“My family enjoyed this hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #28 of 62 Hotels in Greenville
“My family enjoyed this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Me and my family enjoyed this hotel so much that we plan on staying in this hotel every time we visit Greenville, Sc. I liked the privacy, the comfort feeling like you are at home, the location was great, the breakfast was good and Mon.-Thurs., they have free dinner for guests. I liked the gym and the front desk clerk was so friendly and professional. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would not hesitate to stay here again. Greenville, Sc is such a beautiful and clean city.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Matthews
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We enjoyed a weekend away at this hidden jewel in Greenville, NC. The room was a studio suite with a sofa but large enough to be comfortable. The bed was soft to slightly firm. The kitchenette is equipped with eating utensils, pots/pans, a microwave, stove top(with two eyes), and full refrigerator. A complimentary breakfast is included with scrambled eggs, waffles, pancakes, biscuits with sausage gravy, cereal, fruit, yogurt, etc. The hotel was apparently renovated recently. The furniture shows some age, but is presentable. The oustanding part of the facility is the staff. Nicole went out of her way to make sure that we felt at home and comfortable during our stay. I would recommend this hotel to others. Great customer service!!!!!

Room Tip: The studio suite is large enough for a couple without children. The 1 or 2 bedroom suites are ideal...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This Residence Inn by Marriott was our stop for a two night stay in Greenville SC. We arrived on Friday evening and the checkin process was very smooth. The front desk attendant could not have been more courteous and helpful. Jai was his name if I recall correctly. He gave us a bowl of ice to get started as the ice maker in the freezer had been turned off and both my wife and I were ready for a cold drink after the three hour drive to get there. The room was spacious, typical of what you would expect for an extended stay hotel. One disappointing item was the lack of an oven....sometimes you want to heat something up and not use a microwave. Anyway we went out to dinner Friday evening and took Jai's advice on a restaurant in the downtown area. Had a wonderful meal, some local craft beer and enjoyed the band that was playing that night on the plaza near the restaurant.

One item about housekeeping to be noted. On Saturday evening my wife was looking around for a roll of toilet paper as the roll in the bathroom was getting quite low. Not only did she find the TP but she also found clothes under the bathroom vanity that were apparently left by a previous guest. We left them there for the evening as were about to go out again but on checkout Sunday morning we did mention it the woman at the front desk. To their credit, on Monday we received an email from the GM at this motel saying that she had purchased 5,000 Marriott reward points for us as a way to apologize for any inconvenience that we experienced. A nice touch by the GM.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the back of the property.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Leanne B, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Hello again! We appreciate your feedback and continue to strive to improve our guest experience. We hope we will have an opportunity in the future to serve you again.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I stayed one night for work. I would give this hotel another try. To the casual traveler, you will find this place to meet all your needs.

Great proximity to many casual restaurants, grocery stores, and more. However, at 11pm everything is closed, even Walmart, except for a McDonald's close-by. It also has convenient access to the Interstate. There was plenty of parking even at 11pm close to the door.

The room had a TV channel guide which is always nice. It comes with the usual Residence Inn microwave popcorn, too. The community grill is in great shape and is quite huge.

I had to work with the front desk and end up switching rooms three times due to some really unsatisfactory conditions. Had I received the third room immediately upon check-in I'd be really satisfied with the hotel. The front desk was really empowered to turn the situation around. The manager reached out to me via email the next morning and also made a big effort to turn it all around. The combination of the front desk and manager turned a possible two review into a four review.

Rooms are in different states of repair and remodeling condition. Soft goods and decor has been updated, however, the kitchen, bathroom, and wood furniture has not.

I tried to post pictures from the different rooms that I was in.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Leanne B, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We look forward to seeing you again!
Summerville, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

We were traveling to the area for a family wedding. I made reservations in my name, however, had a conflict and other members in my party were going to arrive before me. I contacted the hotel and spoke with Jai who was extremely helpful. Our experience was great. The hotel was clean, staff friendly, helpful and courteous. We had a 2 bedroom suite which was perfect for our needs. The hotel was quiet overnight even though we weren't far from an elevator. Breakfast buffet was typical and good. My elderly mother was with us and her handicap accessible room fit all her needs. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Grayson, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We stayed here on a Friday night and were very pleased with the size of the room and kitchen facility. The bed was comfortable. the room and bathe were clean. Front desk staff was efficient and courteous. Unfortunately, for the breakfast buffet the next morning the eggs and sausage were merely warm and the potatoes were cold. Service people seemed slow in clean up.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jenison, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

My husband was on an extended stay here for work and I decided to drive down for a visit. The Suite was very nice - a tv in the bedroom and the living room with a door to close between. the bathroom was nice and spacious with a sink and closet area that opened into the bedroom and a closed door for the shower and toilet. There was a great sectional style couch in the living room as well as a small desk and small kitchen table. The kitchen itself had a dishwasher, full size fridge, dishes and silverware, microwave and stove top counter. All the decor - pillows, paint, framed art was very bold and modern. Our window looked out to the woods with spring blooms in the trees.
I brought our dog with us and the staff was very friendly towards him, learning his name and offering head scratches and treats.
They also even recommended a local oil change when I mentioned it was on our agenda for the day and they were the friendliest quick stop I have ever experienced.
The hotel aside from the room was very clean and up to date. We were able to sit on the patio and enjoy the gas firepit and cook our dinner on the large outdoor grill. They also had a small tennis/basketball court area and a small outdoor pool.
This location is close to the local Bi Lo (you can walk) as well as many other fast food and sit down places to eat and not far from downtown Greenville (Falls Park at the Reedy is a must).
This was truly one of the best experiences I have had at a hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Leanne R, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
I am so glad you had such a great experience at our hotel. We are very blessed to have such a wonderful staff that cares so genuinely about our guests. We hope we get to see you again!!

Leanne Bryan

Been to Residence Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport? Share your experiences!