“Wonderful place and people - cannot go wrong here!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn at Carowinds

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn at Carowinds to your Saves list
Quality Inn at Carowinds
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   3560 Lakemont Boulevard, I-77 Exit #90, Lakemont Business Park, Fort Mill, SC 29708 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Charlotte - Carowinds)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Fort Mill
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Wonderful place and people - cannot go wrong here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

I had to stay near Carowinds for business and selected the Quality Inn for several reasons: microwave and fridge in room and hot breakfast, but what I got was so much more!

Friendly staff, clean rooms, decadent hot breakfast, and people who truly take pride in where they work and are concerned about you as a person. Because of that, my stay here wasn't limited to just one week - I stayed throughout the duration of my work project, a grand total of six weeks! No way would I have done that if everything hadn't been perfect.

This hotel was quiet and safe, the staff was happy to help me make my reservation every week and answer any and all questions I had. On average, I stayed 4 days a week and it became my home away from home. I will definitely be staying here again when I return to Charlotte

Room Tip: There's two floors and no elevator, so if you don't want to bring suitcases upstairs request...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
janiecar, General Manager at Quality Inn at Carowinds, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Thank you for having chosen our Quality Inn Carowinds, it is with great pleasure that we say "Thank You" for recognizing our hotel and staff for the wonderful service they provide, they work exremely hard to ensure all of our guest have a great experience. We look forward to your next visit.

quality.carowinds@ohmhotels.com
803-548-0100 P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
St. Helena Island, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

When flying out of Charlotte NC (a 4 hour drive from our house), we like to stay overnight just over the state line in SC so we don't have worries about missing the flight. We have stayed other places near Carowinds but this Quality Inn was by far the best. Very helpful, friendly check-in/reception and with my Choice Privileges membership we were each given a welcome goodie bag with bottled water and loads of snacks! Plus they had fresh chocolate chip cookies and apples out in the lobby/breakfast area along with tea/coffee/hot chocolate available. The room was clean, spacious and had nice amenities. We could walk over to the Cracker Barrel restaurant for dinner and it was very easy to get on/off I-77. The room was quiet and we had a great night's sleep and then there was a wonderful breakfast buffet with more options than you usually see at this type of hotel. Definitely this Quality Inn will be our choice in the future when we are up that way. Also, we ended up paying less than $53 for the night!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank You so much for choosing to stay with us here at the Quality Inn Carowinds, we take great pride in making sure our guest enjoy their stay with us. We hope your next travels bring you back to stay with us very soon.

803-548-0100 P
quality.carowinds@ohmhotels.com
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

We stayed here two nights, arrived after visiting the Nascar Hall of Fame, which was about 20 minutes away. First and foremost, the staff here is so friendly, everyone, from the front desk, to the breakfast attendant, to the cleaning personnel. Everyone said hello with a smile!

We chose this hotel because it is right across the street from Carowinds, and because of the price, couldn't be beat. We were able to eat breakfast and make it to Carowinds without any delays, and it was very nice to be so close when we left the park with two very tired children.

My only complaint is that our room smelled like it had previously been a smoking room. From what I understand, since this hotel just became a Quality Inn, they will be doing renovations after the Carowinds season dies down. It wasn't bad enough to ask for another room, but definitely noticeable.

The air conditioning ran constantly, which was nice from a circulation standpoint, and also that it kept the room quiet. There is no elevator, the stairs were right by our room and it was very quiet. I am a very light sleeper, and never heard a thing.

Breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, biscuits with gravy, delicious muffins, bagels, toast, fruit and yogurt, plus cereal for the kids. The breakfast attendant was very kind to get us extra hot water for our tea since the hot water provided was lukewarm. She also offered us bottled water for our trip on our last day when she saw us filling water bottles. We declined, but I thought that was nice of her to offer.

The rooms were clean enough that we would stay again, and like I said, the friendliness of all of the staff and the price just couldn't be beat! I would have left a 5 star rating had it not been for the smokey smell in our room.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
janiecar, General Manager at Quality Inn at Carowinds, responded to this review, October 6, 2011
"Thank You" for sharing about the hotel and staff, It's alway wonderful to hear guest feedback. I'm very Sorry that you had to deal with a room someone had smoked in, we do try to make sure that all rooms are smoke free, but sometimes one may get by us. However it was nice to hear all the wonderful feedback good and bad. If I or anyone else here at the hotel can be of assistance to you please let us know. It is guest like you that makes our jobs great.

803-548-0100
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

I was given a special rate because it was a sad reason for the trip. The staff treated with such consideration of the circumstances I hope I could return on a happier occasion and stay there.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
janiecar, General Manager at Quality Inn at Carowinds, responded to this review, October 19, 2010
Thank You for choosing the Holiday Inn Express and for the kind words for the hotel and staff if we can ever be of assistance to you in the future please let us know.
Once again Thank You
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

We had a wonderful time on our recent visit to this hotel. They had friendly, and helpful staff, a great breakfast buffet and clean rooms. We will stay here again on our next trip to the Carowinds area.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank You for choosing to stay here at the Holiday Inn Express Carowinds, and Thank You also positive comments you’ve made about our hotel. If you need assistance in the future please let us know.
Spartanburg, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

While traveling with my students, we normally find Holiday Inn to be quite a pleasant stay. But from the time that we entered this hotel, we felt extremely uncomfortable. We were given our room keys by the manager on duty (Chris) and was give a slightly warm welcome. After discovering that THERE WERE NO ELEVATORS IN THIS HOTEL, i was told that there were no more rooms avalible on the 1st floor for a student who has trouble with stairs. Later that evening, I went down to reactivate a room key and was told rudely by the same manager that she did not understand why the key had deactivated! Another collegue of mine explaned that she was rudely interupted by this manager while spreaking with another staff member. This hotel was o.k But if you stay here, please watch out for Chris!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
I would like to take this opportunity to "Thank You" for staying at the Holiday Inn Express Carowinds, I would also like to apologize for the inconvenience you endured while staying at our hotel. I can assure you that the situation with Chris will never happen again. I certainly would like for you to stay with us again in the near future and if I can be of any service to you or if you have any questions please give me a call at (803)548-0100
Asheville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

I travel at least 3 or 4 times a week and stay in many different hotels, I always stay in 3 to 5 star hotels. The rooms were spotless and the breakfast was really good. But this hotel's staff really knows how to take care of their guest. The service here was the most upbeat and friendly that I have ever stayed at. I wish more hotels treated their guest as good as this one. Great job to the staff.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn at Carowinds? Share your experiences!