“Tasty food and great service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #220 of 760 Restaurants in Greenville
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Afton, TN
“Tasty food and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

We were in Greenville,SC for the St. Patrick's Day 5k race and decided after checking the reviews to give this restaurant a try. Moderatly priced, good food and service. Worth a try.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Simpsonville, South Carolina
“Eggs Benedict Style”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Took daughter- in-law and sister-in-law to breakfast after my wife passed.
All had Eggs Benedict. Delicious !!
Large portions, tasty sauce ( maybe not as good as mine). Muffins were fully toasted and crunchy...eggs not over cooked.
Little pricey...about $15 each but we'll worth the money.
A real treat.

• Visited January 2014
Greenville, South Carolina
“Breakfast at Mary Beth's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

The other day my sister-in-law was running a half-marathon, and while she did all the work, her husband, my brother and their eight-year-old son had a large and tasty breakfast there. It's a tad off the beaten path (aka Main Street) in Greenville, but quite easy to find, two blocks off Main, walking easterly on McBee. While there are several other choices for breakfast in downtown Greenville, few are open as early as Mary Beth's (7am), and it happened to be about two hundred yards from the finish line of the race, so it was perfectly located for us.

We were greeted cheerily by the host, an older Southern gentleman, and our waiter called upon us quickly. Mary Beth's has a fairly large breakfast menu, including waffles and pancakes as well as eggs and omelets - there's more, but you can check the website for that. We ordered large and received large! My nephew was insistent on three scrambled eggs and bacon, but my brother wisely limited him to two - the young one chose biscuits for his bread. My brother also ordered eggs, over easy, and was rewarded with a huge platter that included home fries as well. He too ordered biscuits for his bread. These came, by the way, slightly grilled, which I had not seen before, but my brother pronounced them excellent. I had a sausage, peppers and onion omelet (they asked if I wanted cheese as well, but this combo was certainly an explosive enough way to start the day. Everything was well prepared and quite yummy! I have had one better omelet in Greenville, but that was at a place out of the center, and this one certainly did the trick for me. My brother was very happy with his, and in fact added to his meal by eating what his son did not. My nephew almost never finishes his food, proving once again that his dad was right to limit him to two eggs! Coffee flowed, the service was friendly and prompt. I'd call the place a cut above most breakfast establishments in the Greenville area, if a tad pricey, and a good place at which to nosh!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Don't waste your time.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Read some reviews and decided to give it a try, really wished I hadn't. Ordered Upstate Eggs Benedict ($11.95) that says served with corned beef hash with a horseradish hollandaise. It wasn't very crowded and it took at least twenty minutes to get my order. When it arrived my bill was placed on the table at the same time. When I looked down at my plate I couldn't believe my eyes the hash was straight out of a can and I tased hardly any horseradish at all. Well after washing this down with a glass of orange juice ($3.50) I realized one thing that what they say on their web site is true. They say they support local farms and source most of their ingredients from local merchants, well the second part of this is true because I could have walked next door to the Publix as they did and buy the same can of hash and orange juice. I could get this same breakfast at a Waffle House for a third of the cost.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Asheville, North Carolina
“Fabulous way to start the day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We were just in Greenville for a concert and the Concierge at The Marriott downtown suggested Mary Beth's for breakfast..As we got closer to the restaurant we were encountering rave reviews on the street from folks who just left there...Word of mouth is the best way ....We loved the welcome and service we received Plus the food was excellent...The hash browns were the best ever...But so was every item on the plate.Do not hesitate to go there..Well worth the short walk from Main Street!

• Visited February 2014