“Clean, quiet, moderately priced” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Gaffney
Trenton, New Jersey
“Clean, quiet, moderately priced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Quality Inn, Gaffney, SC is an older hotel kept up-to-date, painted and clean. The solid construction means it is quiet even on the side near the highway. There is a local road which runs parallel to Route 85. This makes it easy to get to restaurants and gas without going back on the highway. The staff has always been courteous and helpful. We have stayed several times over the past five years.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
gmsc422, General Manager at Quality Inn-Gaffney, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you ofr detailed and accurate review about our hotel.Thank you for investing time to write a review and others to know what a great experience you have at reasonable price,you get almost all good things like clean,safe,quite,Hot Breakfast and Wi-Fi everything at fair price.I am glad you had great stay.Jack Shah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Williamsport, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I seldom write reviews, but we had such a pleasant stay at this hotel that I felt I should say something. The staff was extremely nice to deal with from checking in to checking out. The assortment of food for breakfast was a welcome change from the standard fare. It had both cold and hot items and they were pretty good. The rooms were clean. The area was away from the traffic. The price was very reasonable. They say you get what you pay for,. In this case it was well over the price. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ben,
Thank you,so much for taking time to write a review about your stay at our hotel.My special thanks to you because as you mentioned you don't write reviews but you did for our hotel.
This detailed and correct information will definitely help others choosing a hotel while they are travelling.Yes! we do take pride ourselves in providing clean,quite,safe and ofcourse Hot Breakfast.Thank you again, jack shah
Amelia Court House, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Very comfortable,had a very pleasant two night stay.Very good truck parking.Close to shopping and dining.The manager was quite helpful.The bathroom was clean.The shower could have had a little more pressure for my liking.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Richard S,
Thank you,so much for taking time to write a review.I am glad to know you enjoyed your stay very much.I also thank you for lettting other know we have huge truck parking in the area.We do take pride in providing clean,quite and safe accommodation.Looking forward to serve you again in near future.Jack Shah
Eldersburg, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights, while visiting my son in college. We were looking for a more affordable hotel because we live 500 miles away and visit frequently. The room was very affordable because of the 30% off fall promotion for Choice hotel members.

The bad was that the rooms were in need of many repairs. The light over the bathroom sink in one of the rooms didn't work and they were unable to fix the problem....try shaving, putting on makeup, or doing your hair in the dark! They offered us another room, but we were traveling with elderly parents and wanted to stay close together. My parents ended up with a floor lamp (broken at the top) propped by the sink in front of the door entrance to the shower/toilet. In our room, one of the electrical outlets had no cover....thankfully our youngest child is 12. Our bathroom tub was a mess and needed to be completely replaced. The tub had been patched in one area and then the entire tub bottom had been painted. When you stood inside, it felt like it might give way...you actually moved. The paint in the tub was actually peeling off....what an ugly mess. We were thankful we had no small children to bathe. After you flushed the toilet it pulsated for a while, like it was alive.

The good was that it was very affordable, but it is still overpriced considering the problems.
The employees were nice, the rooms were as clean as possible, the beds were comfortable, and the breakfast offered was decent. This is the only reason I rated it 2 stars. I still don't understand how this is one of the highest rated hotels in the area. I expected an older, clean
hotel for the price. However, it was too broken, run down, and dilapidated for me. I will go elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
gmsc422, General Manager at Quality Inn-Gaffney, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear Guest,
I am deeply Sorry! for inconvenience you and Parents have have to face while staying with us.I am also aware of Bath Tub Crack in Room but because of Door Size I am not able to bring new bath tub and so far not able to find any solution.I will have to tore up big bath tub wall and then we will be able to install new bath tub.Again I am Sorry! and accept my sincere Apolozy.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

The first hotels I tried had no vacancy. Finally, I came across Quality Inn, at Gaffney.

I pulled into the parking lot, then walked into the front door. I entered the Quality Inn lobby and headed to the receptionist desk; the receptionist showed up. I asked him if there were any rooms available for the night.

He said rooms were available, then asked for what I was looking for. I chose a non smoking room with a single bed. I asked him if the place was safe, he answered, "Off course!"

He assigned me a room, then asked me how many key cards I wanted. I answered, "Two." He completed my sign in, had me sign a receipt, charged my keys, then handed them to me.

I walked back outside of Quality Inn, walked through their parking lot, and to my car. The noise from passing traffic on highway 85 accompanied me as I looked for my room. It was a first floor room; I opened the door and walked in.

A lamp stood on my right, in the corner. A small two cushion sofa stood against the wall, with a coffee table standing in front of it. The bed, flanked by nightstands, headboard to the wall, stood next to the sofa. Two wall mounted lamps hovered over the night stands.

The wall on my left had a dresser with a flat screen TV, a couple mirrors, a desk with chair, and refrigerator with microwave. The bathroom hid in a mini room beyond the bed and refrigerator.

Their air conditioning unit is straight forward. You could turn it on, adjust the controls, and get the temperatures that you feel comfortable with.

After activating the air conditioner, I moved some of my bags from my car and into the room.

I set my laptop up on the desk, plugged the extension into one of the closest sockets, and accessed their internet. It didn't cost me anything. I easily browsed the internet and got caught up on my correspondence. Going from one website to another, and sending email, went quick.

I powered down the laptop and went to bed. I fell asleep within 15 minutes and slept good.

I got up the next day and used the bathroom. The shower felt good, and flowed down with the force that I selected from the shower-head. You can easily get the right temperature and pressure combination with Quality Inn's showers. After taking a shower, I got ready for another day of traveling.

If you're into coffee, you'll find a coffee station, with coffee packs and cups on the sink.

I reloaded my car, then double checked the room to make sure that I didn't forget anything. I re-entered the room and I remade the bed. I had forgotten to snap pictures the previous night. Don't mind the bed and sink in the accompanying photos. They were nicer when I checked in the previous night.

After taking the photos, I headed to the Quality Inn lobby towards the breakfast room. The floors looked like mirror, and reflected the items set on top of them. An oil painting of a landscape portrait hung on the wall. Three plants sat beneath that portrait, with a glass mini table holding the middle flower vase.

A three seat cushion sofa stood against the wall, two lamp tables flanked it. Each table had a lamp on it. A small coffee table, with a house plant, stood in front of the sofa. A one seat cushion sofa accompanied the three-seater. This wall also had an oil painting landscape portrait.

You'll easily get to Quality Inn's dining area simply by walking pass their lobby. If you have time for breakfast, you'll get the following options: scrambled eggs, biscuits, sausage, cold cereal, bread, oatmeal, yogurt, etc.

You could drink coffee or cold breakfast drinks like ice water, apple juice, orange juice and milk. The eggs, sausage, and biscuits sat in a mini buffet/burner pan. You can also make your own waffle, with their waffle maker. The waffle batter is right next to their waffle maker.

The receptionist that signed me in the previous night walked into the dining area while I ate breakfast. He asked if I slept good. I replied, "Yes," he smiled and said, "Good," in response.

Security wise, I left with everything that I came in with. My car showed no signs of tamper. I had even forgotten to lock it while I was loading my stuff from the room to the car. I double checked my car, and found everything there.

I checked out, and handed the room key cards to the Quality Inn receptionist. After clearing me, he thanked me for my stay and wished me luck in my travels.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest
Thank you so much for investing time in allowing other future guests what a great experience you have with detailed description of room and breakfast.We take pride in our hotel and services and we work hard to make sure every guest comes to hotel enjoy their stay. Hope to see you in future.
Thanks again, jack shah
Yonkers, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at The Quality Inn, the staff made my wife and i felt like royalty, and in addition the room was clean, and the price was reasonable. I really enjoyed my stay. The location of this hotel was perfect, there are a lot of restaurants and shopping centers in the area.

Room Tip: Any room you choose at this hotel would be great, my wife and i had a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
gmsc422, General Manager at Quality Inn-Gaffney, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Guest,
I am glad to hear from you that you and your wife enjoyed your stay at our hotel.We do wok hard in making sure everything go well with our guest in all areas like cleanliness,good night sleep and breakfast.We want to make sure our guest feel like their own home and I am glad to know from you that you feel that way.Hope to see you in future while you are in the area.Thans again for taking time to write a review.
Jack Shah
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

The manager of this hotel is so friendly and helpful and you will enjoy your stay here. The hotel is older but totally adequate and more economical than others in the area. I would recommend that you call the hotel directly for booking as you will probably get a lower rate. I would return to this business again if I am in the area.

Room Tip: The rooms vary as to the equipment in each. If you want a refrigerator, ask for it.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for recognizing our hospitality and taking time to write a nice words about our guest services and hotel.Hope to see you in future if you are in the area.Thanks again.
Jack Shah

Been to Quality Inn-Gaffney? Share your experiences!