“NO BETTER SINCE CLARION TOOK OVER!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 6 hotels in Fort Mill
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“NO BETTER SINCE CLARION TOOK OVER!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I am a loyal choice hotel customer. BUT I will NEVER attempt to stay at this hotel again. The staff had zero customer service, I was moved to three different rooms that were still not correct with what I made reservations for and the manager on duty "did not know exactly what types of rooms were available". I am not sure how a manager can not know what types of rooms are available in the hotel the manage, but then again they were not willing to try and correct their mistakes either. Please stay at the comfort inn or quality inn if you like choice hotels. The staff of both of those are more than willing to go above and beyond to make your stay nice. THIS HOTEL IS AWFUL and one of the rooms I was moved to was dirty another only had one working light in it.... simply AWFUL!!!

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Me and my friends went to a popular weekend that Charlotte, NC host called C.I.A.A weekend. It's best that you book your hotel at least a month in advance for this popular weekend because all hotels are expensive or booked. In the course of my search, I came across low budget hotels like super 8 hotel at prices around $150 and up for one night and I was extremely frustrated. I came across Plaza INN at the rate of $99.99 a night which was the cheapest I found. For budget purposes I went fourth with it; although extremely skeptical, because I figured this would be a cheap, horrible service experience. I must say from the time my friends and I checked in to our check out it was absolutely AWESOME!. I was totally baffled by my experience there. They have the best showers ever! they are clean with big shower heads and make you not want to get out! The beds are EXTREMELY comfortable, we had a nice large flat screen, the decor of our room was beautiful not cheap looking at all. What really topped my experience off was the front office manager and the front office receptionist. The office Manager Phyllis Gram had to be one of the sweetest country speaking lady I've ever met in my life! Ohh she's to die for! she's so helpful and genuinely caters to her guest. The front office receptionist Pamela was really sweet and helpful as well. I highly, highly, highly recommend this hotel to whoever is reading this because it's a comfortable, professional environment, with good service, and you will definitely get a bang for your buck!

Room Tip: As of March 2013The hotel is in process of being renovated so when your calling to book a room ask f...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
NJERSEY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I totally agree with Joe S from California. I made reservations in October for a family wedding in December, after arriving there, The front desk manager Phyllis advised us, "please pardon our appearance We are currently under construction. Well there were no signs posted anywhere! And once you got past the lobby..OMG! She wasn't lying. The carpeting was awful dark and dirty, the elevator had hand prints with "plaster all over it. The room #'s were taped on the walls which were stripped of the wall paper. Cmon! My dads sinuses flared up from the dust and we photographed"which won't embarrass them and post" holes by the night tables, ants coming from the drain at times, I understand improvements need to performed but at least conduct it in a proper manner. Contacted Hotels .com and voiced my opinion. .Checked out my " family including "THE BRIDE" that same day!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Our family of six stayed at the Plaza Hotel Carowinds for 1 night in 2 adjoining rooms. Unbeknownst to us the hotel is currently under MAJOR construction. So much so, that when we stepped off the elevator we thought for sure we were in a restricted area. There were plastic sheets hanging from ceiling to floor, tools lying around, the wall paper in the halls was completely striped off exposing mangled drywall, and the carpet was partially ripped up. We cautiously proceeded to our rooms thinking we must have been on the wrong floor. We found our rooms intact, albeit dirty. We were glad we had both rooms as the lock on one of the adjoining doors did not work and one of the rooms had a microwave and a refrigerator but the other did not. The heater was incredibly loud. The continental breakfast was meager. We travel quite a bit as a family -- we are not high maintenance hotel guests and our standards aren't all that high. That being said we would never stay at this hotel again. The rooms were too dirty and for the amount of construction that was going on we were really surprised the floor we stayed on was open to the public.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Fort Mill, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I am employed with a very high sercure company and have been coming to this hotel for 3 years. When I first started there was only 20 employees coming here now we are up to 70 to 80 employees due to Ms Phyllis fantastic service that she provides to us. The housekeeping is excellent and the service is excellent. Yes there is many hotels that we can go to but as long as Ms Phyllis is here this is were we will aways stay we all love her and hope you will never ever change that. Now that they remodeled the hotel we fill live this is our home away from home. We all thank you Ms Phyllis for your friendship and excellent service that you provide to us. Thanks

Room Tip: We come here twice a year and you will love the service.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The Plaza Hotel is an awesome place to stay!!!!! The cleaning crew and front desk staff have all been very, very accommodating!!!! The manager Phyllis is a "fantastic" asset to this hotel and company!!!! We have a crew of 10 and she has helped us all out and anything we needed she made sure we had!!!! Our rooms are VERY clean along with the rest of the hotel also. We will never stay anywhere else when we come to this part of town or with in 30min of this hotel. The Plaza is the closest thing to home we have when we are on the road!!!!! I would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone who needs a place to stay!!!! Check it out peeps!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Stay here many times rooms were clean lobby was inviting and management was very accommodating Convienient to Carowinds which is where I took my grands Friendly atmosphere and customer service was great thanks

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Clarion Hotel at Carowinds? Share your experiences!