“Worth It” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Resort   |   1012 N. Waccamaw Drive, Garden City Beach, SC 29576   |
penrose
“Worth It”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We just returned from our visit. The room was nice but as many others said, it was outdated. We found our room to be clean but the sofas were very worn out, and one wouldn't fold back up. Walking around in the room made our feet black which says how dirty the carpet was. It was equiped with a washer and dryer but no detergent so if you go, bring your OWN, because they will not provide it for you. We had asked for additional towels, which we were declined because as we were told, we had a washer and dryer in our room and needed to wash our own. Sooo if you go with this resort, take detergent or additional towels of your own. Also take dish washing detergent, I didn't think about that when we went but did end up needing it. The water pressure was pretty good considering each room had its own hot water heater. The view was amazing. As for all the noise complaints, we didn't have much noise but I was surprised by all the fireworks on the beach EACH night, so having my 1 year old trying to sleep that was kind of annoying at midnight with them still going off right off of our balony. But they were very nice. It wasn't the hotel that did them but random guess. The beach access was perfect, so was the pool and the area around the pool. I was annoyed by the pool guy, because he was the arm band nazi, you have to wear the armbands they provide to be at the pool, but wouldnt say anything to the annoying kids who kept hitting people with a rubber ball and had no parental supervision. The mini mart down below was well stocked with the necessities and snacks and such. The bar was low key and kinda high priced, $8 for a strawberry daiqurie which had stock liquiour. Everyone was very friendly for the most part. We had 7 people in our party, 2 adults, 14, 12, 8, 4 and 1 year olds. The kids had an absolute blast being able to go between the pool and beach with no walking distance inbetween. We loved it too because we were constantly going back and forth. The kids did say that the couch bed were hard but what sofa bed isnt?!?

Room Tip: Bring your own towels, dish detergent, and laundry detergent. Stay halfway up, say the 10th floor, t...

112 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Canandaigua, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

We traveled from New York. On our last night, which was a Friday, we decided we wanted to have a couple of drinks. We went down to the bar at 10pm and it was closing!!! Come on a bar on the beach, on a Friday night closing at 10pm!!!! I could understand if it were during the week or during the off season but this was June 15, 2012. There were alot of people there. Other than that our stay was very nice.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have a great view
Jeffersonville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

and it was as good as the first. Great condo, beach within reach. Everyone was nice and helpful.
Like comming back home. To me it is the best @ Garden City.

central NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

We stayed for two nights in April 2012. We were traveling with an elderly family member who uses a walker, so I was looking for a place to stay that was right on the beach, without much difficulty for him to get on the beach, plus I needed a place that wouldn't require our party to be split up in separate hotel rooms. I found Water's Edge through Internet research.

We were in unit 402, a 2-BR unit. It was very spacious and offered what we needed. We only wished we could stay there longer and really take advantage of the apartment-like setup.

The front desk staff was very helpful. We had a few maintenance issues in the two bathrooms and they were promptly taken care of.

As we stayed somewhat off-season, the small restaurant onsite was closed, but the front desk staff gave us excellent recommendations for nearby restaurants.

In general the property is slightly shabby but it was clean and met our needs. I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
milan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

My family and I spent 5 wonderful days here in the sun. I read all the reviews on this place I could find. I have to tell you all I was worried at what we might find. When we got here I was so pleasantly surprised. We stayed in condo #712 a little outdated but who cares....we had a great view and the condo was very clean. The beds "omg" were so comfy..pillow top. The staff was over the top nice. The lady that works in the store was super sweet and wonderful with all the small children. We can't wait to go back. Thank you Waters Edge Resort for a great vacation!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Mount Gilead
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

We wanted to celebrate our 40th anniversary and wanted a special place. We rented 907 at the Water's Edge.We heard it depends on the owner and this owner really came thru on decor. What a great unit that made us not want to leave. We rented thru VRBO and I will return to this unit on our 41st anniversary.

Room Tip: Higher floors amazing views
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

We stayed a Waters's Edge May 2012, For the most part had a wonderful time room very clean and really enjoyed the view...My only complant in the very man at the front desk, i called down to the front desk to ask for coffee maker and he instructed me to call housekeeping and just hung up on me, so i called housekeeping and no one answered so i went to the front desk and asked again and he told me again i need to go to housekeeping in a rude manner...I went back up to my room and called housekeeping again and I believe his name was Fred came up with the coffee maker within minutes and was so polite and smiling and i let him know that i also needed a blow dryer and he was back up there with it in matter of minutes still smiling and polite all i can say is very good service and i had a very good vacation thats to the wateredge staff for a great Vacation.....

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Waters Edge Resort? Share your experiences!