“Very Clean Rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn at Carowinds

You added Quality Inn at Carowinds to your Saves list
Quality Inn at Carowinds
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   3560 Lakemont Blvd, Lakemont Business Park, Fort Mill, SC 29708 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Charlotte - Carowinds)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Fort Mill
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Greenville, SC
“Very Clean Rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Have stayed a couple times on business trips. If you are looking for a clean, large room at a reasonable price, this is the place. As a Choice Privilege member they upgraded me to a Jacuzzi room both times. While I did not use the Jacuzzi, the upgrade is appreciated. The rooms are very clean and are comparable to rooms that cost $30 to $60 more per night. The breakfast and the lobby are not great, but you should not expect anything more for this price. The location is not good as far as dining, but it is close to the highway.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
MiReed, General Manager at Quality Inn at Carowinds, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear Michael T,

I thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor. We thank you for being a Choice Privilege Member. We value your business and thank you for staying at the Quality Inn Carowinds.
I sincerely apologize for the breakfast not being up to your expectations; I will be sure to have a meeting with my breakfast attendant to see how we can make it better. I know that we don't have many dining options within walking distance but there is definitely a good variety just within a few miles of the hotel.

Once again we thank you for being a Choice Privilege Member and we value your business. I hope that you will consider staying with us again when you are in town on business.

p. 803.548.0100

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Fincastle, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

No issues here. My wife and I were looking for something affordable and close to Carowinds. We spent two nights here. The room was clean, the halls were well maintained, and the staff were very friendly. The breakfast was very decent as well. It's less than a mile away from Carowinds and easy to find off of a not-too-busy intersection just down from several restaurants.

Our only complaint: My wife didn't particularly love the bath tub setup. The bathroom door can be open while you're in the bath, and it covers the tub roughly half way. Pretty minor as complaints go, but it did creep her out for whatever reason.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Race R,

I thank you for your comment on TripAdvisior. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest at the Quality Inn Carowinds. I will let my staff know that you enjoyed your stayed an everything was up to your expectations. I do sincerely apologize for the construction of the bathrooms; I know that can be a bit aggravating. However if your ever in the Fort Mill, SC area in the near future we would definitely like to have you has our guest again.

Port Charlotte, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Hotel was difficult to get to as it is located in a very busy area and very close to the amusement park at Carowinds...probably a better choice for families wanting to attend the Park. Traffic was fierce trying to get into the hotel property. Although our room was very large and spacious - we feel this hotel needs some serious maintenance - nobody seems to be checking to see if everything works in each room....needs a lot of small things done by the maintenance department..things that are inconvenient and annoying to your clientele. We also heard that the hotel was booked to capacity so I guess management does not feel the urge to make hasty and regular repairs. Front Desk was handled by a very pleasant and efficient women the day we checked in.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
MiReed, General Manager at Quality Inn at Carowinds, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Deal MarleyandMike,

I thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while staying at the Quality Inn Carowinds. Our property does tend to get a little busy during the weekends and during the summer because of Carowinds Theme Park, I know traffic can be a little challenging at times but I know we have SC State Troopers and Fort Mill Police Department out trying to guide traffic as smoothly as possible. I will be sure to get with my maintenance staff to go over a routine maintenance plan so that everything in our guest rooms is in working order. We appreciate your business and hope if you’re traveling though the Fort Mill, SC area in the future you will consider giving us another try.

Marathon, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

The service at this hotel was wonderful. We reserved over 6 rooms for 4 nights to go to a wedding and then go to Carowinds Park Easter weekend. There were a lot of us and no one had any issues or concerns. Rooms were always clean and beds were comfortable. Breakfast had a great variety and the hot food was hot! The fitness room was out of order which is usually not a problem but it was raining for 2 days and could not go out for a run. They gave us a free pass to a very nice fitness center about 2 miles down the road. The front desk helped us save A LOT of money at Carowinds Park which most of us were on a budget and made our stay even better. Thanks you Quality Inn for making our trip wonderful!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
MiReed, General Manager at Quality Inn at Carowinds, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Corywait,

I thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure having you and your family stay at the Quality Inn Carowinds. I sincerely apologize for not having a fitness room on property but pleased that we could offer you a complimentary pass to the fitness center that we suggest to our Valued Guest. We are proud to be a Hotel Partner of Carowinds Theme Park and we are excited to be able to offer discounts to our guest. I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast selection and that our guest rooms were clean and comfortable. I hope that you will consider staying at the Quality Inn Carowinds the next time you and your family are in the Fort Mill, SC area.

salem, va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We needed a reasonable rate for a one night stay Easter Sunday night after a day of worship. We were traveling 3 1/2 hours late in the afternoon on our way to Savannah. I checked many reviews and rates and decided on Quality at Carowinds. I was a little concerned about noise and being near Charlotte airport.
My fears were unfounded. From the moment we arrived we were greeted by a smiling, friendly and helpful young lady who checked us in quickly and constantly asked if there was anything we needed.
The room was very clean and the night was very quiet. The breakfast was good. Not wild about powdered eggs but there is enough on the menu to satisfy everyone! The lady kept everything full and constantly asked if she could get us anything. This was in between her cleaning up after everyone and filling coffee and all the food items. She was a workhorse.
The girl who was getting ready to clean rooms even asked if we needed anything and she opened our room door when our key decided not to work.

Even during check out the lady asked about our stay.
Oh yes, the rate was excellent! A wonderful night and a very reasonable rate! I have no problem recommending this hotel and staying here again!

Oh don't use your GPS directions. Get off on exit 90 then look for the hotel on the left. Turn at the light just past the Kangaroo station. GPS will take you in a huge circle.

Dear Dsummer20,

I thank you for taking time to comment on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure having you as a guest at the Quality Inn Carowinds. I am very pleased that you were checked in quickly and you were able to rest after a long and exhausting drive. We take pride in our hotel and we value our guest; I am proud of my entire staff for being so courtesy to you and went out of their way to make your stay much more enjoyable. I apologize that the eggs weren't up to your expectations, I will definitely look into offering a better product, however I am pleased that you did find something on our breakfast bar to your satisfy your appetite. I hope that you will consider staying at Quality Inn Carowinds the next time you are traveling through Fort Mill, SC.

Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

We stayed for one night on the way south. Check in was easy and quick. Ivan was at the front desk. The lobby and halls were nice and well maintained. The room was large and furnishing were nice. Everything was clean. The mattress seemed soft, maybe it was just the pillow top, Breakfast was good, Eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, waffle maker and all the standard continental items. The location is across the street from Carowinds entrance. We used a travel plaza coupon and saved $35 making it a very good value.

Room Tip: There is no elevator. If you have problems with stairs ask for a first floor room.
Dear OhioDave_47,

I thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest at the Quality Inn Carowinds. I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast; we definitely take pride in what we offer for our breakfast selection to our Valued Guest. I am glad that you choose the Quality Inn Carowinds from many other hotels that are in the Travel Plaza Coupon Book. I know coupons can really come in handy. If you are traveling through Fort Mill, SC area in the future I hope that you will consider staying at the Quality Inn Carowinds again.

Taylors
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Stayed in King Jacuzzi Suite using Points Free Night. The front desk welcome for Choice Privileges Members made me feel special. The room was huge, clean, welcoming. It had a desk. Bed was so comfortable. Hotel was old (no elevators to upstairs) but renovated and very nice. Management obviously takes pride in this place. The breakfast was good, although they didn't have any meat except in the biscuit sauce. The only complaint about the room was that the jacuzzi had shoe footprints in it and had obviously not been wiped from dust in a while. Also only 3 of the 6 spigots worked. I mentioned it to the desk and they were very apologetic. The hotel is a bit hard to find and could use better signage from the interstate.

I wholeheartedly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage, get a first-floor room, as there are no elevators.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Jamie T,

I thank you for taking the time to post your comment on TripAdvisor and for choosing the Quality Inn Carowinds for your hotel accommodations. We definitely take pride in treating our Choice Privilege Member's as valued guest. However I do sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while staying at the Quality Inn Carowinds. I will be sure to share your comments with each department head. We hope that you will consider the Quality Inn Carowinds for any future hotel accommodations. Please feel free to reach out to me directly so I can be sure your expectations will be met the next time you visit us.

p. 803.548.0100

Been to Quality Inn at Carowinds? Share your experiences!