“You can't beat the view for the price!” 4 of 5 stars

You added Waters Edge Resort to your Saves list
Waters Edge Resort
2.0 of 5 Resort   |   1012 N. Waccamaw Drive, Garden City Beach, SC 29576   |
Parkersburg, West Virginia
“You can't beat the view for the price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I went through Dunes Realty to book room 406. I kept saying the room looked like staying at your grandmas house at the beach, really that was the best way of descripting the decor. The Balcony was really what brought me into this location! The balcony was very nice and large enough to 2 people. The bathroom connected to the bedroom had lightbulbs that were burnt out but I didnt make a big deal about it. The kitchen was updated and really nice! I think this Condo could stand a very nice cleaning though! All in All I will probably look alittle more for our next trip, but this place wasnt BAD. Make sure you rent through a Dunes or Garden City Realty, most complaints are from people who book directly through Waters Edge. PLUS its cheaper through these companies!

Room Tip: Book through Dunes or Garden City Realty to get a nicer room at a cheaper price!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

this was a nice place to stay, a little dated but clean and everything you need including a full kitchen. elevator was slow but did take you directly to the beach. we brought our 8 year old , he loved the beach with the exception of the evening, fireworks were set off as soon as it got dark, right on the beach, so you couldnt walk the beach in the evening, when you call to complain, they tell you fireworks are not allowed. what a joke beach was full of them. we did return 2 years in a row, but last year chose to try cuba.

Room Tip: dont book first floor too much noise in the evening from bar and pool!! we were on 11 floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
New Carlisle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We booked this room for the second year in a row for our family vacation which ended in utter disappointment! We get there and we were 3 people short of the second parking pass! You spend almost two grand for a good stay, I'd think an extra parking space should be allowed! The bar was under construction and the outside tiki bar was temporary but never open, the hot tub had too much chlorine, perverts galore staring at our children, never seen any service staff, couldn't put our canopy up on the beach, smell of marijuana in the condo below us, light fixture wasn't installed right that fell on our friend, couldn't have anymore toilet paper for there's a one roll limit per restroom per room, TV broke, below average wifi, dishwasher wheel kept breaking, and oh, not to mention the ROACHES! Went to the manager MIKE! Very politely told him the issues we we're having and they were handled with below standard professionalism that being a property manager already of 210 units of my own, I surly would have found a more sincere way of remedying our below average stay! I was passed to the HOA manager and was told the next time I caught the room below smoking the refer again to call the desk! Never offered any sort of compensation for none of our money wasted at a sub standard shack as his whatever ya call it. NEVER AGAIN! Oh then to wait for us to check out and charge my card less than 12 hours after I'm gone, 50 bucks cause your cleaning lady did a little extra work! Terrible customer service, the hotel manager should be replaced and we're seriously never going there again! 2,000 wasted!

• Stayed July 2014
Church Road, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I'm not sure where to begin...we have been traveling from Virginia for 25 years to MB for vacation. We come the same week every year and have stayed in 5 different condos in the years we've come. We come with family and friends and rent as many as 8 rooms from whatever place we pick. We started in the horizon east , Antalya towers, royal gardens and this time watersedge. We make our reservations in march or April . 3 weeks before we were to arrive as I was looking at our unit again I noticed it was available the week we were coming. I called to find out I had been moved. I then had them check my daughters unit to find she had been moved as well. There's a reason this and all sites have pictures and virtual tours so we can pick the room we want with amenities that suit each family. When we arrived to check in yet another family from our group found that they too had been "bumped". I was told that they guarantee the type of room,not the unit. Why have the pictures? Why do owners get to just decide at the last minute they want to use the room after renting it for that week? ( months before) when then found out that all one and two bedroom units are only offered one parking pass per room. What are the chances that a one bedroom unit that sleeps six and a two bedroom unit will only have one driver per room? If you don't have a pass you're at the mercy of the public road( about 4 spaces) in front and if you don't get one of them who knows? I spoke to the manager (Mike) and he told me "I was preaching to the choir" that the home owners association decided that, when I asked for a number he said he would not give me their number but would give them mine....never heard from them. The deck, where we spend all our time was small, rooms only adequate , and not especially clean, and my grandchildren are all sick this week with a virus that I'm certain came from the pool and hot tub. Because this is our only vacation for the year please know that we tried to make the best of things, and we had a good time in spite of the watersedge resort, but to be sure they won't have our business again

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Urbana, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We stayed in unit 810 and besides needing a bit of regular maintenance it was great. It was a family unit with one bedroom and two pull out couches. The view from the balcony was wonderful. High enough from the pools to be quiet and yet close enough to the beach to be able to see the waves come in. We took our own breakfast items and fixed breakfast for ourselves in the kitchen. Great space to move around in and enjoy oneself. The bed was comfortable and we slept very well! The living room was well appointed and comfortable too.

The most major item that was never told to us, was that we should bring our own soap, shampoo, and body lotion, and WAIT FOR IT....BATHROOM TISSUE. We found this out one morning of our 4 day stay, when we ran out and called the desk. We were told that they only provided one roll for each bathroom. So at 1 am my husband was trying to find a grocery store, or pharmacy that was 24 hour to buy some. So, be advised to take your own necessities with you. There was only one bar of soap, one shampoo packet, and one lotion packet provided for our entire stay. You wash your own towels too, as there is no housekeeping provided. We took this in stride and really didn't mind, but being told this up front we could have been prepared. We did enjoy our stay! Balcony, nearness to the beach, pools, and hot tubs, and the Oceanfront Views just can't be beat!

Room Tip: Take your own bathroom tissue with you, as well as shampoo, soap, lotion, laundry detergent, and dis...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

First of all, the parking garage is extremely small and only allowed to park one vehicle in it. Otherwise, you have to find public parking along side of the road and that's nearly impossible. When checking in the staff is not friendly and instead of greeting us they said we needed to pay a fee never explaining what it was for. The rooms need a lot of work done. The carpet is very stained up and the couches was terribly stained. Worst part is they was supposed to had been new. One thing I can't get over was the cockroaches. They was EVERYWHERE! That's one thing I don't want to see before laying my head on a pillow. Forget being able to a elevators, be prepared to use the stairs. Out of like 15 floors, they only have two elevators. The one thing I can not complain about is the amazing view and very short walk to the beach.

• Stayed August 2014
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Beautiful! Right on the beach. I felt like I was on a cruise ship. The views from the condo were all ocean. Can't wait to go back! There is so much to do there. Close enough to Myrtle Beach proper but far enough to not have the chaos. Broadway at the Beach has everything!

Room Tip: all rooms are good. we stayed on the 4th floor, 2 bdrms, not over the pool.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Waters Edge Resort? Share your experiences!