“A Surprise Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Gaffney
Sterling, Virginia
“A Surprise Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was driving to Fort Benning, Georgia from Northern Virginia and needed a place to stay. I have never been through this area before and was beginning to feel tired after driving most of the day. When the Hampton Inn appeared I was ready to pull in. To be honest, I was not sure what to expect and I was more than pleased.

The front desk person was wonderful as the tiredness really kicked in as I was checking in. She even found me a discount as we talked. I did think it was a little pricey for the area, but I was not going to quibble when I needed a good rest.

The room was wonderful, clean and quiet. Being so close to the highway I expected more noise and was grateful there was none. They had fresh cookies in the lobby -which were wonderful. I had stopped earlier so I brought in my salad for dinner. I was able to use my computer via the free wi-fi and just relax and watch some TV. I slept like a baby.

I had some breakfast which turned out fine and read the paper. I was able to get moving on the rest of my journey with renewed energy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Online_Media_Mngr, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Gaffney, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Marie N,

On behalf of the management and staff of Hampton Inn Gaffney, we want to say thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear you slept well, and refreshed for your trip. Sound like you got an opportunity to take advantage of several of our features. We hope to see you again real soon and welcome you back to Hampton Inn Gaffney.

J.S.
OMMM
Hampton Inn Gaffney, SC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Johnson City, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Old, worn out, and not that cheap. It is crowded so it must the best place around. The business center was terrible, the "free" breakfast wasn't worth the price. I was forced to stay their on a business trip to the area, staying in Spartenberg 20 miles away might be an option for the next time I travel. And it is next to an outlet mall for the extra ambiance.

Room Tip: Try a different city
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Curtis G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Gaffney, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time give us feedback on your stay at our hotel. I would like to extend my apologies that your stay wasnt perfect. Please give us a call at 864-206-0011, if you would like to give us another chance with staying with us.

Shawn lalli, GM
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We decided on a last minute shopping trip to the outlets in Gaffney, SC. On the way I phoned to see if the Hampton Inn had a vacancy as we would be arriving around 1:00 am. The gentleman on duty was very friendly and assured me we would have a room when we arrived. When we arrived the check in was very quick. The rooms were very pretty and the beds were very comfortable. We got up early for a day of shopping (the outlets are within walking distance) and had the continental breafast. There was a good variety of foods to choose from and the food was good. I would definitely stay there again as the service was fantastic.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Curtis G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Gaffney, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our property, Hampton Inn Gaffney. Managment and staff love to hear feedback for our guest.
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

when my wife and I do get a chance to travel we have always stayed at your hotels but the hotel in Gaffnee.SC was so filthy we had to leave. My wife cried when we had to leave but come on who could sleep in a room with urine stained chairs and walls.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay at our hotel. I would like to extend my apologies that your stay at our hotel wasn't perfect. Please call me directly at 864-206-0011 so i can resolve the matter. I am committed to providing an excelllent hotel experience for each one of our guest and i look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Shawn Lalli, General Manager
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Usually we stay in Shelby or Boiling Springs and we booked late and to our surprise we had to go to Gaffney. What a nice surprise. The town has a very nice restaurant selection. The hotel is what you would expect from a Hampton inn nice accommodations with upscale shampoo in the bathrooms. The only reason we did not give it 5 stars is because the hotel was under renovation, but that aside the breakfast was great and the beds comfortable. You cannot go wrong here. Glad we waited now we have more options when going to see our son.

Room Tip: Maybe you can get some money off due to renovation, we did not know beforehand or I would have tried...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our property, Hampton Inn Gaffney. Management and staff love to hear feedback for our guest.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

We arrived very late without a reservation. The front desk person was very friendly and helpful we got a non-smoking double queen room that was very clean. Breakfast the next morning was very good. All-in-all the service was outstanding. Will make it a point to stop there again on our way north.

• Stayed August 2012
I'm glad that the Hampton Inn Gaffney met your expectations. We welcome you back anytime!

Shawn Lalli, GM Hampton Inn Gaffney
North Augusta, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

We often stay at Hampton Inn's when traveling. We stayed in the Gaffney, SC location the night before my daughter graduated from Gardner-Webb University. As usual, the staff and accommodations were excellent. They also added a nice touch in our room with complimentary bottled water and snacks. I don't recall having seen that before. Breakfast was good and hot. Only complaint: No grits!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
No grits? In the south, that should be punishable as a crime, lol. I do apologize for that over site. Thank you for the great review, please the next time you are in the area stop in an see our lobby renovations.

Shawn Lalli
GM Hampton Inn Gaffney SC

Been to Hampton Inn Gaffney? Share your experiences!