“Great place to stay, with awesome view.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Waters Edge Resort

Save Saved
You added Waters Edge Resort to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Waters Edge Resort
2.0 of 5 Resort   |   1012 N. Waccamaw Drive, Garden City Beach, SC 29576   |
Cincinnati, OH
“Great place to stay, with awesome view.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed in room 401, and were very impressed. Good wifi, stocked kitchen with utensils, plates, etc. the beds were comfortable, and very spacious for 4 people.

The best asset was the patio that overlooked the beach -- it was accessible from both the master bedroom and the living room, and easily had room for 8 or more people.

The beach is literally steps from the door, and going to bed while hearing the waves crash below is a real treat. Will definitely stay he again!

Room Tip: All of the condos are different, but I can tell you that 401 was awesome.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

133 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I first stayed at Water's Edge when I was five, and later eight years old, with family. Eleven years later, I decided to go back with friends. We stayed in room 1410, and it kept the three of us very comfortably. Master bedroom was very big, with a nice, large en suite washroom. The common washroom was very clean and updated as well. No weird smells, or stains, or broken equipment. Some pots and pans had loose handles but that's nothing to cry about. We lucked out, staying the last week of October, we had cloud-free mid 80's weather. It also had a mature crowd, mostly retired seniors, as appose to a bunch of wild teenagers and little kids being all loud and what-not. Ocean was very warm, and the waves were just as big as I remembered as a kid. The outdoor pool was sort of chilly as I imagine they do not put the heater on during the off seasons, however, the indoor pool was great, along with both jacuzzis. They had also in the past few years, updated the elevators, which I remember as a kid were super slow. We paid just a tiny bit over $100.00 a night. Try to find another oceanfront condo for that price. Also, it seems as though they clean the hell outta the room after each rental, because the cleaning crews were going at the rooms next to us (which had people recently check out) for several hours.

Things that I would note, on the "bad" side of things:

-At night, a few large beetles would fall into the hot tub, and some other debris

-Our room didn't have wi-fi, it DID have high speed internet, however not wireless. Some rooms do have wireless, however, along with the hot tub/bar area has wireless, so you'd have to go downstairs to use it.

-Cable in the master bedroom didn't seem to work on the TV, but we never looked into it at all, could have simply just been unplugged, or just using the remote wrong.

If you are having doubts about this place, please set them aside. We had an amazing week, everything was just simply amazing. If you happen to land a room you are unsatisfactory with, just go speak to someone in the office I'm sure they will help you out. If you get a room like I did and don't like it then you are simply just expecting way to much for what you are paying, go rent a million dollar home across the street instead.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
South Fork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

"Stayed 7 days at Waters Edge room 110 .. great view , up dated , and comfortable bed. Pool was open until 12 which was nice as others close at 10. You do not have to drag your luggage across the road as the parking garage is attached, The view was amazing and you were on the beach as close as i have ever been in a ocean front .. No traffic and it was quite peaceful area .. i have stayed at other resorts and paid much more they were fancier in furniture and public areas but not as peaceful and relaxing. Staff were nice the security guard was helpful and tried to help us get the internet working at midnight when maintenance was not there and the maintenance man was great the wireless was not working in our room and he made 3 trips to fix it with out a complaint.. Staff were pleasant and helpful ..i was very worried when i read the reviews prior to getting to Waters Edge and when i seen the lobby area however once in the office and our room this had to be the nicest stay in Myrtle Beach. There were no timeshare people bugging you and the beach was not packed, people were friendly. If you want touristy , board walk loud , and young drunks screaming don't stay here. If you want peace and relaxation and friendly people and staff stay here. oh and the lady in the gift shop is awesome."

Room Tip: If you dont like your room ask to see another staff is very friendly and helpful
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lake View Terrace, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights in a 1 bedroom unit. Wonderful experience. Service was great. room was comfy and clean.Beautiful views of the ocean. Looking forward to returning. We booked this little get a way through bookit.com. Got an excellent rate

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Berlin, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

I just want to start off by saying that I stayed in Unit 1112 (which was a 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath unit with a kitchen and a spacious family room). The units appeared to vary by owner and I'm not sure how nice all of the units are so beware...I got the feeling that some units were not nearly as nice as the one that we stayed in. All units in this complex feature a balcony facing out to the ocean...from our balcony, I saw dolphins on multiple occasions. The community aspects of this complex were fairly nice and clean. The outside pool and hot tub were considerably more appealing in terms of cleanliness than the indoor poor and hot tub. The location of this complex is probably a half mile to the pier where there is live music at night. I would definitely stay in this unit or another unit owned by Mel and Belinda because they really do take care of their property and make the unit feel welcoming.

• Stayed August 2012
Columbia, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Waters Edge was a bit of a mixed bag for our recent family trip. It was 2 adults and 6 kids ranging in age from 6 to 15. We booked room 1502 which was a 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit, with 2 pull-out sofas.

The Good: The unit was clean and spacious. The pull-out sofas were fairly new, and the kids slept great on them. It was nicely decorated, but the kitchen was starting to show some age. There was plenty of room for everyone. The view was great, and the beach area in front of the hotel was very nice. The pool and spas were fine - as were the seating areas around them. It was a pretty easy walk to the Garden City pier - about 1/2 mile.

The Bad: Horrible smell in the parking deck. I finally concluded that it was related to the garbage chute collection container. Common areas (halls, snack shop, elevator wating areas) are well worn at best, really rough at worst. Waiting on the elevators was a huge pain on Sat and Sun - which i presume to be the busiest check-in, check-out days. The beach was bit crowded as there are a number of larger, multi-unit properties in that immediate area.

We had a good time, but I am on the fence about returning to this property. Unfortunately, there are not too many choices for partial week rentals in the Garden City/Surfside area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
White Plains, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

The only good thing about staying here was the view. The problems started the second I got there. I couldn't even get into the room because the lock was broken. They told me to turn the key and push hard. When I did this, the door frame literallly moved - if I were stronger, I would have knocked the frame and door down! The paint was all chipped so I clearly wasn't the first person to have problems with the door. I was staying there by myself while visiting a friend in Garden City and was concerned about not having a working door lock. I went down to the office and asked them to change my room but they wouldn't. They sent the maintenance man up and he asked me to leave my key with him while he worked on the door. I didn't feel very good about doing that, but I felt like I had no choice. When I came back, the door was working and my belongings were all still there. Upon entering the room, I was extremely disappointed at how disgusting the room was. It smelled bad; the rugs were gross with stains and cigarette burns; the kitchen was dated and dirty. All the furniture was falling apart. The dresser drawers were broken in the bedroom; the kitchen cabinets were falling apart and the smaller bathroom door was cracked on the bottom and wouldn't close all the way. The livingroom drapes were dingy and broken at one end. Then, when I went to go to bed, there was only a sheet on the top matress, not the box spring. Both must have been 30 or 40 years old. Stained and worn; sunken and uncomfortable. The pillowcases were so thin, I could read the room number written in magic marker on the pillows through them. As if that wasn't bad enough, there was a loud,clanging noise that went on all night long. I ended up sleeping on the couch on the living room every night. It was awful and I wouldn't stay there again if you paid me to.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Waters Edge Resort? Share your experiences!