“Loved it; good food,nice staff and good prices!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #149 of 761 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American
Texas
“Loved it; good food,nice staff and good prices!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

We enjoyed a great lunch here;staff was welcoming and friendly,and the restaurant was clean. Good sweet tea,which is essential to a good meal in the South. Their chicken friend steak is crunchy, and was served hot,and not greasy in any way. I asked for the gravy on the side,and they gladly obliged. While we waited for our food,we were offered breads,and got the mixed basket. While the cornbread is okay, the biscuits were great! The server was able to find us packets of honey to add to our biscuits.
The black eyed peas, mashed potatoes and cream gravy were all very good,and we left full and happy. This might seem more like a "chain" than some of the other Southern food restaurants in the area,but it was a great find,and we look forward to coming back, on our next trip to Greenville.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Greenville, South Carolina
“Excellant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

The food is excellent and you can't beat the price unless you want to eat at home. Me, I would rather eat here, everything seemed to taste fresh and it was all good. Our first time here and I am sure we will be back real soon...

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Greenville, South Carolina
“Grood Home Cooked Food But...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

good home cooked food. the customer service is sometimes freindly, but has horribly gotten the last 3 to go orders wrong. And wasn't that friendly when called back. They had a mostly deaf guy answerign the phone which God bless him, he was trying. WHen I encountered him twice, he asked me to give hbim a break and blamed his deafness. The second time he told me this, I asked him "How is this my problem? After several attempts and confirmations over the phone, they STILL got the orders wrong-- I'm not talking specially made stuff.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Greenville, SC
“going downhill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We used to love this restaurant but the last few times we have visited the food has been sub par. Our last meal there consisted of tough country fried steak, cold collard greens and my husband's cinnamon apples were half cooked, half way over done. Plus the price keeps going up. With a gratuity, it now costs around $28 for two people to eat here. I'm not sure if we will go back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Good value, especially kids free days”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We went for the first time after searching for "kids eat free" places. There is a very large variety to choose from of meats and vegetables. We have 4 kids, so all 6 of us eat for just over $19, and that is a deal anywhere you go! The fried green tomatoes were fair, but everything else was good. Drinks are also free here, and self serve. Service was fast. The free thing is 2 kids per adult, all day Saturday and certain hours on a Tuesday I believe and maybe one other day. I'd definitely recommend this place.