“Hotel is very nice” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Hotel is very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I was mostly impressed by the bathroom. The shower was a walk-in and it was pretty big. The lighting was nice and the room was spacious. We had a really nice view over looking the courtyard. It was convient to several eating places that were within walking distance.I had a problem with the shower door and called the front desk and a handy man was there within a few minutes. I loved the promptness and the professionalism. I was not so impressed with the young lady when we checked in. The sleep was peaceful,no noise at all. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GSMCourtyard, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Greenville Downtown, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear MissDeb54,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Greenville Downtown for your recent trip to the area. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us here on Tripadvisor!

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and time while in Greenville. I'm happy that you found your guest room accommodations comfortable and spacious. I have to agree with you that our bathrooms with the glass showers are most impressive! I'm sorry that you experienced a maintenance issue while here, but glad that our staff was able to provide a prompt resolution.

I certainly apologize for the issue that you experienced during check-in. I would love to further discuss this so that we can follow up with our staff accordingly. Front desk is our first impression and we certainly want to ensure we are impressing upon arrival. I was disappointed to hear this and as I said, would love to hear more. Please feel free to contact me at the information below.

I am glad to hear that you will be back to see us again! Thank you again for your comments.

864-451-5703

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Simpsonville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

My wife and like to get one night get aways when we go to the Peace Center for their broadway series plays. The hotel is directly across the street from the Peace Center making it very convenient when there's bad weather. You're in the center of downtown. The hotel has a top notch seafood restaurant off the lobby. Downtown has numerous restaurants all along Main Street which is a great walking area. You are also within two blocks of Falls Park. You can't go wrong from here.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear rvaughn_1,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Greenville Downtown for your recent trip to the area. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and your time in Downtown Greenville.

I hope you enjoyed the show at the Peace Center! You're absolutely correct, we're just across the street from them making it a perfect place to rest your head after a terrific performance that we can always expect from the Peace Center.

We hope to see you again in the future. If I can ever be of assistance to you in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Augusta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I have stayed at many Marriott's and I have to say I was disappointed with this one. While the staff was very friendly and the location couldn't be any better, the room left little to be desired. It had a " body" odor smell to it and the bathroom floor was sticky . When checking in she asked if we preferred any floor and we said that was fine, just one with a nice view ( I read in other reviews prior to booking to ask for this as the courtyard view was nice lit up at night) . So we get to the room and I go to the window and look into a parking lot. Also when checking in we asked about a good restaurant before going to the show across the street. She told us about the one right on the premises and assured us a reservation would not be necessary. Come to find out ...after it was way too late.., a reservation should have been made way ahead.. Oh well! But I would have thought , being an employee of the Marriott she would know that. Other than the 12:45am fire alarm evacuation for an hour and getting back into bed at 2:00am the Marriott Greenville was ..so-so.. Great location, couldn't ask for better. Courteous staff, just better check for yourself on reservations. Cleanliness..could improve a little .

Room Tip: Asked for a nice courtyard view...but didn't get it. View was a parking lot. but did get to sit...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear GeorgiaGirl61,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Greenville Downtown for your recent trip to Greenville. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others here on Tripadvisor.

I'm very sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as our guest's comments are what most help us in making any necessary improvements, which are always needed for continued growth within any organization. I can assure you that we will address these issues departmentally and, again, appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Please feel free to contact me at any time; We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future. I'd be happy to assist in ensuring we commit to you excellent service and a great room and view.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Room was wonderful with a great view. Service at check-in was mixed. Young lady provided excellent service; young man needs customer service skills training & attitude adjustment.
Would stay there again when room rates are reasonable.

• Stayed July 2013
GSMCourtyard, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Greenville Downtown, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Russ M,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Greenville Downtown for your recent trip to the area. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience here on tripadvisor.

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and your stay, but am very concerned with regards to your comments about our front desk staff. I sincerely apologize if you had a bad experience with the mentioned individual and I can assure you that we will share your comments and address with our team. I appreciate you taking the time to inform us of your experience.

I hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future. If I can ever be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've always been a fan of the Courtyard by Marriott brand, so I stayed at this hotel while in town for a wedding, even though the wedding party and other friends were at the Westin a block away. While meeting friends in our lobby, they exclaimed that the Marriott was much nicer and more modern than the Westin, and they wished they were staying at the Marriott! The lobby area is fantastic, with areas for groups to meet up, and smaller more intimate areas with practically private TV screens. The Starbucks in the lobby is a big plus, and has several choices for a hot or cold breakfast. All the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful (my favorite thing about the Courtyard by Marriott brand). The rooms and bathrooms were large and comfortable. The location of this hotel is perfect - a short walk to Falls Park (a must see), many great restaurants, the Saturday farmer's market, and even the minor league baseball stadium.
It was a great stay and we will return!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear bloomingidiot,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Greenville Downtown for your recent trip to the area. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others here on Tripadvisor.

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and time in Greenville. We certainly appreciate your patronage to the Courtyard by Marriott brand, especially when your party was staying elsewhere!

It sounds like you had the full Greenville experience! The Farmers Market is a great hidden gem, and Main Street is full of great restaurants as you mentioned. The Greenville Drive stadium is a great place to check out minor league ball.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments with us. I'm glad to hear that you will be returning and please feel free to contact me in the future; I'd be happy to assist with any reservation needs.

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Great hotel. Woke up and walked to the waterfall. It was beautiful. The service downstairs is a bit slow and frustrating, but the location is within walking distance of ANYTHING you may need for a few nights. A plethora of restaurants and a CVS is within walking distance

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GSMCourtyard, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Greenville Downtown, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Lagilbert1,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Greenville Downtown for your recent trip to the area. We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback here on Tripadvisor!

You are certainly correct that you can walk to just about anything Downtown from our property, which makes it very convenient for almost any guest!

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and your time while in Greenville. I certainly apologize if you experienced slow service in the lobby; If you could contact me with further details so I can address the proper department it would be much appreciated.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Hoschton, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Very modern hotel!!! If you want to visit downtown Greenville, this is the place to stay. It is right in the middle of everything. Yes, you can get a hotel further from the city, but by the time you pay for parking and gas, you might as will stay downtown. The hotel is very modern and clean. The rooms are a little small, but they are decorated to impress. One thing I don't like about the Courtyard, is that you don't get breakfast. Don't worry, about one mile away is a great breakfast place called Mary Beth's. It is a must visit when you come to Greenville.

Room Tip: Self parking is behind the Courtyard in the Public Parking Garage. The elevator takes you right to...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GSMCourtyard, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Greenville Downtown, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Deblene,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Greenville Downtown for your recent trip to the area. We appreciate you taking the time to leave your comments here on Tripadvisor!

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and time in Greenville. Mary Beth's is an excellent breakfast choice and I'm glad you were able to dine there while in Greenville. If I can ever be of assistance to you moving forward, please do not hesitate to let me know.

864-451-5703

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Greenville Downtown? Share your experiences!