“A Hidden Gem” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Gaffney
Winston Salem, N.C.
“A Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

I stayed here 4/25/14, after a bad day. I was exhausted that night, and had no reservation until Alabama, and I knew I would not make it that far. I found this place in a brochure I got at the SC visitors center on I 85S. I called from there, hoping they allowed dogs. The lady was so polite, making me feel that not only me, but also my dog would be so very welcome. Go there about 8:30pm, and no dinner. Dumped the dog in the room and the clerk had recommended several places near by, but the only place open that late was a Waffle house. Good simple meal. The room was immaculate, bed comfortable, fridge and microwave. The next am, when I went down to the continental breakfast, the attendant was taking everything up for the day, but she made sure I had a breakfast. I would not hesitate to stay there again. All this is important to me, as I am a handicapped person, who often travels with a dog.

Room Tip: Always ask. All anyone can do is say no'. If you get lucky, they will say 'yes!'
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Burke, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Spent one night at this hotel while travelling. The bed was horrible! Very soft and sagged terribly in the middle. Should have been thrown out years ago. Hardly slept a wink. And to make matters worse, around 2 AM for a bathroom break, the toilet wouldn't flush. The tank never refilled after the previous use.

At 4 AM, throughly disgusted and not able to sleep on that bed, I left and got back on the road. I took a nap at a rest area a couple hours later.

This hotel is a disgrace to the Choice Hotel chain. I will be contacting Choice Hotels about this. I'm a Choice Hotels member.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

This is my second stay at the Sleep Inn and I plan to stay there again. The manager, Amy, was so friendly and informative. The room was pleasant as well as clean. It had a microwave, refrigerator and flat screen TV. The king size bed was very comfortable. I stay in a couple dozen hotels every year. The breakfast at this hotel is by far the best. So if your a big breakfast eater or have teens your traveling with, the value is unbeatable. There is a large selection of pastries, yogurts, fruits and cereals. In addition to making waffles, they had eggs, sausage, biscuits, bacon gravy and french fries. The location is right across the highway from the outlet stores and movie theater giving plenty of choices for activities in the evening. Great location and value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Aurora
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I never stayed at a Sleep Inn before so I didn't know what to expect. The location on my drive through South Carolina up to Virginia took me past Gaffney and I stopped for the day at the local Sleep Inn. I chose this because of price and wasn't disappointed. I got more than I anticipated. The room was surprisingly comfortable and clean. Perfect for just me and/or another person. The bathroom may be a bit tight if more than 2 are staying here. The bed was one of the best I've slept in. The location is close to many restaurants and an awesome outlet mall.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Southport, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This place was pretty good. I would get a room not on the east side and the sun is bright. You can pin the curtains closed - also light comes in under the door and you can put a long towel there to block light. We were near elevator but never heard it.

The breakfast has muffins, eggs, sausage and yogurt. It is right off the highway and not far from good old 'less than North Carolina' gas so fill up before you go north.

There was a radio playing in the two rooms we used when we first got to the room, that was unusual ....

Room Tip: Try the West side and away from elevator, though I never heard it ...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Rock Hill, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Thanks to Ami and the staff of the SC189 Sleep Inn-Gaffney. Brought a group of teenagers and stayed during an event at Limestone College. The staff was friendly and attentive. The rooms were clean. Parking was super easy for our bus. The location was right by the interstate. Easy access to area attractions. Breakfast was more than we expected each of our two mornings. Gravy biscuits, oatmeal, cereal, sausage, eggs, juices, sweets. Eating area was maintained with plenty of food and tables were kept clean. Ami made the checkout procedure especially convenient for our group; providing storage for our luggage while we had breakfast and she completed our paperwork. What a pleasant, quiet, stress-free experience. I know we weren't the only folks there but this staff went out of its way to give us the attention to make us feel as though we were.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I was a little concerned since they have smoking rooms, but I couldn't smell any cigarette smoke. The room did smell a little musty though. I think that's just from the age of the hotel. We were on the third floor so there was no noise above us. However, the door rattled badly when people walked by so it was a little noisier than I would like. Also, the people next door departed early one morning and it literally sounded like they were in the room with me. I couldn't hear voices, but it sounded like they were moving furniture around at 6:00 am. Not the hotel's fault, but the walls do need some soundproofing. I didn't try breakfast. Another person travelling in my party said it didn't look great, so we just went to McDonald's instead. The room was clean. Bathroom was tiny--no bathtub, just a small shower stall. Sink was outside the bathroom.

Room Tip: My room was on the opposite side from the interstate, but there was still a fair amount of traffic n...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!