“We were hungry” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 62 Restaurants in Georgetown
Cuisines: Italian, Eclectic, Healthy, Pizza & Pasta
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: House made, from-scratch, all natural foods with and eclectic and artsy atmosphere. A true "mom and pop" full service restaurant.
“We were hungry”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

My father had just been released from the hospital....we had been stuck in Georgetown for about a week unexpectedly. Mom found this restaurant and DAd was excited when he saw the eggplant parm. It is a quaint little place, not dirty, pleasant. Waitress was nice, very accommodating. My father and I planned to split an antipasto appetizer and a plate of eggplant parmagiana. The salad was delicious, homemade vinigarette was very tasty. Mom ordered pasta marinara and quite enjoyed it. Sauce was truly homemade and had flavor, not just a tomato sauce.
Our eggplant parm came and my jaw almost dropped, because the portion was so small! I felt bad that I offered to split it with my father. There were about 5 slices of eggplant ( maybe 2 in diameter if we were lucky), and a portion of pasta. I will say that it had great flavor, but I expected a much greater portion, especially for the $12 price tag.
Others in the restaurant ordered pizzas and they looked delectable, as well as the burgers that were stacked tall.
Overall, this place was nice, just expected more, meaning larger portions, out of an Italian restaurant.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Jefferson, SC
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was a very good place to eat. They use a lot of organic products in their food. I loved the pizza.

Visited March 2012
“Great Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

Today I was in the mood to have a quiet, low-key lunch while reading a book. After pondering my choices, I landed at The Humble Crumb.
I had a perfect table in the very quaint back room that was just what I was looking for. I had today's bruschetta special as well as an eggplant Parmesan sandwich, also a lunch special. Both were outstanding! There is no mistaking the freshness of their bread! I would have liked my fries a little more crispy, however I still enjoyed them.
My server was very attentive but not intrusive. My food came out in a very timely fashion and I took my time enjoying my lunch as well as my book.
I feel like this is a little gem that is a bit removed from other more restaurant-populated areas of town. However, I am confident that I couldn't have a better lunch experience anywhere. Looking forward to going back soon!

South Carolina
“Quaint, quiet and welcoming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

this place is a welcome change from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Upon visiting we were seated promptly. I ordered a pizza and my friend ordered the antipasto salad. Both were great. We decided to splurge on dessert and we are so glad we did. I had the tiramusu and he ordered pistachio gelato. Both were out of this world. I can honestly say the tiramusu was the best I have ever had. We had a great dining experience and the prices were good as well. Cant wait to go back again.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Best Food In Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

Best Food in Georgetown a little secret that most local know about but don't want the tourist to find out about always good and hot and fresh. Specials are always great pizza are good

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere