“Room was clean and comfortable. Small refrigerator and...” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #14 of 62 hotels in Greenville
Winthrop Harbor
“Room was clean and comfortable. Small refrigerator and...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Room was clean and comfortable. Small refrigerator and microwave was nice. Breakfeast was better than most hotels. Business center could be setup better. Scan feature was not working and the staff could not get the fax to work either.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

WingateGreenvilleSC, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Greenville Airport, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for letting me now about the issues you encountered in the Business Center! I will make sure that they are addressed! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. Wingate By Wyndham, as a Brand, provides mini refrigerators, microwaves, and single serve coffee makers in all rooms!!!

321 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Charleston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Pros Breakfast was great
Cons: Staff was rude- staff was on personal calls all three times that I went to front desk for checkin/request, ignored request, room temperature was cold, requested an additional comforter multiple times and request was ignored, finally went to a store and purchased a small heater, tv remote intermittently worked, overall a horrible experience. I will recommend my colleagues go to Hampton Inn, Hilton Gardin Inn or Holiday Inn Express instead of Wingate/Wyndham

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

WingateGreenvilleSC, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Greenville Airport, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Renee, I am sorry that you had so many issues with your recent stay at the hotel. We pride ourselves on our Quality Assurance Scores and the fact that you were treated rudely at the front desk will not be tolerated and will be addressed. I thank you for brining it to our attention. Also, I am sorry that you felt the room was too cold and that you had to go by a small heater for the room, I did have our Maintenance Engineer go check the unit just to make sure that it was working properly. I want to assure you that this is not common in our hotel and hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you on another trip to Greenville, SC.
Greensboro
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The perks made up for the shortcomings. Loved the Otis Spunkmeyer cookies! Appreciated the lemonade. Having snacks available was really nice. My boyfriend had the complimentary breakfasts and enjoyed himself. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The room had FAR too much furniture and was laid out in a way that you were always bumping into it! The clean towels had hairs in them, so I didn't use some of them. The sprinkler head was falling out of the ceiling, should be fixed. And the shower curtain does not cover the showertub so water is ALL over the bathroom floor. BUT the beds are comfortable and I slept well. Enjoyed the personal coffee/teamaker in the room.

Laura,

I am glad that you enjoyed the welcome amenities that greet our guests upon arrival at the hotel of lemonade and cookies and that you both slept well! I wish that you had informed someone about your towels, this, I can honestly say, has never happened and our high Quality Assurance Housekeeping Scores are indicative of that fact. They would have been changed immediately!! Also, the sprinkler head would have been fixed and the shower curtain replace, apparantly, the magnets on the shower curtain may be worn out if it did not close properly. Overall, I am glad that you had a pleasant stay and hope to see you again on your return trip to Greenville!
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This hotel is fine for the stay before an early departure or after a late arrival. It just leaves you thinking it could be better. The rooms are large with room to spread out. However, the layout could be better. The sitting area is very large, but the king bed has to be jammed close to the wall on one side because of a small decorative wall on the other side of the bed. And, the bathroom is too small given the overall square footage of the room. If more space were devoted to the bathroom and area around the bed, it would be better. Also, the pillows were among the worst I've encountered in a mid-class hotel. Finally, the breakfast was pretty much gone 45 minutes before it closed. To be fair, a college team was in the hotel, and they likely picked it clean. With that said, the hotel should have anticipated this.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
I must say that this is the first review that talks about the layout of our rooms! Unfortunately, we cannot do anything about the size of the bathrooms. On your next visit, perhaps you would be more comfortable in a room without the decorative wall, you may like the layout a little better. I also wanted to let you know that the pillows are being swapped for larger WynRest pillows. Our breakfast closes at 9:00 am and we did leave it out until 9:30 so to accommodate the team that was staying in the hotel. Thank you for letting me know that it was practically picked clean 45 minutes before close, because that would make it around 8:15 am and that is not acceptable and we will speak with the Breakfast Hostess regarding this! Hope to see you again on your next trip to Greenville, SC!
Walhalla, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We booked here due to it's being close to my surgery location. However, the Hotels.com site showed some different pictures than what the room actually was. Basically I was expecting a couch, dining table, etc but just got a chair and desk. It was a small error of picture placement on the site. I was very impressed with the way the staff handled me, especially when they were booked to the max. I called Hotels.com and the lady quickly called the hotel, and in a short time the problem was corrected and we were given a discounted rate. The suites are above average size but were not the separated sitting areas. This hotel is a very clean comfy place to stay and was very nice to return to for peace and quiet. Breakfast was average and good for type of hotel, and staff was eager to please. Several big chain restaurants right in same parking lot. We have stayed at Wyndham properties before and have never had any issues with cleanliness or rude staff. I appreciate all that was done to make my stay comfy. I felt like I got above what I payed for here. Thanks so much!!

Room Tip: Rooms near the outside of building are quieter since ice machines and lobby noise are in the center...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
WingateGreenvilleSC, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Greenville Airport, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Sean, I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we could provide a nice restful place for you to relax! We are diligently working with sites such as Hotels.com, to make sure that the pictures are loaded correctly so this doesn't happen again. I am glad that you found your room comfortable, as we pride ourselves on our Guest Satisfaction, and your comment was correct, we have over 12 restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. I hope that if you have travel needs in Greenville, that you will think of us and visit once again!

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Greenville Airport? Share your experiences!