“Great find!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Greenville S.C.
“Great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

I tried three different plates and they were all delicious, one of them being the flounder it was fried to perfection, mashed potatoes were very tasty, french fries were crispy and very well seasoned. I was told by a regular customer that their pastas are not so good, but when it comes to sandwiches they certainly know how to get them right. The walls are covered with paintings for sale all very nice ones. All in all I can't wait to go back and try something else.

• Visited January 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Greenville
“YOU HELD A MEETING...in the middle of a restaurant!? Really???”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

I am a regular customer at the Adam's Bistro, and contrary to the reviewer (who should've been asked to leave), the service here is nothing short of fantastic. The reason I am a regular is because the owner has always made a special point to come and speak. She didn't even know who I was the first time I came there, but she always remembered me and anyone I was with. Very non-pretentious, efficient, friendly and very down-to-earth. The servers and YES EVEN THE OWNER alway make a point to come by and speak at length, not just a formal, "Hello." To the guy who tried to hold a meeting in the restaurant. Why in the world would you conduct a meeting while people are waiting for tables? There are places to hold meetings and a small restaurant is not one of them. How uncooth, rude, tacky and just downright presumptuous for you to hold up a money making table and prevent the server from being able to maximize his/her tips and the owner from doing what she does---sell food and service. There is a fine line between a reasonable expectation of service and abuse of the service provided, and in my opinion, this gentleman crossed it. Just becuase you ate there doesn't give you the right to commandeer a table to hold what should've been a private function! Had I been a customer waiting for you to let go of your table after you'd finished eating, I probably would've said something myself! Seriously?? How unfair of you to write this type of review becuase the owner had the foresight to protect other customers from your presumtion.

The food is fantastic. I've never had anything there I didn't like (except one dish and that was completely a matter of my own taste). Adams Bistro is definitely a little "getaway" and a very pleasant, unpresuming suprise!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Greenville, South Carolina
“Lost our business forever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

Adams Bistro will never get one penny of our business again after today. We needed a convenient place to meet with a couple of business colleagues over lunch, so we met there. After lunch, the owner came over to our table and basically told us that she would prefer for us NOT to meet there, because we tied up the table and blocked one of her "money slots" (her exact words). I knew that we had probably been at the table for about two typical rounds of customers, so I left the waitress an 80% tip to help cover her time... yes, 80 percent! And I did so even though the waitress never once smiled at us. In all my years of eating in restaurants, I have never encountered anything like this. The woman who runs Adams Bistro needs to take some lessons in customer relations. She was basically telling us that she doesn't care about her customers... just about getting people in and out as fast as possible. Well, don't worry sweetheart, because we will NEVER tie up any of your tables again!!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Greenville, South Carolina
“Great little place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

It's an unexpected find - no fancy building, very unpretentious. It's a fantastic little place with great food - kind of hip, kind of American, kind of Cajun. Great service. Friendly and helpful ownership and staff. It has become my favorite restaurant in Greenville. If going for lunch - go early. this place is REALLY popular with the locals. Whenever you go, if you want wine - bring your own.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Easley, South Carolina
“superb reuben”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2010

Went to Adam's Bistro for the first time this week. The Reuben that I ordered was exceptional and the seasoned fries were as well. I asked for ranch dressing to dip the fries and the waiter was super. He had the dressing at my table BEFORE the food came. He was attentive, professional and super nice. I will definitely return. Great food, great service, great restaurant. Can't wait to try their other dishes.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere