“Awful” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn at Carowinds

You added Quality Inn at Carowinds to your Saves list
Quality Inn at Carowinds
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   3560 Lakemont Blvd, Lakemont Business Park, Fort Mill, SC 29708 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Charlotte - Carowinds)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Fort Mill
Certificate of Excellence 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2005

We stayed at this Holiday Inn because we where going to Scarowinds that night and it was across the road. When we arrived our rooms where not ready although check in is at 4:00 and we arrived at 4:30. When I asked the young man at the desk when our rooms would be ready he said that he did not know. I ask to speak to his manager and he said that he was the manager. He was very rude and laughing at the fact that I was very quickly getting upset about the situation. I told him that we had driven six hours and just wanted to rest for awhile and that we really needed our rooms couldn't he give us a time which he would expect the rooms to be ready and he said that they where not yet cleaned and that he would have to ask the maids when they would be ready. He then stood and looked at me and I asked well could you ask them and he says to me I guess I could. He then returns not long after this and told me that our rooms where in fact ready. This was the worst experience that I have ever had at a hotel and I will never stay at a Holiday Inn again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2003

The hotel was nice, clean and we had a very nice sized room especially with 2 elementary aged children. Only problem was we didn't consider that we were there one of the first nights that the amusement park across the street open for the season. There wasn't anything the staff could do, it was just loud with people walking up and down the hall letting their doors slam at all hours of the night and early morning. It definately wasn't as quiet as my stay in the Hyatt.

Been to Quality Inn at Carowinds? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Quality Inn at Carowinds

Address: 3560 Lakemont Blvd, Lakemont Business Park, Fort Mill, SC 29708 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Charlotte - Carowinds)
Location: United States > South Carolina > Fort Mill
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Fort Mill
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Quality Inn at Carowinds 2.5*
We welcome you to our newly remodeled Quality Inn Carowinds Fort Mill, SC. Experience our new accommodations and exceptional location. Just minutes from Charlotte, NC (via I-77 North), Rock Hill SC (via I-77 South), 485 Interchange. We are located across the street from Carowinds Amusement Park, only 15 minutes from Charlotte Douglas International Airport, Charlotte Hornets NBA Arena and 30 minutes from NASCAR's Lowes Motor Speedway. Visit our nearby premier golf courses, Knights AAA Baseball Stadium, Renaissance, Ramblewood, Winget Parks and the newly developed Manchester Fields. We host our guest daily to our complimentary Express Start breakfast bar. We offer microwave, refrigerator, coffee makers, complimentary local calls and high speed Internet in all our guest rooms. Wireless Internet is also available in our guest rooms and lobby. Dine at your favorite nearby restaurants such as Cracker Barrel or T-bones on the Lake Olive Garden. Finally please know that we are a perfect choice for leisure & business travelers as we support the travel needs for the following neighboring companies Mood, Leinier Healthcare, Sunbelt Rentals, American Red Cross, Averitt Express, TJX, Black & Decker and Morningstar Ministries to name a few. It would be our honor to host you. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Quality Inn at Carowinds reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Quality Inn At Carowinds Hotel Fort Mill
Holiday Inn Fort Mill
Fort Mill Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Quality Inn at Carowinds, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.