“Good place with nice breakfast...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Greenville

You added Hyatt Place Greenville to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Greenville
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 West Orchard Park Drive, Greenville, SC 29615 (Formerly AmeriSuites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #25 of 62 Hotels in Greenville
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
“Good place with nice breakfast...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Good place to stay, convenient to downtown. Nice hot full breakfast each AM.

Our night we stayed on 1st flood in a large suite.... all was good until about 2AM... then a female yelling and glass smashing woke us. Not sure what all the commotion and drama was about, but the staff the next AM had no clue (or hid it well).

Likely to stay again, as room is nice and food is good. WiFi in room is adequate, but the free-computers at the business station were too slow to surf the net. Frustrated both times I attempted them.

Room Tip: Opt for 2nd floor or higher... lobby can be noisy especially if there are events/ weddings or just a...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Unfortunately my recent stay with the Hyatt Place in Greenville, SC was less than satisfactory. Upon check-in I informed the front desk agent that I need to pay cash for the room, as I did not have enough money in my account to cover it. She said it was fine to do that, but she would need to run my credit card "just to have the card on file". She assured me no hold would be placed on my funds. I told her if she needed a deposit for incidentals I would make that in cash as well, as
I really did not have money in my account. She said this was unnecessary and re-assured me once again that nothing would be charged to my card, and no holds would be places. Unfortunately after checking my bank statement the next day, not only had a hold been placed for incidentals I had actually been charged another 140 dollars. Basically the rate for the entire stay had been placed on my card despite having already paid for it in cash. This caused a bounced check charge and cost me 100 dollars that I had to pay to my bank. So thanks to the incompetence of the staff, I paid 240.00 for a one night stay. Had I not verified multiple time that a hold wouldn't be placed on my card I would accept the blame for this, but I asked several times to make sure. This should never happen. I was planning to return to the hyatt place in Greenville this coming week, but given my last experience I believe I will stay elsewhere so this does not happen again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Morehead City, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Enjoyed two nights in a very comfortable room. Room size and layout comfortable for two adults. Breakfast was actually very tasty and fresh. Was a very nice surprise. Easy in and out! Will be on lookout for this type of hotel in future travels.

Stayed April 2014
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Our first time staying at a Hyatt Place - we loved the larger room layout with large sectional sofa, separate kitchenette, office area, and bedroom. The closet was a bit small, but as an Interior Designer it struck me as one of the best hotel room layouts I had been in - a lot of bang for the buck. Quick internet, hot breakfast, comfortable bed, and good location.

Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We spent a night in a corner room with wall-to-wall windows on the top floor overlooking Main street; what a terrific view to be combined with the terrific hotel location. Everything we could need was just outside the door; plenty of interesting restaurants and shopping. Everything inside the hotel was up to the Hyatt standards; clean, comfortable, and quiet. The fitness center was particularly well quipped with almost a dozen machines.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Most times that we need a hotel in Greenville we select the Hyatt Place. The location is convenient to the downtown area and the highways. The rooms are the normal roomy and comfortable Hyatt Place rooms and the property is clean with helpful staff

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

The usual Hyatt Place experience . nothing to get overly excited about or to complain about .
I do wish they would eventually change the breakfast options as the food choices have been the same for quite along time ...years
Unfortunately the hotel location l is not near scenic Greenville so pretty much isolated from Greenville,
It great value for the money but pretty much isolated as far as being able to walk to anything of interest.

Room Tip: all of the rooms are the same
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Greenville? Share your experiences!