not have a good experience. Renovations do present challenges for the hotel and do affect guest perceptions. I am disappointed that our team did not share with you the status of our renovations when you checked in. There is still more work to be done in each guest room. But when you are working with multiple vendors, time lines can easily get compromised. Our new drapes have not been installed due to multiple delays in the custom designed fabric. We are also still waiting on the new bed skirts and artwork. Palmetto bugs are unfortunately part of life in the South. We do everything we possibly can to control them, but from time to time one will manage to find a way in. I do apologize for this unpleasant guest. If there is anything that I can do for you please let me know. I would like to invite you back as my guest when our renovations are complete so you can see how nice our rooms are when the finishing touches are in place. We also have some exciting plans for our breakfast area and lobby, meeting room and fitness center. Please contact me at jrose@sycamoreinvestments.com to arrange for a future stay at my compliments. Thank you so much for your feedback and your business. We look forward to welcoming you back and making amends.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Greenville Downtown? Share your experiences!