“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 62 Hotels in Greenville
Chewelah, Washington
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Our stay started off on the wrong foot but was quickly turned around. Before leaving home I called to check on my reservation. I was told the hotel no longer offers shuttle service from the airport (one main reason I chose the hotel) but they would arrange for a taxi to bring me to the hotel since I booked my room before the shuttle was canceled. Upon arriving at the airport, late at night, the taxi service wanted payment. I told them the hotel said they would pay for it which led to a phone call, etc. It took way to long. Then upon arriving at the hotel, the front desk clerk wanted to know who I talked to that said they would cover the cost. I did not have a name and just wanted to go to bed. It was not a good way to start the eleven day stay.

The hotel is a nice place to stay. The top floor is half smoking and half non-smoking. I chose to stay on the top floor as to avoid noise from above. The smell of smoke is in all the hallways, but it did not find its way into the non-smoking rooms.

The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to help us, take pictures for us, and take us back to the airport without any further questions.

The breakfast consisted of a big pot of oatmeal each morning along with fresh fruit, yogurt, pastries, etc. Very good.

The pool was adequate and the rooms and hotel was clean. If I could change one thing I would put a password on the wifi - just a little more secure.

Very nice service for the price.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
ASHEVILLE NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Last week was my first time staying at this hotel - our company just recently switched their corporate account to Mainstay Suites and my reservation was booked here. I must admit, I'm very happy with the change!! I'm often in town several nights a month and this place feels more like home than any other hotel has ever felt. You get a lot of space for the money and even have a full kitchen and kitchen supplies. More like a small apartment! Looking forward to many more visits. They told me they are getting ready to make some improvements and renovations and can't wait to see what they do!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Boone, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

We spent a week here, partly for my husbands work and partly for a mini vacation. It's a great setup for families with a kitchen and extra seating room. We enjoyed the pool and sitting area a lot while my husband was at work. We made a few meals in the room and went to some of the suggested restaurants. We'd love to stay here again if we return!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Boone
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I always stay with Choice Hotels but this was my first time trying out a Mainstay Suites and I loved it!! You get so much more for the money than just a room and a bed.... You have a full kitchen, a sofa a table/desk and more!! I will definitely be back to this hotel. It's perfect to spread out and get your work done - it would also be a great place to bring my family because of the space and kitchen. The staff was incredibly friendly and I really enjoyed the pool area even though I was there for work!! Thanks for an excellent trip!!

Room Tip: Pool side rooms provide a nice view - which is what I had!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I stay at this hotel about once a month for a week while on business. The hotel is set up perfectly with a full kitchen so I don't have to eat out all the time. Traveling as much as I do, I don't like to always have to eat out. So I just cook and eat most meals in my room which is perfect. There's plenty of space for me to spread out to do my work. I prefer the suite with the separate bedroom - it gives a nice separation within the suite and it has it's own TV as well. The staff is always so friendly and helpful - it's like my home away from home!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the mountains. Some of the rooms on the upper floors have nice views of the mo...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Roswell, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Stayed here over the weekend for a lacrosse tournament. Was a perfect setup for what we needed. We had a one bedroom suite. It was convenient to have a refrigerator and ice maker. The kitchen facilities were clean and complete but we didn't need to use. The only complaint was that the pullout sofa mattress was a little thin for my six foot tall 15 year old but it worked. One thing to be aware of is that this is an extended stay facility and only has housekeeping one day a week unless you request it. They will do a light service which includes making beds, cleaning trash, etc, but this service is only available Monday-Friday so we couldn't take advantage of it.
I think one review complained about the continental breakfast but I thought for the money it was more than adequate. There was hot oatmeal, cereal, pastries and fruit. And if that is not enough for you, Dunkin Doughnuts, Waffle House, McDonalds, and Starbucks are less than a mile away.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale,Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

We had a graduation to attend, and wanted to bring our 10 pound dog with us...wasnt sure what to expect in a " pet friendly" hotel, ( smells? Stains? ) but booked one night. Check in was smooth, and the lady even suggested we park on the side, near our room, and tried to secure a first floor room, but they were full. The room was clean, had a micro, refrigerator, sink, and desk/ counter. Rules for dogs were spelled out, and fair. Ten dollars extra to have our little guy with us was wonderful, as Hilton had quoted us a $100 charge for being " pet friendly"! Definately not a luxury resort, but clean, comfortable, and pet friendly. Would stay there again!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to MainStay Suites Greenville Airport? Share your experiences!