“Great place for an impressive party!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Lazy Goat is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 726 Restaurants in Greenville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Camperdown St
Description: The Lazy Goat is a Mediterranean-themed restaurant with a menu featuring global influences from Spain, Morocco, Italy, France, Greece, Africa and the Middle East and a relaxed atmosphere where taking the time to "linger and share" is encouraged. The diverse menu was created to accommodate a variety of diner preferences with meat & cheese plates, small plates to “graze and nibble,” and main dishes. Guests are invited to take their time while "trying a little bit of that and a little bit of that" or a "whole lot of whatever they like".
Hixson, Tennessee
“Great place for an impressive party!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Made reservations here for a wedding rehearsal dinner. Had the Falls Room with floor to ceiling glass overlooking the river and park. Was a super place and the perfect size for our group! My only complaint is that I wasn't sure who was in charge. A woman met us at the door and showed us in then promptly disappeared. I had a few questions and had to ask several of the wait staff who then went to find someone who knew the answer. It was a little confusing at first but once we got rolling everything went smoothly. We brought our own centerpieces and table decorations. Fall flowers looked great on the chocolate brown tablecloths.

The food was amazing and we got lots of compliments the next day. Everyone's favorite were the goat cheese and honey appetizers. The Greek mac & cheese was also a hit. We had it set up buffet style, that way people could get seconds - and they did! Desserts were also popular - try them all!

The wait staff were helpful and attentive. They even packed up the left overs for us to take home - yum!! They let us arrange a ticket system for the bar and the total bill was very reasonable. Book early!

• 4 of 5 stars Food

“A very memorable experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

With name like The Lazy Goat, I just had to try it out. I was glad I did because the restaurant did not disappoint. Chef Vicky Moore is a very talented young Executive Chef. The dishes reflect her passion for Mediterranean cuisine fused with European-styled presentation. The meat and cheese platter was perfect for priming up your appetite. The Moroccan Lamb was beautifully braised with bright flavors. I was looking for more rusting Moroccan flavor notes such as cumin and preserved lemons but, this dish was still very satisfying. The Porchetta - essentially pork belly in this case, was very delicous with just a hint of orange. The fat to meat ratio was in perfect balance. It was my favorite dish for the evening. The Toasted Garlic Shrimp was a total flop. The tomatoes were too acidic and alcohol from the white wine did not fully evaporate. Flavor balance was thrown out the window on this one. Regardless of the disappointing shrimp dish, my dinner was very good, the 2007 Laboure-Roi Les Sangliers Pinot Noir was nice and the experience was memorable. I will be back for a second visit the next time I am in Greenville, South Carolina.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tempe, Arizona
“Lovely experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I was traveling alone and had made a reservation for one. I arrived early but was seated right away at a perfect table on the patio overlooking the river walk.

I ordered the muffuletta sandwich and the Parmesan pomme frites. Both were delicious and I would definitely order again. Many other items on the menu sounded wonderful, and I would try them all if I lived in Greenville and could visit the restaurant more often.

Service was very friendly although a bit slow. Took a long time for food to arrive, but I was enjoying the beautiful day and surroundings so it was not an issue.

Would definitely visit this restaurant again.

Sarasota, Florida
“A Lovely Place to Dine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I had the fresh fruit Sangria and it was fantastic! Raspberries, blueberries, strawberries.....out of this world! I ordered the lamb burger wrap which was excellent and my husband had their special of the day....pasta with a light meat sauce with asparagus and it was delicious! A very pleasant lunch!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Greenville, South Carolina
“Great food and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I have been to the lazy Goat many times over the last two years. I always leave more than satisfied with the entire experience. The menu is varied with many tapas style dishes, and main courses. I am usually with my family or a business group and I order a large variety of tapas and main dishes for the table to enjoy. I am particularly fond of the grilled calimari and both varieties of paella on the menu. I always get rave reviews for my choices, so what else can I ask of this fine restaurant?

It is located in the heart of downtown Greenville, with most tables having a nice view of the river, bridge and the Peace Center across the way. There is also outside seating which is a nice choice if the weather is permitting.

Usually it is very crowned on weekends, so I recommend a reservation. You can make them on Opentable.com, so not a problem. Last week we made a decision to go at the last minute, and I got lucky using Opentable to get a table for four, inside of an hour !!

A place not to miss in Greenville for fantastic Mediterranean style cuisine!