“Trying to Budget” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 62 Hotels in Greenville
Memphis, Tennessee
“Trying to Budget”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Well the saying go you get what you pay for.....the lobby area was clean upon arrival and the front desk was very nice. we were assign a room on the second floor / the hall way was stuffy and smelled of smoke. For the fee / Comfort and convenience so don't expect nothing more. The bed was very comfortable and so was the pillows and the bath was very clean and spacious. The wall paper was coming off the wall and a very large water mark in one of the corners as if a leak from the floor above. The chairs in the room had stains on them someone had dropped food on them. The air condition was good.....We did not eat from the breakfast because it was over crowded. There was a bit of noise threw out the night of doors slamming and the sound of what seem to be a dryer or vent of some kind.
The is a microwave and Refrigerator if you have to use. Over all this was not a bad hotel for a last minute trip that was not planned. It's not the HILTON and not The Crown Plaza which sits next to it but, it will pass....just need a little work and repair.

Room Tip: Read the reviews first.....
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Akron (Portage Lakes), Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Met my husband on a business trip, as we were heading to Charleston, SC..Fell in love with Greenville, SC starting with the staff at this hotel! WOW.. Unspoken excellence! Flying in before my birthday, the housekeeping staff helped my husband prepare a romantic arrival with his purchase of flowers, etc.Can't wait for another business meeting...I'll invite myself! Great location to the wonderful airport, close to downtown, shops, restaurants! The Waterfall downtown, with Clemson on the other side of a suspended walking bridge was INCREDIBLE! Enjoy fabulous food at "Smoke on the Water", many nights with an acoustic guitarist....

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Stayed for a night. Was fairly smelly and smoky even in the non smoking rooms. I guess the property can be OK if you are looking for a place to sleep at the right price. Breakfast was OK and the lobby was renovated. However the front desk said they are just about to renovate the guest rooms.

• Stayed June 2014
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Security locks on outside of building did not work. A twenty-something man ran in and out with us each time we opened door not realizing this and stood by our van a good part of the night (drug dealer?) asked front desk and they said no secure entrances to hotel. Anyone can come and go with or without a card! Could not supply a toothbrush, roll away bed or orange juice at breakfast in a four day stay. Our room looked like a Frat house, with the "pleather" torn from the arms and cushions of the couch. I asked if they could replace cushions or couch as we were expecting family, they said not possible, that the owner is remodeling and doesn't care. We smelled hot tar from re-roofing job for hours in our room day and night and the pounding started at 9:30am. I watched a girl help someone at the front desk with papers, keys, and go straight over to handle breakfast food--didnt even wash her hands! Lucky we aren't all sick! No working fans in either bathroom, pop machine took our money, OK in cleanliness, maids were best part of this hotel

Room Tip: never choose this hotel until remodel is finished????
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I was surprised at how worn the room was. The worst part was the television did not work properly. It had very large lines throw the screen which indicated to me that the picture was going out. I called down to let them know and am confident it wasn't the first time they had heard this. To me this indicated the lack of maintenance on the facility. Rate was $99, but with AAA it was $67. Even at this low price I checked out and didn't stay a second night. The Baymont was about :10 away for $89 and was fantastic. Pass on this Comfort Suites.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Value hotel in ok location but rooms are a little worn and could use either a very good cleaning or a make-over. Front desk people are friendly and helpful. Breakfast is below average for a Comfort Inn.

• Stayed May 2014
Charleston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Be sure your reservation says NON-smoking before you arrive, because in this day and age, yes there are still smoking rooms. My corporate travel booked a room here and when I checked in all they had were smoking. I have terrible allergies and the woman asked me if I would like to go smell the room! No, thank you. I cannot stay here in a smoking room. She advised that she could upgrade me to a non-smoking suite for an additional $40. I told her that my company would not pay that additional money. She again invited me to smell the room. I told her I could not stay and went to another property. GUESS WHAT? They charged me for the room as a "no-show" and will not refund my money. I know have to eat $70+ out of my pocket for a room I never slept in. Be carefeul.

Room Tip: If you want NON-SMOKING make sure your reservation says it or they will give you a smoking room.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business