“Good for a overnight stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

You added Rodeway Inn to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   600 Church Street, Georgetown, SC 29440 (Formerly Harbor Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Georgetown
“Good for a overnight stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

From the outside it looks pretty dumpy but the room was fairly decent and the staff at the front desk was nice. Suprisingly every room was occupied but I would recommend you stay elsewhere in town for the same price.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Pacific Ocean
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

From the map, I had thought we might be able to explore some of the old town, but it just seemed unsafe to even leave the room.

The place is run down, the rooms not very clean, the bed uncomfortable.

It's cheap, I will say that, but I wouldn't stop in Georgetown again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Norfolk, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

I would not recommend this place to the rats. I came here for my cousin wedding. We checkin and the TV didnt work they changed rooms. My husband came later got a room for us and the chain was off on the toilet which he fixed. The very nasty (being nice) called and said my kids were making to much noise they are 26&19 really. They said someone complained they only had maybe 5people checkin. The toilet ran over and the manager didnt bother to come see what the problem was. He said if you want 100% service we shouldve checkin another hotel. We should treat the bathroom like its our house. Nasty nasty nasty. I was born here and most of my family are still here. I would never come back to this dump and especially pay for 3 nights in advance. Customer service sucks and the manager/owner.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

Only stayed one night at the hotel, but for the price I couldn't have asked for better. We would be staying here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

We stayed for July4th weekand and the stay was very pleasant. The employees were very nice and the room was very clean. The location of the hotel was very conveniant, right between the historic area of the town and the main highway. I'll probably come back again when i go through this area in the future!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Fort Myers, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

It was the most horrible motel visit I've ever had! The stench from the bathroom was disgusting, something leaking in the back of the toilet and down the commode bowl. I was so totally exhausted from driving 12 hours that I thought I would be able to go sleep and get used to the smell. I did fall asleep for a couple of hours but it woke me up at 3am it was so bad. It got worse instead of better! I couldn't go back to sleep as much as I tried. So I just left.

I complained about it to the manager on duty when I left at 7am this morning. She acted like she had never heard of such a thing. I was angry, but treated her with respect, just telling her how awful the experience was and now I had to get back out on the road very tired.

NOW, I've had to stop much earlier than planned to get some sleep! I was allowed to check in early to another hotel in NC.

If I had only driven just a couple of blocks further I could have stayed at a decent place! Oh yeah, and there was no continental breakfast as advertised. I took pictures with my cell phone of the disgusting toilet and will report to the local health officials!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Monroe, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

My family and I came to Georgetown to attend a wedding. We got the shock of our lives!
Room was terrible, unnecessary questions asked of us, and the beds were horrible! My mother who is disabled and myself almost fell going into the bathroom because there was no warning that you had to step up to go in the bathroom. The actual warning was posted inside the bathroom, not on the door where it should have been. We asked the housekeeper for more towels and she sent us stained towels. And thank God we were dressed , because the maintenance man used his key and just walked in to fix a shower head that was broken. We didn't know it was broken !!!!!! I would not suggest this hotel to my worst enemy!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!