“clean quiet hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 62 Hotels in Greenville
South Shore
“clean quiet hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

My family stayed here 4 nights for a softball tournament in July. Hotel was clean and in quiet location. An added plus was Crispy Crème Donuts across the street! Rooms were a bit small for an extended stay. For breakfast, there wasn't a very big selection and it was the same each morning. We did experience a problem with the bathroom light coming on randomly for 2 back to back nights. We called and complained the first night and they couldn't fix it at 3 or 4 in morning, so very little sleep! So they thought they had fixed it the next day but it done it again the second night also. So not much sleep two nights in a row. They finally fixed it the 3rd day. We asked if they could compensate us for the problem and they did take $40 off our bill. I thought they should have taken off more or at least given us some rewards points for a free stay(since we are rewards members), but I guess $40 is better than nothing! Over all not a terrible stay!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jeanne M, Manager at Sleep Inn at TD Convention Center, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for staying with us for your softball tournament. We are glad that you felt that we are clean and quiet. We do apologize for the bathroom light flickering. Our maintenance man thought he had it fixed on your first day. Normally, for a unresolved maintenance issue, we move our guests to a more suitable room or provide an upgrade. We thought it was fixed and when we were made aware that it wasn't, a discount was applied. The next time that you stay with us, please mention this and we will be sure to give you the best available room.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Normally wouldn't consider this place anymore than two… But the fact that there is a Irish Pub across the street and the Krispy Kreme which you can smell the donuts cooking moves it to a three.

Place is definitely dated and carpet is stained in the hallways and in the room. Was very turned off to begin with to find that the room was probably 90°. Unbelievable that someone with reservations wouldn't have a room with HVAC system turned on. I had to turn the AC on and go outside (in the 80's) to cool off.

Room was very small and cramped and I actually turned the loveseat on it's end to have room to walk around. Very small bathroom with a shower only… No tub. I was less than 5 miles from Manhattan last week in a room in New Jersey that was much larger than this.

Price was very good and I would only consider staying here again if I was really tight on funding.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Very nice room, pleasant check-in experience (confirmed late check-out with assistant manager), great shower, bed comfy, however pillows are TOO soft. I wish they did like Comfort Inn and provide 2 firm pillows and two soft pillows.

Slow internet connections a couple of times. The side door to the parking lot from the first floor hall is broken and has a sign stating such and so it can't be used. This was extremely inconvenient at 11:00 pm on Friday night in the rain when I had to walk around to the front-plus it poses a safety issue. I would have parked at the front of building if there had been available spots.

Am not happy that I was called at 11:10 AM Saturday morning by the front desk clerk reminding me I had to check out. I had arranged (on-line and in person) for a late (noon) check-out.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Wilmington, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Staff did nothing for our THREE noise complaints, occupants above us wrestled, jumped around and were obviously drunk from 10-12 p.m., then again from 3:30 a.m-7:00 a.m, when we decided to leave.We were told it was not serious enough to call the police, and all the front desk could do was ask them to quiet down via the telephone. I asked for the manager to call me the next day, and she would not, nor would she answer my call when I called. I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. The furnishings are fine and the location is great, but the lack of sleep and respect/desire to help out completely deters me, or recommending anyone.

Room Tip: Room 108 has a paper thin ceiling.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeanne M, Manager at Sleep Inn at TD Convention Center, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Ms. Cleary,

Thank you for taking the time to place a review for our hotel. Our guests responses are very important to us.

We appreciate your kind comments on our staff's friendliness and helpful check in procedures. We do apologize that you had an issue regarding the noise level on that evening for a certain period of time.

Our hotel had many guests who attended the same concert as you did at the Bon Secour Center that evening. Our front desk agent did her best to monitor the noise level of the guests on the floor above you as they were preparing to go out for the evening. She did continue to do so throughout the night and did not hear any further out of the ordinary noise level after issuing a warning to them.

We do our best to accommodate all of our guests requests and concerns and hope to use this information to better meet your expectations. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Columbus, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We rented two rooms at this inn for me and my wife and another couple. After dinner,around 730pm, we all went to the same room to talk. After 5 or 10mins the lady at the front desk came to the room fussing because we were making to much noise, then she called again about 15 mins later. All we were doing is laughing. I walked down the hall and couldnt hear anyone from our room at all. I guess this lady was standing right outside our room. At 730 laughing shouldn't be enough to cause a problem. The room wasnt clean, not even for an inn. The one good thing is they had an average "motel breakfast."

Room Tip: If you must stay at this inn get as far away from the front desk as you can.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Columbus, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Rooms were newly and nicely decorated. Staff was friendly and the breakfast had a great selection. Hotel was centrally located to shopping and Furman. The tv had a large selection of channels. I would be glad to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Newnan, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This hotel is showing it's wear but it's still clean. The staff was polite but a little confused when my reservations were charged twice and needed correction. I will return to stay here but will check my bill closely for correction.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Sleep Inn at TD Convention Center? Share your experiences!