“Valentine's Day Visit” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Greenville - Haywood Mall

You added Extended Stay America - Greenville - Haywood Mall to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Greenville - Haywood Mall
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   530 Woods Lake Road, Greenville, SC 29607 (Formerly Studio Plus Deluxe Studios )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #37 of 61 Hotels in Greenville
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Valentine's Day Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I would like to take a minute and acknowledge two of your employees. I was confirmed to stay at your hotel on Friday, February 14th, in a studio room. When I arrived and checked in, I found the room to have an unusual smell and felt the room was not to my liking. Since I am a regular at your hotel, I found that the other rooms I have stayed in were much more appealing to the eye. I immediately called down to the front desk. Bridget was the front desk attendant who checked me in. I had found that once I checked in, her shift had ended, but she had not left the building yet. Once she heard what was happening she immediately came up to my room to ask what she can do to make my stay memorable. She then went back to the front desk and spoke with Chelsea. Bridget returned with good news that they had switched me into your model suite, room 207. When I walked into this room, I was in awe. I couldn't have asked for a better room on the most romantic night of the year. This trip was definitely a memorable one to say the least. Please take a moment and honor these two wonderful employees. It's people like them that make me come back to stay at your hotel. I think they should be awarded with a full day off with pay! lol

Thanks again Bridget, Chelsea and Extended Stay America - Haywood Mall for reminding me what you do best and that's good customer service.

Christine Tofolo
Charlotte, NC

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Greenville - Haywood Mall, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Christine - Thank you for your comments. It is so rewarding to read that you had a wonderful stay with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the service you received from our staff, especially Bridget and Chelsea. We're thrilled you had such a memorable Valentine's Day.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
sc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

We stayed at this hotel over the weekend and the front desk associate ,Ellis, that checked us in was absolutely great. He went above and beyond to accommodate our needs. We ran out of coffee in our room so he brought some to the room and was all around a super nice guy. Thanks Ellis!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am proud of our staff for providing you with excellent customer service and going above and beyond for you. We all truly enjoyed having you stay with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Feb. 12 I had a reservation for this hotel. Ordinarily check-in time is 3 pm but we had a severe snowstorm so I knew the roads would be un-drivable. Therefore I got here early. The manager Steve and his staff were very gracious and allowed me to check in a 10 am. My room was very clean and warm, the water in the shower was hot, the bed was cozy, and I had a nice window view of the beautiful snow. I have stayed here before and every time have found the rooms to be a great value. If you are visiting Greenville or just want a night or two out of the house, I give highest recommendations to Extended Stay America in Greenville.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view of the woods
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Greenville - Haywood Mall, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so pleased to hear that we were able to get you checked in early and out of the bad weather. I'm also very happy your room was clean and warm, and that you found the bed to be cozy. We look forward to having you stay with us the next time you're in town.
Greenville SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

This location is very close to Haywood mall and all the shops/restaurants that are on Haywood. The actual building is well lit, back doors require a card key to gain access, the front door is open till 9 or 10pm. The grounds appear to be well kept. The lobby is nice, clean and they have a nice staff at the desk which when I asked questions, they were helpful. The actual room was as you would expect from a extended stay - clean, not the most modern but it had a standard fridge, electric stove, microwave and a 4 cup coffeemaker. They also throw in a few plates/pots and silverware/glasses to use. The bathroom was clean, the shower could have had a little more flow but no one had complaints. The bed linens were clean as well. We stayed for one week while we moved into our permanent home. They have a dog walking area in the back as well as a small pool. BBQ/picnic area also. This location takes pets - call ahead for any restrictions on size. All in all, for a place that takes pets, its not a bad deal. Oh, one last item. The laundry room is OK but a bit pricey (2.00 a load wash or dry)...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Greenville - Haywood Mall, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. However, I apologize for the shower's water flow. We will look into improving the water pressure. We also try to remain competitive with our laundry room prices but I can do some research to see if the price needs to be adjusted.

Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised by the excellent service at this very inexpensive hotel. I got a call the night I checked in to see if there was anything they could do for me and the member of staff on duty kindly provided me with an apple. The next morning, I asked another member of staff to print a document for me and she was glad to do it. All this service was without charge. The rooms were clean and well suited to my needs and you won't get this kind of service in a 5* hotel!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Greenville - Haywood Mall, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were so pleased with our hotel and the customer service. We take great pride in striving to provide quality service for each of our guests.

Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Had a short stay planned, extended our stay for a month due to change in plans. Great value and good area of town! Felt safe coming and going to hotel. Local restaurants and shopping nearby! local mall almost across the street. Kitchens are nice and free breakfast!

• Stayed October 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Greenville - Haywood Mall, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. We take great pride in providing our guests with a "home away from home" experience. Also, we are glad you found our location convenient and our hotel a great value.

The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Jonesboro, Arkansas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I would like to say that I am not happy to stay at your hotel chain. I have never stayed at one of your hotels until our work brought us here.
I have worked in the hospitality profession for 20+ years and I must say that this hotel would be the worst that I have seen for the room, the service, and the professionalism in the hospitality field. My husband I was sent here because our employer put us in this location and this hotel for the work that he does. Need I mention that this is our second bout with this hotel by the way. We tried to get something different in a hotel stay this trip but the employer insisted. We were here during the winter last year and now back for the summer time to finish a contract that we started in November 2012.
The first stay:
1. We complained about the noise of other guest and our complaints went upon deaf ear since we just struggled with the noise and waited for the guest to leave.
2. We complained about the refrigerator leaking water to the point of us having to put a bowl in it to catch it so it would not fill the bottom and go into the floor and or sour in the plate under the refrigerator. After 2-3 days the maintenance man comes up and ask if we changed the temp and I said no and then he went on about how we shouldn't do that, (change the temp that we DID NOT DO)because that may have been the issue. All the while I have towels drying up the water that spilled under the thing from earlier.
3. We complained the front desk about roaches in our room and the response the we received was "What is wrong with that" EXCUSE ME???????
4. We were told at check in that if we needed anything allow them to know and they would be happy to help us out. I think that is not a true statement by their actions.
5. We were told on to many accounts that if we needed fresh linens come the front desk and they would be happy to give us more if we would bring the dirty ones done. We did and we were told almost 98% we have no clean ones we will call when we have some. Needless to say there were more times than not it would be about the time were turning for the night that the front desk would call and say "We have your towels". We turn in at 10PM.
6. If I didn't spray the room with cleaners and clean myself 2-3 times a week, because of the mold in the room is so bad, it wouldn't have gotten done. Housekeeping comes in an takes the trash replaces the liners, makes the bed, and if we are fortunate enough to be lucky enough that day we would receive new linens if they had them, NOTICE I did not say clean because there is more hair in them "CLEAN" than when I take my hair down from shower.
Our second stay:
1. We checked into our room and shortly after we heard noises above. We thought that they would die down but didn't. The next day the jumping and running, and the loud thumps were so bad that I would jump and I am not a jumpy person. I called to ask them to correct the problem and they said they would. It continued. Now the noise is so great that the light fixture would rattle. We put up with this for a week and a half all the while calling the front desk to get this resolved, sometimes as late as 11PM. After a week and half and telling them that we wanted corporate then and only then did they do something but we are the ones that ended up having to change rooms.
2. There was such a bad mold smell in the room we change to, after almost a month, we changed again.
3. The room we are in now had so many molds in the drain in the kitchen sink that we scrubbed it out. It was solid black with no chrome showing.
4. Blood on the bathroom door.
5. Cleaned the kitchen floor and the towel was black from the dirt.
6. There was a 9-10 inch section in the shower on the wall above the shower wall of mold there we cleaned off.
7. There have been too many people that have been arrested from here and the police are always here it seems.
8. Urine reeks in the rooms.
9. White chalky spots all over the couches.

I am not even putting everything down but this is a small list. I have not ever been so disgusted with the professionalism that the people that work here does not have I cannot believe that your company would have them employed. I would have been fired if I ran the front desk, laundry, and or the housekeeping in this fashion. I can say that I will not ever pay out of my pocket to stay at another ESA if it is up to me. The checklist must not be high standard qualifications for the services, employees, and cleanness of the room. YOUR HOTEL IS BELOW STANDARD!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Greenville - Haywood Mall, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Melissa - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The issues you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. Our hotel is going through a lot of changes and we are constantly striving to improve. I have met with my staff to go over your review and ensure these types of issues do not happen again.

Since you are still checked in, I invite you to contact me directly at ghm2@extendedstay.com or come by the front desk to discuss how we can make it right with your stay. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback.

Been to Extended Stay America - Greenville - Haywood Mall? Share your experiences!