“Too Die For Latin Food!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #70 of 128 restaurants in Fort Mill
Cuisines: American, Latin
Leola, Pennsylvania
“Too Die For Latin Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

If you love Latin food, this place is too die for! Soooo good! A friend and I went there for lunch and had their Margarita Salad and Mango drink. It was well presented and tasted delicious! If I would have stayed in the area longer I would have gone back! Definitely will be going there next time I visit the area! Atmosphere was quiet, no music, just the TV on low. Only draw back was they really needed a hostess out front seeing to the customers needs better. But we talked to the owner, who was very nice and he is looking for an upbeat person to fill this position soon! I look forward to my next visit!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

40% Recommend
Tega Cay, South Carolina
“Big let down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Place looked nice from outside thus we wanted to try it out. Food was cold and tasteless (2-chicken sandwich and a gyro like sandwich) the chicken sandwiches had more lattice than chicken. The gyro was some sort of pre-prepared outside purchased, food and I am sure was just put in microwave to heat up. The person at the register was more interested in talking on the cell phone that what was going on in the restaurant. Upon leaving he looked up from his a phone and asked about our meal. We told him the meal wasn’t good and all he did was shrugged his shoulders.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Hit or miss”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I have had a delicious burger and beer here several weeks ago. Tonight was just the opposite. I ordered the classic burger and she ordered the Philly. We also ordered two yeungling beers. It's Friday afternoon around 5:30. We paid, sat down and several minutes later was informed that they where out of yeungling. On Friday afternoon? The beer selection is small to begin with so proper stocking before the weekend seems like common sense.
The food. Burger was bland this time with way to much lettuce and nothing on or served with it but mayo. One slice of tomato and one tiny round slice of dill pickle.
The Philly was salty. Just flat out salty.
This was a bad visit and the staff is unconcerned. They will bring ur food to the table but u have too get up and get ur own napkins. Didn't see silverware anywhere. No one checked on us and the black man behind the counter seemed to consider us an intrusion.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good value for the price and great taste”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a place where we could get a delicious lunch for under $8.00 and still be full without it being fast food that can be greasy.

I got a 1/4 chicken dark meat with two sides for $5.99 and my husband got a 1/4 chicken white meat with 2 sides for $6.99. The 1/4 chicken did seem a lot smaller than the rotisserie chicken we get at the grocery store but it tasted really good. The meat was tender, not dry and had great flavor. I had beans and cole slaw which were both generous and tasted fresh. My husband had cole slaw and spanish rice. We were very pleased with the quality of the dishes and the overall value.

We will definitely be back and enjoy lunch or dinner again here.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
upper state south carolina
“Just OK”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Had this bookmarked for a long time. And since my daughters orthodontist is not far from here, we stopped by on our way home.
It is very simply decorated and clean inside. There was only one worker that I saw and it was early evening on a Monday so maybe they get busy later or on different days.
There were not many choices in the dessert case. (picture)
There is a nice covered patio for eating during warmer weather.
We purchased the family pack which is supposed to come with salad AND 2 sides. well half way home (30 minute drive) we discovered it was FORGOTTEN. DRAT!!

Anyway once home we opened our containers- she showed me at the place and I was a bit disappointed that the whole chicken was already cut into 1/4s. i guess I was expecting something like the whole chicken you can get at the grocery store for around $6 that is left whole. And the 2 sides were in 4 different little containers (picture)

NOW- i am picky about my coleslaw so i asked to taste it first before ordering as a side. It was lightly coated with a mayo type stuff that had a tangy sweetness to it (reminded me of miracle whip) although it was good, it didn't knock my socks off. So i ask if the red rice is made in house, she said yes. WELL..........................
red rice is something close to uncle Ben's type rice with a funky flavor that I must say reminded me of cardboard.
The other side of mac and cheese took one bite and spit it in the trash- wax like glue cheese coating that did not taste anything near cheese (this is the south- we know mac and cheese).
Now I really wish I had gotten my salad because all I got to eat was the chicken.
I am a white meat eater and the chicken was a little dry- not super dry but you could tell it was made early in the day and had sat for a while. The seasoning is nice, but amazingly oily skin (where all the seasoning is) . It would be great if they could inject it to prevent the drying out as well as getting the flavor into the meat itself.
I may return to try another item on the menu- but as far as getting the chicken i think I will just stick with my local grocery store since I can call ahead and find out what time they will come off fresh and just pop down the road.

The variety on the menu is great- but hopefully better than the sides we received. OH I asked if the green beans were seasoned at all and she said no- so that makes me think they are canned- and who doesn't have a can of beans in your pantry collecting dust anyway. If i do return I will be sure to get a side like fries or a baked potato since that would be hard to screw up.
CHEERS!