“Exceptional Food in Georgetown” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
“Exceptional Food in Georgetown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Alfresco Bistro has amazing food and excellent service in tiny Georgetown. It is worth a ride from Myrtle Beach if you are looking for a delicious dinner. I had Grouper and my husband had chicken. Our friends had salmon and veal. We all agreed this was the best dinner we have had in a long time. Space is small but they have an outdoor patio and it is all always full. Only problem is indoors is very loud. Make reservations before you go!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Roanoke, Virginia
“Food - 5 Service - 1”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

I have eaten here in the past and we ate here two days in a row here in May. I do not make a habit of posting negative reviews but the service was so slow and bad I just could not help myself. I don't know if it was just the waitress we had or what but fortunately we were not in any hurry. She would disappear until we had to get up and run someone down to refill our water and tea. I don't think any of them are trained very well because other waiters would just pass our table and not react to the fact that our drinks were out. They need to make their drink glasses larger if the service remains this slow.

No question that I will come back here for the food but I hope they see this and work on the service.

Visited May 2014
charlotte
“Gem in Georgetown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

We have eaten in every restaurant in town and this was our first visit to our new favorite spot. Food, service and ambiance were great. Highly recommend.

Cirencester, United Kingdom
“Outside dining, Italiano”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

We were visiting this area for a couple of days this week. Boy was it hot!!! Anyway we went downtown Georgetown at about 8.00 pm with Sam the dog, looking for dinner. We saw this very nice bistro, with tables outside , covered with sparkling white table cloths, always a good sign. We asked whether we could bring the dog along if we sat outside. 'sure I will bring him some water' was the reply.
Great! We ordered a nice bottle of Chardonnay and then had a tasty starter of salmon tacos, I had a gorgeous smoked salmon salad, then we both had the special of the day, flounder with creamy sauce, tagliatelli and asparagus. It was very good, fresh fish, well cooked. We shared the dessert of pound cake, maple syrup topped and baked, with ice cream.
It was a lovely warm evening, we sang along to the Frank Sinatra music and had a very good evening.
If you are in the interesting historic town of Georgetown, I recommend Al Fresco for dinner.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Connecticut
“Tooooo Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

This was one of the best recommendations we could have gotton on our visit. Everything was cooked to perfection and the service was great, courteous and helpful. We sat outside and we had a perfect day. Couldn't ask for a better lunch or atmosphere.

• Visited April 2014