First, I'll start by saying that I do not recall ever staying at an embassy suites prior to this business trip that my husband had to attend. Secondly, please understand before I write this review that I'm a diva, therefore I'm extremely critical.
I will begin with the room- sadly, this establishment is very much frowned upon. It is beyond outdated. The rooms are spacious - ok that part is true - but the carpet and the furniture make for an extremely toxic, nauseating combination. The decor is so old, dark and obsolete it is impossible to tell if it's clean or just very shabby.
The bathroom was depressing. It was so tiny. The hollow paneled door of ugliness didn't help matters. The bedroom offered plenty of space and a bed that was very old and very lumpy. Ouch!!!
I did call the front desk to ask if I could upgrade the room and was comically told "there are no upgrades." Oh and even as outdated as it is, they do offer wi-fi - it isn't free though, for $9.95 you can pay to join their slow [--] network for 24 hours.
The lobby tries to offer some ambiance. I felt like I was in a giant bee hive as all the rooms are directly available by accessing the elevators here. They have a koi pond, with a few sections of splashy, flowing water but nothing spectacular. The silk/plastic plants they use to decorate the whole area, manage to maintain enough dust to choke a small cow. Replace that junk with real plants please!
They do offer a continental breakfast that seemed to please everyone. It offered a bit more than your standard breakfast items, which was good if "free food" impresses you. During it however, the staff proceeded to set up a Christmas scene right in the middle of the eating area which was kind of annoying. Apparently they were having a brunch that day that included Santa.
As I end this review I'll add this - I noticed there was a golf course directly on the property as their name states, so maybe that is the main focus for the property. Another point- I didn't see any other places to stay in the immediate area.
Maybe I'm too harsh, but if you stay here, may the force be with you.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Hotel Greenville Golf Resort And Conference Ctr
- Embassy Suites Greenville
- Greenville Embassy Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Greenville, SC, Embassy Suites Greenville Golf Resort & Conference Center offers all-suite comfort and beautiful surroundings. We're minutes from downtown Greenville, Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport and Clemson University. If you're looking for hotels in Greenville, SC, this South Carolina resort offers a par-72 championship golf course. The Preserve at Verdae surrounds the hotel and is perfect for a friendly game with friends or colleagues.Relax on a luxurious bed in one of 268 suites at this full-service hotel in Greenville, SC, or allow guests to stay on the sofa bed. Prepare a delicious meal or snack using the microwave and refrigerator. Enjoy an invigorating workout in the fitness center, have a relaxing swim in the indoor or outdoor hotel swimming pools, or play a few sets on one of four lighted tennis courts at one of the best resort destinations of all hotels in Greenville, SC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Embassy Suites Hotel Greenville Golf Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.