“Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Coastal South Carolina, South Carolina
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Stayed for a weekend several weeks ago. While staff was very nice, hotel is old and in need of major renovation. I usually stay at Courtyard's when I travel however decided to try another Marriott brand. I am a Rewards Club member and was greatly disappointed by the appearance of the hotel. I hope that Fairfield's are scheduled to updated and renovated as the Courtyard's have been.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Anica B
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn Greenville-Spartanburg and thank you for your comments regarding the condition of the hotel. We do uphold to the Fairfield Inn standards and are in the process of finalizing our renovation plans. If you happen to be back in the area, I would love a chance to welcoming you back and give you a tour personally! Thank you again and have a great day!

Randy Watkins

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I stayed here for business. Great location nearby to the airport. I think I stayed here many years ago when it first opened. Everything seems similar. Standard FF Inn footprint. Rooms are ok, nothing flashy - they could probably stand an update soon. Staff was nice, but I didn't feel greatly welcomed, like other similar places. Breakfast in the morning was good. It's a choice for those looking for a Marriott budget offering near the airport.

• 3 of 5 stars
karleeray, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Good morning and thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I do apologize
for our staff not making you feel welcome that is not the way we work. Our staff is trained to take good care of our guest and in your case we dropped the ball.We will address this immediate. If your travels bring you back in our area please give us another try and I'm sure it will be a better. Please stop by the front desk and let us know that you are here. I hope you have a great day and thank you for staying with us.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I gave this hotel 4 stars instead of 3 because of the helpful staff. Special kudos to the early morning staffers who had the breakfast ready around 5:30 am!! Breakfast had adequate choices and fresh fruit was available. Hotel is in need of an "update" as carpeting is stained in hallways; no dresser was available in my room, just a trio of cubbyholes which made it difficult to locate items. Yes, there was the occasional noise in the hallways but I travel with white noise in order to get a decent night's sleep. Staff was responsive to my requests and made my stay more enjoyable.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room on a top floor away from the road/highway.
    • 5 of 5 stars
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for your comments about your stay at the Fairfield Inn Greenville-Spartanburg. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us. I truly appreciate your feedback; we do uphold to the Fairfield Inn standards and are in the process of finalizing our renovation plans. We do hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

North Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

This is an Outstanding facility.
A. This property -morning breakfast -they give time till 10 PM on Weekends which is very nice compared to Columbia Fairfield Inn-they close on weekends so early.
B. There are lot of varieties of breakfast food for vegetarian which are healthy and good. They keep the cups neat and clean, compared to other Fairfield inn in Columbia. the cups are really big and nice compared to columbia ones.
C. This Fairfield Inn keeps welcome Name on the Front Desk for Platinum, Gold and Silver- members of Marriott property, which I have never seen any Fairfield inn property.
D. they also do a drawing for Platinum members they take your business card. Amazing.

Above all the staff are superb nice-people to mention are
Jerome - great and outstanding front desk -he travels extra mile -he can work all day as well.
Shannon really cares and wants to do extra mile-Way to go.

Property has pool and it has a nice place to park and you can see lot of nice birds -ducks and few things very cute.
Nice looking place.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top most floor are really quieter. You should reach out to Jerome or Shannon to get tha...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your wonderful review and I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Fairfield Inn Greenville-Spartanburg. I am delighted to hear you were thoroughly spoiled by our team and we look forward to welcome you back very soon. Thank you and have a great day!
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

The rooms/bathrooms are what you'd expect from any typical Fairfield, but this location really goes to great lengths to treat Marriott Rewards members well. Both times I've arrived I've found a free water and treat waiting in my room with a personalized note - it might sound small but it feels pretty good when you live out of hotels for work. They also do a daily drawing for MR members for bonus points, which is fun. The staff is very friendly and attentive in general. The location is great for me - I really love that it's basically next door to an Earth Fare, which is where I end up eating most of my meals when I stay here. It's also conveniently located by I85 without too much noise. I've found this hotel to be very well priced compared to other Marriott properties not just in Greenville, but around the southeast. This is my go-to business hotel in Greenville.

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for staying at the Fairfield Inn Greenville-Spartanburg and writing about your wonderful experience. We take great pride in delivering excellent service and comments like yours assures me that we are on the right track. We do hope to welcome you back very soon. Thank you and have a great day!

Cape Coral, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband and I stayed in this hotel one night before our flight home from Greenville-Spartanburg airport. Jeremy was very attentive and recommended a good restaurant. The pool was empty, which was surprising but not a big deal for us. The bed was comfortable and the hotel was clean. We had an early flight so we did not have the complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback with fellow online reviewers. It is always to great to hear that our guest has enjoyed their stay at the Fairfield Inn Greenville-Spartanburg and your comments were wonderful to read. We look forward to welcoming you back soon next time you are in Greenville. Thank you and have a great day!

Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here several times over the last four years. The rooms are always clean and the location is really good with plenty of restaurants very close. The breakfast is more than enough. The staff is very friendly! It is only 15-20 minutes to downtown Greenville!

Stayed April 2014
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you for your review and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay here at the Fairfield Inn Greenville-Spartanburg. As you mentioned, our location is unique in that we are within walking distance to so many Restaurants with all types of cuisine. We greatly appreciate your continued patronage and hope to see you back again soon! Thank you and have a great day!

Karleeray
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenville
Courtyard by Marriott Greenville-Spartanburg Airport
4.0 of 5 stars 482 reviews
BEST WESTERN Greenville Airport Inn
Wingate by Wyndham Greenville Airport
Home2 Suites by Hilton Greenville Airport

Been to Fairfield Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport? Share your experiences!