“Awful all-around!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Fort Mill
Bluffton, IN
“Awful all-around!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2008

I don't know where to begin b/c this hotel was awful! I would never recommend it. 1) our room and the entire 4th floor had water damage and smelled moldy (including soggy, smelly, and sticky carpet) and yet they insisted on placing everyone on this floor 2) the bedding smelled of sweat even when supposedly changed 3) we couldn't communicate (housekeepers didn't speak English)and we were met with rude glares from most of the workers for a reason we didn't know 4) one worker barged into the room w/out knocking while I was sleeping at 7:30AM and still to this day I don't know why 4) I was accused of not staying here by a female greeter and that I was just using the pool although I had been there for a week at that point 5) the price is way too much and if you ask for towels or extra hangers you receive a look as if it's the strangest request and they tell you no 6)the one English speaking housekeeper gave me attitude when I was in the room when she wanted to clean, which was difficult to know when b/c it ranged from 10-3 and there's nothing to do around the hotel (Carowinds gets expensive at $40 or so a day)... please don't stay here unless you like harming yourself.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — The wireless internet didn't work most of the time.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2007

Ok, First I must say they don't have enough people on staff to help you when you need extra things, towels, coffee, etc...
They have a great continental breakfast, but were terrible at replenishing the items when they ran out. The pool is small, but the place is clean. I have stayed at this hotel about 5 times in the last 3 years and I suppose I didn't go anywhere different because I was use to being there and knew it's location.

Recently I wanted to give my daughter and grandson a present..yes..a trip to Carowinds and was given an awfully hard time about using my credit card to pay for the room. This was due to the fact that I would not be accompaning them on the trip. I was told that I had to fill out an authorization form and fax it back to them. They requested me to put down all my financial information including my entire credit card number and demographic information. I was to fax a copy of my drivers license and my credit card (both front and back as well). I had already booked the room for them online, and my daughter has a drivers license and credit card for identification purposes. All I could think was, "what if someone walks by and picks up my information or my information basically ends up in the wrong hands?. I could mis-dial the number for example. So, I called the Best Western next door and 'walla!" I had their room and all she needed to show was her I.D. I will no longer be staying with Sleep Inn nor will any members of my family. I spoke directly to management and still couldn't get them to allow me to mark out a few numbers on the credit card for safety purposes. The front desk people were very rude and unreasonable when discussing this.

• Liked — Nice Continental Breakfast
  • Disliked — Customer Service
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Sleep Inn at Carowinds? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sleep Inn at Carowinds

Address: 3540 Lakemont Blvd, Fort Mill, SC 29708
Location: United States > South Carolina > Fort Mill
Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Fort Mill
Hotel Class:2 star — Sleep Inn at Carowinds 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Tingo, Despegar.com, Expedia, Priceline, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Sleep Inn at Carowinds reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Sleep Inn At Carowinds Hotel Fort Mill
Sleep Inn Fort Mill
Fort Mill Sleep Inn

If you own or manage Sleep Inn at Carowinds, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.