“Downtown Run 5K!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Greenville

You added Hyatt Place Greenville to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Greenville
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 West Orchard Park Drive, Greenville, SC 29615 (Formerly AmeriSuites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #26 of 61 Hotels in Greenville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Concord, NC
“Downtown Run 5K!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2009

My husband and I were staying in Greenville for the downtown run. We wouldn't have been able to get into town early enough to pick up our race packets in time. I called the hotel, spoke with the manager on duty that evening and he said he could pick these up for us and have them at the Front Desk for checkin! What a relief and a big favor he was doing for us. The rooms were like little suites or efficiencies! Plenty of room to spread out! My husband and I were very impressed. My husband is in the Marines and we travel often, this place blew us away...we're spoiled now. The cafe in the lobby had a good selection and the continental breakfast in the morning was great too! Over all our experience was amazing before we even arrived clear up until the moment we left!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
mt. pleasant, sc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2008

We needed a hotel for the night and ended up at the Hyatt Place in Greenville. We booked it on Expedia for $80 a night (plus tax/fees for a total of about $96).

The lobby was nice, check-in was efficient and our room looked exactly like the pictues posted on the internet.

The room was spacious, with a sitting area with a desk and bar and a somewhat separate sleeping area with two double beds. Frankly, we weren't in our room for very long - we checked in late-afternoon and out early morning. The flat panel TV was huge and visable in both parts of the room (the TV was on a swivel arm type mechanism which allowed viewing from both parts of the room). It had a really good picture, too.

My husband was impressed with the free wi-fi and the hdmi hookups.

The bathroom left a little to be desired - only because the separate shower/toilet area was tiny. But the vanity was plenty big.

The beds were not terribly comfortable. They were neither the most comfortable (Wilderness Lodge, LBV Florida) or the least comfortable (La Quinta, Anderson, SC) I've ever had in a hotel. But at least the mattresses were firm. Queen beds would have been nicer. The pillows were not great either - really puffy and squashy. But again, it wasn't the worst bed I've slept in...not by a MILE!

Our main complaint was a recurring noise...we wondered if we were near the laundry area as there was a whirring noise cycling on and off. It was just loud enough to make GETTING to sleep a little difficult, but not so loud it kept us up once we got to sleep.

The complementary breakfast was better than most complementary breakfasts I've had. The Starbucks coffee was quite good and really hit the spot. There were plenty of choices. I can't complain about it at all. The prices for the other food options were too high, I thought. Most breakfast options, including a breakfast sandwich, were $7.00.

So - overall, it was a fine place to spend the night. If I needed a hotel in Greenville again, I'd definitely consider this one - especially for the price.

• Liked — attractively decorated
  • Disliked — beds not that comfortable
  • Stayed November 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2008

We checked in on Oct. 31, '08. We are from Orlando, Fl. Were visiting my sister and her family. The front desk staff was friendly. The hotel and the room was very beautiful. The TV was good and the free wireless internet really helped me out in doing my college homework. They do not change the linens and towels daily,unless you request it, ( going green), otherwise, they change them every 2 days. The living/guest room next to the sleeping area was clever. I like that. When my sister came up to the room, we were happy that she sat in the guest area and not on our bed,smiles. The continential breakfast was very good. If you want hot breakfast like eggs and grits, you have to pay for it. The breakfast only had coffe, tea, juice, milk, cereal, fruit, toast, bagel, jelly,syrup, peanut butter. They have plenty of restaurants on the outside. We went to Fuddruckers and other restaurants. We stayed for 2 days. We enjoyed our stay and would stay here again. It was very cold and the heater/air conditioner ran great. We were able to bring real plates and bowls up to our room to finish from the breakfast. The little refrig. was very convenient to keep small things in or left over foods and juice or water. We felt very secure. We came in after 12 midnight and was pleased that we could not get in. The doors were locked and we had to wait for someone to come and open the door and tell us the procedures to get in the next time we stay out late,smiles. Nice people. They also have a visiting or guest area downstairs in the lobby if you don't want to take anyone up to your rooms.LB.

• Liked — The small refrigerator and the continential breakfast.
  • Disliked — No shower caps, no hot grits on the continential breakfast.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2008

This place was absolutely gorgeous. The reception was open and beautiful, with modern, appealing decorations, and the people at the desk were very friendly, assisting me in locating the elevators after I checked in through the automatic kiosk.

My room was amazing - sitting area with 47" LG flat screen, kitchenette area with sink and mini fridge, desk, free wireless, marble bathroom counter top, queen bed. I never wanted to leave, and if there had been room service, I probably wouldn't have.

• Liked — room design and quality for price
  • Disliked — nothing.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2008

I am a travel agent and this was my 1st time staying at a Hyatt Place, and I was extremely impressed!!! My family and I stayed at the Hyatt Place while we were in Greenville, SC visiting family. The hotel has been completely remodeled in a very contemporary decor, which I happen to love!! The rooms, as said in a previous review, are exactly as you see in the picture on the Hyatt Place website (we were actually told that they spent around $30,000 on remodeling each room) - they were amazing. Actually...the whole hotel was 100% exactly as you see online! I love having a seperate "living room" and "bedroom", which happened to have an amazingly large tv that you could watch in either room. The Hyatt Place staff were all very accomodating and went above and beyond with friendliness. The complimentary breakfast was very good as well - they had fresh fruit, yogurt, cereals, English muffins, bagels, toast, and Starbucks Coffee. They also have an area in the lobby where you can order food that is additional - some of the items were pricey, but they do have a reasonably priced delicious hot chocolate. This hotel also happens to be in a wonderful location - close to everything! I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone and to all of my travel clients, and I will definitely be staying there are my next visit!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Greenville, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2008

This property just got a MAJOR renovation in March 2008, after changing over to Hyatt Place (used to be an Amerisuites). With the renovation now done, this hotel is absolutely gorgeous. (No, I don't work there, but I'm an executive assistant who has toured it as a potential place to put our corporate guests). Give it a try, you will not be sorry.

Stayed April 2008
South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2008

This hotel has it right! It's one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. It's in a great location between Pelham and Haywood Roads close to everything - restaurants, the Haywood Mall, I-385. The front desk staff were so nice and helpful both the day we checked in and the day we left. They gave us our preference of a front high floor room with a beautiful view of the city lights. The back of the property faces an auto shop and store buildings. I was most pleased with the fact that the room appeared exactly as it did in the online ads; it wasn't some photo taken years ago when the property was built or renovated. The room was very clean and smelled nice. The bed was big and the linens nice, the couch was comfy and the dressing area had plenty of space and storage. Nice touches were the modern but homey decor, the partially seperated sleeping area and of course the huge flat screen TV was my husband's favorite. The room also had a seperate wet bar with coffee maker, sink and mini-fridge, a desk with comfy chair and efficient lighting.

The lobby was set up lounge style with a computer room, TVs, nooks, booths and tables. Individual food and beverage items were available for purchase in lieu of vending and although quite pricey ($2.50 for a bottle of Coke) were convenient if you didn't want to drive somewhere. Breakfast was fairly typical continental style - bagels, toast, cereal, yogurt, coffee, juices, etc. That suits me fine but if you're looking for something of a little more substance plan on heading out in the morning. Though it was too cool for the outdoor pool it did appear clean and in good repair. There's plenty of parking in the front and rear of the building.

This hotel has the perfect balance of service and casual atmosphere that I like. There's no bellhop or valet to worry with but the staff is very courteous and the interior pleasant. I would certainly recommend staying here to anyone looking for a nice clean casual place. We're booking another stay for June 2008.

• Liked — View, TV, cleanliness
  • Disliked — Concessions a bit pricey
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hyatt Place Greenville? Share your experiences!