“Quite a Nice Hotel and a Great Value” 5 of 5 stars

Wingate by Wyndham Greenville Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   33 Beacon Drive, Greenville, SC 29615   |
Ranked #14 of 62 Hotels in Greenville
Grayson, Georgia
“Quite a Nice Hotel and a Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We were driving home from Pennsylvania after dropping off our daughter for her sophomore year in college and just couldn't keep going the last two hours to make it all the way back to Atlanta. My wife and I looked in one of the Travel Coupon books and found that the Wingate by Wyndham had a great deal for Sunday through Thursday walk-up clients. We called the hotel ahead of time and were told they had room, but we'd have to be walk-ups to get the great deal. When we arrived the folks at the front desk were quite pleasant. They assigned us a room and were kind enough to ask us for our preferred floor, not just assign us a room. The price for the travel coupon special was really good -- what I'd expect to pay for a 2 star rather than a 3-4 star property.

The room itself was quite nice with a large desk for computers, a fridge and plenty of surfaces for suitcases. We were in a two-queen room and the beds were really comfortable, if a bit soft. As usual for this level of hotel, there were too many pillows, but we tossed the extras on the other bed and had a very pleasant night's sleep. In the morning, the water pressure in the shower was excellent and the complimentary breakfast buffet was very good.

All in all, this was a nice hotel at a great price. It's a bit hard to get to -- not far from the exit but lots of twists and turns on side roads -- and is right up against I-85, but we were not bothered by road noise because the front desk had given us a room on the back side of the hotel.

Room Tip: Be sure to check one of the Travel Coupon books for good walk-up prices on Sunday-Thursday.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
WingateGreenvilleSC, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Greenville Airport, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Hello and Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the hotel! I see that you discovered the "secret" of the travel coupon books! I am glad that you and your wife enjoyed your visit with us and if you ever need hotel accommodations in Greenville that you will look to us first!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Central Coast, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Without going into details, our visit was a nightmare. A few good things about the property are the location and the rooms. If only the manager had a handle on what was going on...
Seven nights in a row something went wrong starting with the first night being given keys to other guest's rooms! We were on a trip, my wife, myself and my 84 year old mom who needed an accessible room. After unlocking a door to someone else's room at 1am during check-in, my mom had to spend the night in a room which was flooded from a faulty AC unit. Not much better the following two nights. My wife's and my room didn't get serviced two times. They ran a loud carpet cleaner in the hallway right outside our door Sunday morning at 8:30...the list goes on and on.
It was our perception the general manager and staff didn't really have any idea who was in which room. While the front desk staff tried to be friendly and help, they just didn't have the skills or supervision to be effective. All this and I never got a sincere apology from the general manager nor offer of appropriate compensation. I just got through working with Wyndham (Wingates are franchises...be careful) who advocated for us and received some consolation.
Good luck!

Room Tip: Be sure if you travel during the summer, you go to the room first to check for musty, damp smells or...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I am sorry that you did not feel that the hotel handled your concerns in an agreeable manner as we do pride ourselves on great customer service. As you can see by the other reviews, yours was not the normal operating practice here at the Wingate and for that I do apologize.
Boulder, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed here one night before flying out of Greenville (GSP). The hotel was very nice and within reasonable walking distance to many restaurant choices. Convenient also to the highway for a short drive to the airport (or use the hotel shuttle).

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Hotel. We look forward to seeing you again!!
M
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I stayed here for 20 days due to a business trip. I really enjoyed the friendly atmosphere and the kindness and excellence of the staff. I residued in room 202 and encountered no problems. Everything looked and was clean and tidy. The rooms are incredibly spacious und are stuffed with everything I needed. Breakfast is a good warm breakfast, with a nice choice of different things. Free fruits and sometimes cookies included.

Little downturn was the fitness room, where 1 treadmill was broken and the training tools weren't the lastest ones with some functions not working. But other than that the fitness room was tidy and clean, towels were renewed continously.

I will definitivly stay here again during my next business trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
WingateGreenvilleSC, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Greenville Airport, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! I did want to let you know that in addition to the fitness center that we have on site, you, as a hotel guest, also have a complimentary pass to a local gym which we would be happy to shuttle you to upon your next visit!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!
rock hill, sc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Excellent choice for money and cleanliness. Family of 4 stayed for quick getaway and to shop at Haywood Mall and surrounding. Front staff exceptional nice and went out of the way to make our stay pleasant. Great location for restaurants and anything else you may need. Beds were super firm causing us to sleep as late as possible. OMG the breakfast was awesome. Plenty to choose from and of great substance. Look forward to joining the rewards program to stay at other properties.

Room Tip: Easy to find and safe environment
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I am so glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Greenville, SC!!
virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

We just left this hotel. Traveling with spouse and 2 children. We were given room 229. Upon entering the room you could smell the musty moldy smell. My youngest walked bare foot and stated the carpet is wet. Sure enough the carpet as well as beds were moist. We asked for another room and was provided with the room next door. Huge difference. Still a little dampness. Enough for our one night stay. The curtains would not shut completely if you desire no sunlight early morning. There is a sheer that shuts completely but that's it. More than likely would not stay here again. The complimentary drinks, fruit and cookies were a nice touch. We chose not to eat breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Wingate By Wyndham. I am sorry that you encountered issues in your room and wanted to let you know that your feedback is appreciated and will help us to improve!

I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to host you as our guests the next time you travel to Greenville, SC!
Germantown, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here multiple times on business. The rooms are comfortable and clean. Flat screen televisions and my room had a microwave and fridge. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Nice gym as well along with airport shuttle. The hotel is about 8 minutes from GSP airport. There are also plenty of restaurants within walking distance. All around great stay and I will be returning.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond about your experience at the hotel. We value our repeat guests and welcome you as part of the family!

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Greenville, SC!

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Greenville Airport? Share your experiences!