“False Advertisement” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Fort Mill
Sevierville, Tennessee
“False Advertisement”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Staying in room 217. Our room looks nothing even close to their pictures. The bedspread had rips, burns, and stains. The beds were old with oak headboards. The tv was an old one inside an old scratched up and banged up tv cabinet not the flat screen on the nice dresser in the picture and their ad states flat screens/plasma and high def in all rooms. The chair is old and has stains on it. The carpet is old and nasty. The side table still rings and stuff from where the last guest had their drink there. The desk is old and beat-up and there is no chair. The lamps are old and yellowed. The sheets had stains on them. Their page states microwaves in all room and we dont have one. Oh yeah and the balcony they talk about is about 12 inches, smaller than my feet so I cant even go out on it. Better business bureau needs to get ahold of this company for bait and switch. We will never stay here again. Just trying to get through this trip to Carowinds.

Room Tip: Want a good room, dont stay here
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We have had our family reunion at the Plaza for many years and I must say each year I have always wanted to try a new venue for the next family reunion. Well this year I have to take back my yearly diatribe about the condition of the hotel. The rooms have all been renovated and are a vast improvement as well as the overall customer service. The staff has always been very gracious but there seems to be a higher level of professionalism and pride in there workplace that has been absent in years past. The manager of this hotel-Phyllis-seems to be very focused on making the overall experience enjoyable. Although I didn't get the chance to review the new restaurant- other patrons had nothing but positive things to say. Hubby and I will probably stay here on our next visit to Charlotte later this year---good job!!
Yolanda and Jeff

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

NEVER AGAIN!!! We booked a 2 night stay from the road - and after the first night stay which was non-refundable - we checked out went down the street to comfort inn!!! It will be a hotel we put on our list to never stay at again. Dirty hallways, filthy rooms - my sheets and comforter had cigarette burns in them - unsafe (outside doors at 1 AM that we're supposed to be locked were wide open) elevators with no safety certification (unless you consider a pink sticky note a certification). Could go on and on....

• Stayed June 2013
Hilton Head, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

After riding at carowinds all day, coming back to the clarion was a pleasant surprise. I was exhausted after a 5 hour drive and all day in the park. The receptionist in the morning could not recommend a restaurant so I decided to eat dinner at the hotel. A new restaurant owned by Chef Lucci, from Italy, called American Cafe and Lounge. What a pleasant surprise. I was expecting hotel food. I received a fabulous dinner. It was all fresh and homemade. The fresh mozzarella with tomatoes with a pesto sauce with balsamic reduction was fabulous. The salmon with a wonderful sauce over zucchini was the best salmon ever. The wine was great. The martini was great. The manager chad was so so nice and my waiter was awesome. I would fly back to Charlotte just to go to this restaurant. Apparently he owns another restaurant passion 8 bistro. When I am in town I will go there as well. It was one of my favorite experiences. I had a wonderful time. The service and food were exceptional. It was amazing

• Stayed June 2013
Lawrenceville, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I am a loyal choice hotel customer. BUT I will NEVER attempt to stay at this hotel again. The staff had zero customer service, I was moved to three different rooms that were still not correct with what I made reservations for and the manager on duty "did not know exactly what types of rooms were available". I am not sure how a manager can not know what types of rooms are available in the hotel the manage, but then again they were not willing to try and correct their mistakes either. Please stay at the comfort inn or quality inn if you like choice hotels. The staff of both of those are more than willing to go above and beyond to make your stay nice. THIS HOTEL IS AWFUL and one of the rooms I was moved to was dirty another only had one working light in it.... simply AWFUL!!!

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Me and my friends went to a popular weekend that Charlotte, NC host called C.I.A.A weekend. It's best that you book your hotel at least a month in advance for this popular weekend because all hotels are expensive or booked. In the course of my search, I came across low budget hotels like super 8 hotel at prices around $150 and up for one night and I was extremely frustrated. I came across Plaza INN at the rate of $99.99 a night which was the cheapest I found. For budget purposes I went fourth with it; although extremely skeptical, because I figured this would be a cheap, horrible service experience. I must say from the time my friends and I checked in to our check out it was absolutely AWESOME!. I was totally baffled by my experience there. They have the best showers ever! they are clean with big shower heads and make you not want to get out! The beds are EXTREMELY comfortable, we had a nice large flat screen, the decor of our room was beautiful not cheap looking at all. What really topped my experience off was the front office manager and the front office receptionist. The office Manager Phyllis Gram had to be one of the sweetest country speaking lady I've ever met in my life! Ohh she's to die for! she's so helpful and genuinely caters to her guest. The front office receptionist Pamela was really sweet and helpful as well. I highly, highly, highly recommend this hotel to whoever is reading this because it's a comfortable, professional environment, with good service, and you will definitely get a bang for your buck!

Room Tip: As of March 2013The hotel is in process of being renovated so when your calling to book a room ask f...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
NJERSEY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I totally agree with Joe S from California. I made reservations in October for a family wedding in December, after arriving there, The front desk manager Phyllis advised us, "please pardon our appearance We are currently under construction. Well there were no signs posted anywhere! And once you got past the lobby..OMG! She wasn't lying. The carpeting was awful dark and dirty, the elevator had hand prints with "plaster all over it. The room #'s were taped on the walls which were stripped of the wall paper. Cmon! My dads sinuses flared up from the dust and we photographed"which won't embarrass them and post" holes by the night tables, ants coming from the drain at times, I understand improvements need to performed but at least conduct it in a proper manner. Contacted Hotels .com and voiced my opinion. .Checked out my " family including "THE BRIDE" that same day!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Clarion Hotel at Carowinds? Share your experiences!