“Clean with a side of Southern hospitality” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #40 of 62 hotels in Greenville
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Clean with a side of Southern hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here on a trip from Pittsburgh to Atlanta. Location is ideal--close enough to the major highways yet tucked away, so its quiet. The hospitality was great. LeeAnn the GM was very nice. She has her employees trained well. I asked for a simple thing--where to find a nearby running trail. Jeff, the night manager, tracked down a couple of options and slipped an info sheet under my door for the next morning. Maybe a simple task, but he treated it like a mission. As a result, I discovered the city of Greenville--something I probably wouldn't have discovered had he not gone out of his way for a simple task. I travel to Atlanta and Charleston a lot. I'm stopping here every time from now on. Not to mention the entire hotel is spotless, and has that new carpet smell everywhere. See you next time!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
LeanneRoof, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Greenville Haywood Mall, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to offer a review of TownePlace Suites, Greenville. Your kind comments are very much appreciated and I assure you I will make sure Jeff gets the pat on the back he deserves. As the General Manager, these comments give me a sense of pride that is passed down to my associates and gives them even more motivation to continue to work hard to give our guests the best experience possible. I am glad that you will be returning. Myself and my staff look forward to seeing you again!

Leanne Roof

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Greenwood, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Although we do not live far from this location, we didn't want to drive home on New Year's Eve night. I found this property which was located not only near the mall but near the party venue. We were able to check in early and have an afternoon of shopping. Being NYE, we needed to eat dinner but didn't want to venture out. Packing a dinner from home, the full kitchen was equipped for us to make our entire dinner, sit at the coffee table and dine, watching TV. Bed was a queen but comfortable, room darkening drapes kept the room dark into the morning hours. Bathroom was small but adequate. This property would definitely be ideal for longer stays in the area. Across the street from the Fluor complex, if working a job there you could walk over.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your great review! As a local, your opinion is incredibly valuable! I am so pleased that you chose to stay with us! We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Booked two rooms and both were clean and ready for us. Quiet and convenient location, not crammed into a "motel row". The housekeeping staff was friendly and helpful. Carol, who worked !the front desk is outstanding ! Thanks for making our stay in Greenville enjoyable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
LeanneRoof, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Greenville Haywood Mall, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We strive on a daily basis to give our guests service beyond their expectations. I will make sure Carol gets a much deserved pat on the back! Thanks so much for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future!!
Clemson, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

This hotel was well located and the 2 bedroom suite appropriate for our needs. Spacious and signature Marriott beds. Somewhat over priced given the brand and amenities, but met our needs.

• Stayed June 2012
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I stay at Marriott properties all the time. I have never encountered ruder employees in my experience of travel....specifically Ms. Clue. Zero customer service skills, does not know how to speak to a customer. Our reserved rate online was different upon checking into the hotel and she would not even consider adjusting it to what we reserved/confirmed it for!!! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

We arrived at the TowneSuites ready to crash having driven 3+ hours. We were greeted by the most wonderful service staff that I have EVER met. My companion had an applicable discount that he had forgotten and this wonderful lady worked overtime to make sure that we got the discount and that a 3 day stay cost us less than $100. If this is the way TownePlace employees behave you are lucky to stay there! Not to mention that the suite was clean, neat, and organized. We definitely tipped the wait staff accordingly. A MOST pleasurable stay and will defintely return.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here recently using my Marriott points for a free night. The Townplace Suites was a much lower cost (in points) than the other Marriott properties in the area. I was trawling with my wife and daughter to go visit the Clemson campus on Spring Break and this looked like a good choice.
The check in process was great, the employee friendly and helpful. We had reserved a one bed and fold out sofa room. I would NOT recommend this for a family unless you have very young kids. This was just not a comfortable sleeping situation for any of us that night. This particular room was better suited for a single person traveling on a extended stay in the area. So, choose wisely is the lesson here. In addition, the bathroom was rather small and difficult for a family to get ready to go in AM. If I were to stay in this area again with a family, I would definitely moveup to a nicer Marriott property and get two beds in a room.
Overall the room was clean, Internet was good,location was fine but not a happy stay for us. I don't really fault the property or Managment, but made a mistake booking this type of room for a quick family trip.

Stayed March 2012

Been to TownePlace Suites Greenville Haywood Mall? Share your experiences!