“Oh-my-God!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: The Parkway
Description: Giatu brings new enthusiasm to dining. Our retro-contemporary atmosphere, fine food and attentive staff will ensure your visit is a rewarding one. Our dining experience is unique to the Greenville area; come for drinks or dinner and see for yourself! We look forward to serving you.
Summerville, South Carolina
“Oh-my-God!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We had the pleasure of dining at Giatu for the Thanksgiving Brunch Buffet. Our reaction was-Oh my God! The selection of items was amazing! Everything was-and I hate to use this cliche-cooked to perfection. The best part, I think, was the fried turkey breast offered at the carving station. We sampled almost every offering and nothing failed to amaze us.
The desserts were so good they should be illegal!
The best part, though, was the staff. Everyone was friendly. Mary, Catherine and Gwen made us feel like we were dining with family!
We cannot wait for next Thanksgiving!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Union City, New Jersey, United States
“So much food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

For a hotel restaurant, Giatu was pretty impressive. We had dinner on BMW as part of the performance center delivery of our new car. Wine was a tad on the expensive side for a hotel, but glasses of the house were moderate and pretty excellent. Beer selection was ok, but nothing exceptional. The food was excellent though. Both salads were very good, particularly the one with bacon, duck cracklings, and a fried egg, which was a meal on it's own. The oxtail ravioli was also exceptional, though a bit heavy in the creamy sauce, particularly after the huge salad. The pork chop was immense and very well cooked and on the bone which I appreciate. Dessert was also very good and included a coca-cola cake with ice cream and a fried apple pie with apple ice cream which was delicious. Staff was friendly though a bit slow. Breakfast was also very good and had a nice selection from an omelette bar to cereal, to fresh fruit. The omelette bar had a lot of good choices but I was so full from the previous night's dinner I just had cereal and a muffin.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manassas, Virginia
“Great!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Terrific dinner with fantastic service. Breakfast buffet is tasty -- made to order belgian waffles and omlettes are a nice touch. A great way to start the day!

Visited October 2013
Annapolis, Maryland
“High price, skimpy portions”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stuck at the hotel when my flight was cancelled decided to dine at hotel rather than take shuttle elsewhere. Almost empty but good service...I guess no one eats at hotel dining rooms anymore.

I thought the prices were very high for the small amount of food that came on the plate. I had the chicken with honey roasted carrots and the chicken was delicious but only two skinny carrots were on the plate with it...I think this entree was priced in the mid 20's?

If it's between room service and the restaurant, I would choose the restaurant again but you might be better off going out on the adjacent "restaurant row".

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Aberdeen, Maryland
“A little too cosmopolitan”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The facility was clean an the staff was professional, as you would expect in a Marriott. The menu was a little too "gourmet" for me, however. The only item that looked appealing was pork chops and they were good, but not worth the price.

Visited August 2013