“About what you would expect” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Charlotte Carowinds

You added Motel 6 Charlotte Carowinds to your Saves list
Motel 6 Charlotte Carowinds
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3541 Foothills Way, I-77 at US 21, Exit #90, Fort Mill, SC 29715   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Fort Mill
Tampa, Florida
“About what you would expect”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Positives: Pet friendly at no additional charge, clean inside the room, everything worked, staff friendly.

Negatives: Hallway carpet seems to have never been cleaned. Most of the building needs a little upkeep (paint chipping, peeling around edges). However, the reason I would probably not stay here again as a single woman is because I felt unsafe. When I checked in the attendant told me that I was in the back to make it easier to take the dogs out and that I could just drive around and use the back entrance. It was dark when I was entering my room, and the back the entrance was very dimly lit and a truck driver crept up behind me and scared me (luckily not a bad man). I had my arms full with luggage and 2 dogs, and was a little creeped out so I turned around and went back through the well-lit front entrance. When I had calmed down and was taking the dogs out, I did go out the back door because it was so much more convenient. Upon re-entry, I discovered that the back door wasn't locked. It has a card swiper but you don't actually have to use it. Basically anyone could be coming in at all hours of the night, and since my room was right beside this door I was a nervous nelly. Thankfully I had my dogs, but without them I would probably not have gotten any sleep and would have been up at every little sound. I would be willing to pay an extra $30 or $40 for another hotel next time so that I can sleep without worrying who is coming into the building. I would not recommend for women traveling on their own or with children. (I stayed June 2014)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Moncks corner
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We had three rooms, (215, 217 & 219) for us, our 2 children & their children. I spoke with the manager from this hotel after I made the reservations as this is a "pet friendly" place and I am a severe asthmatic and have to have a no smoking room, and I am not a pet person as well. The manager set our no smoking rooms on the together on the second floor, as the pet people generally like to be on the first floor. Small towels, no shampoo or hair dryer. Micro fridge is a few bucks extra, but we were so tired from the park all day, all we wanted was a shower and a bed. If you need extra towels like we did, just call the front desk. We will definitely stay here stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Every time we go to carowinds we stay here. Book by calling hotel, cause they put limited rooms online so it may said they are booked but they have rooms saved for walk ins. Rooms are clean. staff is always friendly and helpful. Only bad thing is the bed are harder than I like. Carowinds across the road and near plenty of restaurant. We will be back.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
san diego, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I was very impressed with this motel 6. The nicest motel 6 I have ever stayed in. Josh at the desk was so friendly and helpful. Excellent experience. Located across from the
amusement park. Rooms are spacious and have a bathtub.

• Stayed April 2014
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

We were only in town for the night.needed a place to sleep and shower, weren't looking for a lot of amenities. Had no problem checking in.even got in the room early since it was ready.rooms looked like picture accidentally got a smoking room that bothered me at first but quickly faded. Room was clean except for a stray hair in tub.they had a dog show crowd and ciaa crowd there and yet I still slept great. For the price it was a good deal.even with ciaa traffic we didnt have that much of a hard time getting to uptown Charlotte.check was a breeze.they had a really really good front desk staff and I left the hotel wanting to write a positive review for them

• Stayed March 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

We arrived in town around 1 pm. We hoped to get checked in a bit early after a 12 hr trip. That was not the case. I called and was told 3pm only! Then at 2:45, my reservation, given to someone else. If check-in time is strictly enforced for 3pm and It wasn't! I am still wondering how at, sometime b4 2:45 pm, someone used my name and got my room? Then I was told the carpet was cleaned and the room would not be ready until 3:30 pm. Then after all that, we did not get consistant maid service. During our first two days, the maid would clean the bathroom one day, but not make up the bed. The next day, she would make up the bed, then not clean or change the towels in the bathroom. After waiting 2 1/2 hrs for our room, only to find out someone else, checked in early, using my name and got a room before us, was very frustrating. Lucky for us, Josh and the day Mgr (a young blonde) fixed the names and got us a room with the accomedations we were looking for. Nice location, easy to get to Clt and clean hotel.

Room Tip: 2nd flr is non smoking, reserve room with min fridge n microwave
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Asheville, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

For an off season, one night stay it was fine....for the price. We paid $44 w/ discounts and for that price it was fine. Staff was very nice, room was clean, and it was quiet. We were in town for a sporting event and stayed in the room for maybe 10 hrs total.

If you need a place to sleep cheap it's good enough.

Very easy access to the highway.

Room Tip: It's a motel but multiple stories...2nd/3rd floors are quiet compared to the ground floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Charlotte Carowinds? Share your experiences!