“Can't recommend this one” 2 of 5 stars

Super 8 Gaffney
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Ellis Ferry Avenue, Gaffney, SC 29341   |
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Gaffney
Asheville, North Carolina
“Can't recommend this one”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Stayed here overnight in July 2014. The cons outweigh the pros in a big way. Let me explain:

A lot of people appear to live at this motel and they are very bold, let's just say I did not feel safe here and I was traveling with a friend. In the morning, there were multiple empty cases/bottles of beer everywhere - which explains all the drunken ranting & raving I heard until at least 2 a.m. There is no control at this motel from the front desk, obviously.

This is an exterior corridor motel which only compounded the "unsafe" feeling. The door to our room had a gap the size of well, I don't know what. No elevators either at this property so be warned if you end up with a 2nd floor room.

As for the room itself, it was only marginally acceptable. Beds were comfortable but that was it. Towels were thin and the cleaning of the bathroom left a lot to be desired, especially the tub/shower.

Breakfast was meager at best and mostly gone by 8:30 a.m. and there was no one to refill it. I did feel bad for the front desk lady who appeared to be running the whole place. I mean, there were garbages overflowing everywhere.

I will not stay here again nor can I recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
neelash278, General Manager at Super 8 Gaffney, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with our hotel experience. As far your opinion those r my construction worker that were just trying to relax after 14 long hours of hard work. Yes they are little lazy to trow trash at the proper place and they do throw anywhere but We do put an effort to keep our property clean. They are hard working and decent guys and not harmful to anyone. They just try to relax for few hours with there buddy after long day but not until 2:00pm because they r not here party they r here to work and they do have to go work next day 5:00am. As far as elevator it is exterior property and only two floor that why we don't require it. As far as breakfast we try r level best to keep it fill up but like u said there are too many guest we commemorate so stuff do run out but when guest bring it to my attention I am more then happy to refill. Sometime I refill and there come big group contraction crew come it run out quick. For me having contraction crew is good for my business. They r my guest as my traveler guest. I do not discriminate my contraction guest nor deferent them my traveler guest. I hope you change your opinion about contraction guys. They r not bad people and stay at the hotel with peace of mind.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Brooksville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

The towels at this place were so thin they did not dry anything, spend a few bucks and replace them. Also, new towels may mean you can cut down on the softener so they actually absorb moisture after a shower. The place was clean and quiet. Bed was comfy. The breakfast was a zero. Staff was friendly and the room was non smoking with a no smoke smell.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks for you input and bring to my attention about the towels. We do replace them occasionally when it needed. I do appreciated your advice on cutting cost on softener I will definitely follow your advice. I am glad that beside towels issue you had comfortable stay with us. Look to serve you better in future if you gave a chance.
Haw River
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Was a nice hotel for the price. The only problem we encountered was that Truck/Bus parking was advertised and it was available only if you were there early enough to take up several spots. Otherwise a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

neelash278, Manager at Super 8 Gaffney, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Thanks for your input and sorry to hear that you had little bit trouble for truck parking. We trying are best to tell guest to park properly so that other guest don't have to go trough the trouble, but certain thing our beyond our control. I appreciate your honest opinion.
Camden, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We spend 1 night at this location. Staff was friendly and courteous. Room had unpleasant odor and bathroom wasn't very clean. Location was easy to access however overall, we would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Sorry to hear that you are not happy with our hotel, but I wise at the time u would have brought to my attention we would be able to do something such as clean it while u there, yes I agree sometime if housekeeper spray to much deodorant that could have strong smell. In that case I would be more than happy to change your room. But I do appreciate that your bought to our attention and I promise I will take care of the issue.
War, Wv
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I was traveling through heading back to WV and stopped here for the night. The front desk staff was polite and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable and afforded me a good night's sleep.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for your input, your input is most important and help run hotel better. In many cases people have good experience do not take time to write anything only time people take time to write when they have bad experience and it could be wrong timing. But I appreciated your time and effort. Once again thank you for your business and true opinion.

Been to Super 8 Gaffney? Share your experiences!