“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 61 Hotels in Greenville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Clean rooms with space and suitable for the business traveller. Pillow are too stiff, but that is just my personal choice. Lots of restaurants close by. The interstate may cause some noise, so just try to get a room away from the interstate. Breakfast is very good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
WingateGreenvilleSC, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Greenville Airport, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Michael, I am so glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us recently. Our Housekeeping Staff takes great pride in the cleanliness of our rooms and it is evident by our Quality Assurance and Guest Satisfaction Scores. I am glad that you were able to enjoy one of the 11 restaurants that are within walking distance of the hotel and that you were also able to take advantage of our expanded hot continental breakfast! We look forward to you visiting with us again on your return trip to Greenville, SC!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Front desk help is the pits~!!! Room is nice and clean, spacious, and a great value for the money. Toilet in the room was stopped up and requested for a person plunge the toilet because we had been on the road for 7 hours. The gentleman at the desk told me he would be right up . An hour later I called the front desk and ask where the fellow was that was to plunge the toilet and the lady said she sent him on an airport run and when I said it had been an hour she was rude and said " I told you he would take care of it. Another hour later I went to front desk and both people were there on the phones. I waited until the lady was off and reminded her of my toilet and she raised her voice and said "I told you we would take care of it". I said it has been 2 hours and either fix it or give me a new room. She said louder "I told you we would fix it we are busy" I said either fix it or give me another goddam room. She told me I could not talk to her that way and I said I was a customer and she obviously had an attitude problem. All that need to be said was I am sorry we did not take care of it and we will do that right away and their would not have been a problem. Need to clean house of bad attitude people and it would have been a very good stay.

Room Tip: Every thing good except front desk---wish I had just ignored the attitude problem.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
WingateGreenvilleSC, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Greenville Airport, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Harold, First, let me apologize for the poor customer service that you received and that your issue was not taken care of in a timely manner. I understand that you did speak with our General Manager the following morning and that you received a Complimentary Night because of the inconvenience. The Front Desk Associate has been coached on the appropriate way to handle these types of situations.and we do hope that we will have an opportunity to have you stay with us again since other than this incident, you enjoyed the rest of your time with us!
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This stay was a great value. We stayed here as employees of Loram Maintenance of Way. The staff was excellent!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay recently at the Wingate By Wyndham in Greenville, SC. We pride ourselves on our Guest Serviice Scores and the staff takes great pride in providing exempliary service to our guests! We hope that you will visit with us again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Very nice king suite. Large and very clean. Staff was more than nice and went out of their way to make sure we had extra towels and pillows $75 with government ID on their own web site (less than travel sites). Breakfast was usual hotel food and was Ok. Overall Very Pleased!

• Stayed November 2012
Hello and thank you for staying with us at the Wingate By Wyndham in Greenville SC. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and you are correct, the Government Rate offered at the hotel is less than the Per Diem because we truly value the service of our military and government workers and wanted to add an additional discount to say thank you for all you do on the state and federal levels. I hope we will have the opportunity to have you stay with us again!

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Greenville Airport? Share your experiences!