“Cucumber Tini!!!!! = Garbage juice” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Fort Mill, South Carolina
“Cucumber Tini!!!!! = Garbage juice”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

The only thing going for this place is that they hired someone to play live music on the weekends. The drinks are bad and the service is worse. I think its just a lack of business vision, zero passion, and poor layout. A friend of mine ordered a Cucumber-tini that seriously tasted like lawn clippings and simple syrup, she took polite sips, trying to calibrate an acquired taste for it to no avail, it also had cucumber seeds floating in it, which was a bit laughable. I ordered a dry Vodka martini and they served it in a HOT glass!!!! Really?????? As a drink that was developed by English Ex-Pats I expected a bit more, the martini is"the only American invention as perfect as the sonnet". Here's an Idea, not being someone to bash without suggestion. Develop a really good Martini Menu and cocktail menu!!!!! No one else on the street can do that. And Cloud Nine has turned into a Baxter / Rock Hill, meat market. This place could be good but no one seems to care. The food Meh??? Nothing to write home about. The best part of this English pub is the "French Onion Soup"!!!! Whaaaaaatttttt?????? The rooftop is nice but seems to be open on alternate Wednesdays when the moon is full, and if the service was bad below its regularly nonexistent on the roof!!!! I gave the place two dots cuz I'll keep trying because like everyone else that goes there, for some reason I want to find a way to like the place. I hope it stays in business, they have a relatively captive market sooooooo, im guessing they will without improvement. Go to the Capitol Grill in Uptown, steal their bar manager and their method for Martinis and watch the money roll in. It's the perfect contrast to the neighboring businesses, I want great $8 Martinis in Baxter!!!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Charlotte, North Carolina
“How'd I miss this place?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Located just south of the NC/SC state line, Six Pence Pub is just a minute off I-77 and 15 or 20 minutes south of Charlotte. We were very pleased with our first visit and since it's not far from home we'll be back. I appreciated that the dining room area and the pub area are divided and the dining room is quiet enough to have a normal conversation. The food was fine - fairly standard Pub menu with some pleasant surprises, all prepared well and served hot - and the service was spot-on.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Mill
“A restaurant that stays true to its image”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

When you go to Six Pence Pub - and you should - don't expect American, Mexican, or Italian foods. Expect great Pub fare created to the highest degree. It is delicious. The staff is helpful and kind, and the atmosphere allows you to enjoy a quiet conversation, at the same time feeling a part of the Six Pence community.
With a nice barrier between the bar and the restaurant the space is only complimented by a rooftop dining area that is so pleasant on the right evening.
GO - enjoy.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lake Wylie, South Carolina
“A good spot for lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Enjoy their salads very much. The fish and chips are a bit greasy for my taste. The French onion soup is quite good. The service can be slow.

Visited October 2013
Matthews, North Carolina
“Great service and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Enjoyed dinner and girls night out at Six Pence in Fort Mill this week. We dine there fairly often but I have to say this was our best visit ever. Our server was Jerri and she was over the top great. She made wonderful suggestions when we were trying to decide what we wanted to drink. She anticipated our every need and far exceeded our expectations!

• Visited December 2013