“Best place and location to stay in beautiful downtown Greenville!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Greenville Downtown

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #10 of 62 hotels in Greenville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best place and location to stay in beautiful downtown Greenville!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

On my regular visits to Greenville...(the best kept secret in the US)...I always stay at the Court Yard Marriott Downtown....friendly and accomodating staff & associates....new and modern facility....great location (walking distance to everything G-Ville has to offer).

Of my 900+ Motel stays in my business life...this is one of my favorites!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GSMCourtyard, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Greenville Downtown, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear bruce l,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Greenville Downtown for your trips to the area. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment on your time spent with us. What a great compliment you have given us, thank you! We hope to see you again soon. Please feel free to contact me in the future on your return trips to Greenville.

225 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Cleveland,OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My fiancé and I took a random trip to Greenville a few weekends ago and stayed for one night. Upon checking into the room I immediately noticed a very musty smell. It was quite unpleasant and I'm assuming maybe they had not rented it out in a while. We did get a nice view of the skating rink which was still up but had to turn the fan onto high because it was kind of loud when we wanted to sleep.
As far as location, it was great. We were able to leave our car there and walk around the city. The room itself was certainly bigger than most rooms and we did enjoy the little sitting area in the shower but I think next time, we'll check out a different hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GSMCourtyard, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Greenville Downtown, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Sarah C,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Greenville Downtown for your recent trip to the area. I sincerely apologize that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. We do a thorough cleaning and inspection of all of our guest rooms for each arriving guest and I am very sorry that you encountered a less than pleasant odor upon check-in. I have communicated your comments to our housekeeping department so that we can prevent this from happening in the future. We certainly strive to be much better than, "just average," and I hope that we can have the opportunity to make it up to you in the future. Should your travels bring you back to the area, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel has a great location in downtown Greenville, SC at the end Main Street. Many great restaurants and shops on the strip as well as fantastic park across the street. The hotel is newly renovated and very clean and modern. Easy parking in garage for only $10 per night. My favorite place to stay in Greenville SC!

• Stayed January 2013
Dear JaneUrban,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Greenville Downtown for your recent visit to Greenville. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our location. Our location in the heart of Downtown really makes it easy to explore Greenville and all that we have to offer. As you mentioned, Falls Park is just a block away from the hotel; I would recommend all visitors take the time to visit-it is beautiful! We're happy to hear that we are your favorite place to stay and look forward to seeing you again.

Lexington, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We were very pleased with our weekend stay at the Marriott. The front desk service was unfailingly prompt and very friendly. Room was comfortable and very clean. Stayed on the 6th floor and had a nice view. Quiet,well-appointed king room with sofa, comfortable work desk,refrigerator, and microwave. Will definitely stay again!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the view from top floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GSMCourtyard, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Greenville Downtown, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear luray50,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Greenville Downtown for your recent trip to the area. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience here with others. I am happy to hear your comments regarding your stay and our staff! Our top floor does present great views of the city and I am glad you were able to experience them. Whenever your travels bring you back to Greenville, please do not hesitate to contact me; We look forward to seeing you again!

South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This hotel is located in the heart of the revitalized Main Street area of Greenville.
The Peace Center for the Performing Arts is directly across the street. There are
quite a few restaurants within walking distance. We stayed during the holiday season
when the ice skating rink was set up and the hotel lobby was decorated with numerous
Christmas trees.
There were a few things which could easily be improved. When I checked in, the desk
attendant began looking up my reservation and then promptly answered the phone. He
stopped my check in process and proceeded to have a conversation with someone
wanting to make a reservation. I waited for him to finish but when the call continued,
I said, "I'm here". Finally, he placed the call on hold.
The door to the courtyard has a sign that says "for your safety, this door will be locked
at 11 pm....." I was in the lobby at 11:30. Groups of (mostly) young people were
continually entering through that door to use the restrooms in the lobby.
Finally, the hotel indicates it has room service. It does not. You can order something
from the restaurant but you have to go pick it up...so it's really "take-out".

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
GSMCourtyard, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Greenville Downtown, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear AtlantaLady_7,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Greenville Downtown for your recent trip to Greenville. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others and for leaving such a detailed review. Our lobby is really something during the holidays; This year, we had 12 decorated trees! I do apologize if our front desk was not more attentive to you during check-in and we appreciate you letting us know. With Ice on Main located in our Courtyard we do keep the Courtyard door unlocked during their hours of operation but can assure you we have staff members monitoring traffic at all times. Although Nantucket does not deliver to rooms, we would be happy to recommend alternative options for room delivery. I hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future. If I can ever be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

If you are going to Greenville, I strongly recommend the Courtyard Marriott Greenville Downtown. The hotel itself is very nice -- clean, well appointed, good services; and really freindly and efficient staff. Great location for walking to local attractions. And in the winter, they turn their courtyard into a skating rink -- which is quite lovely to watch even if you are not a skater.

Room Tip: I liked my room because it overlooked the skating rink and I could watch theskaters. In the summer...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
GSMCourtyard, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Greenville Downtown, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear SharonH,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Greenville Downtown for your recent trip to Greenville. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience here with others. I am glad to hear that you had an enjoyable experience and that you enjoyed watching others enjoy Ice on Main here at the Courtyard. We hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Above average staff and very nice hotel with great location downtown Greenville SC. Rooms and hotel super clean. Extra large walk-in shower, comfy beds. Great location in center of downtown with tons of restaurants to choose from with different price points for any budget. Walking is easy to beautiful park, theaters, baseball stadium and night spots. Something for everyone!

• Stayed December 2012
Dear tealovingmeme,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others! We sincerely appreciate you choosing the Courtyard Greenville Downtown for your travels to Greenville. We pride ourselves on our centralized location in the heart of Greenville; I am glad you had the opportunity to explore some of what our great Downtown has to offer! Should your travels bring you back to Greenville, we hope to have the the opportunity to host your stay.

864-451-5703

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Greenville Downtown? Share your experiences!