“furnishings/room interior were average, worn.... exterior...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Georgetown/Near Georgetown Marina

You added Baymont Inn & Suites Georgetown/Near Georgetown Marina to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Georgetown/Near Georgetown Marina
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   120 Church Street, Georgetown, SC 29440 (Formerly Jameson Inn Georgetown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Georgetown
Albemarle
“furnishings/room interior were average, worn.... exterior...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

furnishings/room interior were average, worn.... exterior looks really nice. not much room outside for "pet walking". friendly, helpful, cheerful staff! very nice breakfast bar. free coffee in lobby 24 hours. good location. nice pool /fitness room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Great hospitality from GM Chrysti when she pulled over on the 17 to tell me to pass by the front desk and pick up a bag they got me full of goodies for my journey to the southern tip of Argentina. What a pleasent stay I had here in Baymont Inn & Suites Georgetown SC.
Overall the experience was excellent. The only thing it could be improved is offer fresher breakfast (healthier) meaning not so much packed food such as packed pancakes or biscuit sausage sandwiches. But that is like everything, there is always room to improve!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Camden, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed at this motel twice in the past month. The staff are very friendly and helpful. It is south of Myrtle Beach and a lot less expensive and crowded. There is no beach access but it is just a short drive to Huntington State Park and Myrtle Beach State Park. There is a nice seafood restaurant across the street as well as a Taco Bell. Historic Georgetown is a very short drive away with many shops and restaurants.

Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

My wife made reservations for a handicapped room on the first floor two and one half weeks before our stay. When we arrived at the motel, they did not have a handicapped room available and asked if we would like a second floor room. I said no that I needed a first floor room. The desk clerk looked again and said that he had a room that was the same bed that was not a handicapped room on the first floor so I said OK. The price for said room was $63.20 for the night. When I went to check out the room as I always do before I move my stuff in for the night, as soon as I opened the door, it was apparent that the room was not ready for occupancy. The maid had not yet made up the room. I went back and got another one and that one was the same. About this time, General Manager Chrysti Amann asked me to hold on and said she would find out what was going on. She came back and told me that there had been a mistake on the computer as to which rooms were clean and ready for occupancy and that it would be about 15 minutes until a room that we needed would be ready. That was fine as we were a bit early. We went sight seeing and came back about 20 minutes later and the room was indeed ready. I checked it out and it seemed fine to me. Upon inspection of the room we were pleased. The room was nice clean and had the following amenities. Coffee pot, tea bags, soap, shampoo, conditioner, iron, ironing board, small refrigerator, microwave, decent sized flat screen tv, desk, desk chair, wireless internet, and a recliner. We had a room on the back side which had a nice view of the marsh. I had problems with the wireless and talked to the desk clerk (Curtis) and he rebooted the modem and it then worked fine. I found the staff to be pleasant and easy to work with. I asked later in the evening for some complimentary shaving cream and got it no problem. I read other reviews of this place that gave it really poor ratings but this was not the case for us at all. I did find the sheets in the breakfast area after they were washed and watched the night clerk folding them and putting them away after the rush subsided. They have a breakfast buffet in the morning which is the standard continental breakfast provided by motels. The breakfast area was small with only 4 tables, but adequate. The breakfast was a choice of 4 kind of cereals, oranges, apples, bagels, bread, (butter, peanut butter, cream cheese, jellies) muffins ( blueberry and banana nut), apple pastry, instant grits, oatmeal, a variety of yogurt flavors, pre-packaged heat and eat sausage biscuits and pancakes with syrup and butter toppings, coffee both decaf and regular, whole and low fat milk, apple and orange juice. The pool outside was small but nice. Too bad it had a lot of bugs in it, which is no fault of the staff, the bugs are everywhere down here. I would stay here again if the opportunity presented itself.

Room Tip: Back side in the 300 numbers back up to the marsh for a good view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Brookneal, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed in a king bed room for 4 nights over Labor Day weekend.
The bed was comfortable- and I usually have a very hard time with hotel beds, even in places like the Hotel Roanoke.
The breakfast was good if you are a basic healthy breakfast eater.
There was a choice of 4 cereals, apples, oranges, bagels, bread, (butter, peanut butter, cream cheese, jellies) muffins, pastry, instant grits and oatmeal, a variety of yogurt flavors, coffee, tea, 2 juices, pre-packaged heat and eat sausage biscuits and pancakes with toppings, whole and low fat milk to choose from.

If you are a bacon, eggs, big appetite breakfast person, this might not be the best choice for you, but for us it was spot on and the price was right.

I have to say that this hotel really delivers on the hot water. Some places you have to run and run the water to get it hot. This was hot right out of the gate and with that massaging shower head, this was better than the average shower I find when traveling for business.

There is one thing that this hotel could do that would not only draw more people in but also allow them to charge more- and that is to put a screened pool cage over their lovely pool area.
We found it to be great for a quick dip in the middle of the day, but in the evening we became a happy meal for mosquitoes and had to run for cover back to our room.
Not only would a pool cage allow guests to better enjoy the pool, but it would reduce the need to clean the pool of plant matter that finds its way into the pool.

The Baymont has lovely rear views of the marsh and water.
We found the staff to be friendly, warm, welcoming and accommodating.

We did not mind the 15 minute drive to Pawley's Island at all.
We've been here before and we know how to get there without trouble.
Getting there is half the fun, and because we chose to stay in this area instead of the craziness of Myrtle, getting there is not a hectic traffic nightmare, but a pleasant, relaxed and short drive.

Room Tip: We are getting older and we always ask for a handicapped access room- king bed if one is available.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The room was pretty clean, the bathroom could have been a lot cleaner... The walls are pretty thin, our neighbors had their tv playing the entire night and one of the rooms around us had the alarm clock going off for a solid 30 minutes at 4am (it sounded like a car alarm at first so that is why I did not think much of it at first). I called the front desk and they said they would take care of it but before I even got off the phone it stopped so I told them there was no need. The breakfast was absolutely terrible, nothing good about it at all. I went at 8:15am and there was nothing but yogurt. All in all I would probably not stay again because we were there for the beach and it was a longer drive than we thought (about 20 minutes each way). It was a decent hotel but I would definitely plan on going out for breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Georgetown/Near Georgetown Marina? Share your experiences!