“Good value and not a bank breaker” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 6 hotels in Fort Mill
Ormond Beach
“Good value and not a bank breaker”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

Needed numerous hotel rooms while traveling with the crew on business. After calling and speaking to the manager personally, I knew this would be a fabulous location and access to dining and gas to eat and go. The rooms were clean and spacious with new flat screen TV's. A microwave and refrigerator in every room and a coffee pot. The toiletries provided are standard run of the mill for a sleep in, but it gets the job done. The morning free breakfast was good too, danish, bagels, toast, bread, muffins, make your own waffles, cereal, coffee, tea and juice. What more could you ask for, oh, close and convenient to the highways,

Room Tip: Simply advise whether you wish smoking or non
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

20 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Norwich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

As previous reviews this place is okay but not up to the standard of other of other Sleep Inns.

The hotel is a bit on the tired side. When we were checking out we looked under the bed and it was far from clean. We appeared to be the only people staying on our floor. Breakfast was adequate. Don;t know if they advertise a swimming pool but by the colour of the water it didn't look as though it had been used in ages.

Would probably not return.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Bradenton, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I have been at much better Sleep Inns. I usually stay at Sleep Inns quite a bit. Was a bit disappointed in this one. Breakfast was OK. The hotel seemed a bit tired. Front desk staff didn't seem to care much about the guests who had some problems. A bit difficult to access from Interstate if one is traveling south. Must cross several lanes of very heavy traffic to get into left lane before hotel entrance. Cracker Barrel easy walking distance from hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011 via mobile

My friend and I came to get away from the beach and hit Carowinds. The girl at the desk when we checked in was very hospitable and we came back to this hotel after checking a few others because of how friendly she was. It all went sour when in the middle of the night we started having trouble with our a/c unit in the room. The vibration was similar to a washing machine on the spin cycle. After speaking to the night manager, who was clearly having no problem sleeping, he determined that there was no noise. This was ironic considering he never left the desk. After being woken up for the 4th time by the noise, we went to check the backside of the unit as we were on the 1st floor. This is when we were locked out of the side door. (Which has been broken since our last stay in 2007). The manager was extremely rude and unaccommodating, and after our 3rd time at his desk we were exhausted! Now we will head off to Carowinds with our kids all with very little sleep at the Sleep Inn. If you stay here while on vacation make sure the night manager "Rudy" IS NOT working. Any issues will be ignored and his cavalier, 'not my problem' attitude will have you seeing red!

• Stayed July 2011
Bowie,MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

The hotel is across a 4 lane road to the Carowinds. The road doesn't have crosswalks, but it's possible to cross the road. The rooms are adequete, but do not have mini fridges or microwaves like other hotels have. The breakfast in the morning is the standard hot breakfast of waffles and cold cereal and muffins. The front staff are not going to go out of their way to be helpful.

• Stayed June 2011
Augusta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

My cousins and I Decided to take the kids on a trip to Carowinds. When we made our reservations it was never asked how many people would be in each room. Needless to say we over the ration by 1 infant and the manger called to say that we needed to purchase an additional room when we already had a total of 3 rooms. At the time of check in that should have been address, because we all came in for the check-in. The manger waited until 11:00 pm to address this after a long day at the park. After we could not come to an agreement we demanded a refund because the rooms had been left untouched all day. 2 of the rooms were paid in cash and they received their refunds right away. I paid with my debit card and the money was refunded just for me to check my acct 3 days later and find another charge. Not sure why but I have my refunded receipt and this will be handled by my bank. This was the worst hotel experience EVER. Not to mentioned that I have been calling the manager for almost a week and leaving messages for him to call me back. I recommend you drive around the corner to the Best Western it was cheaper and better.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

I called hotel to get prices. The manager must have overheard and cut in on the call. I'm glad he did. He said since I was wanting to stay 3 nights during mid-week and I was travelling alone, he would be willing to knock off 10 bucks per night. I called other hotels in the immediate area and none even came close to the deal I was being offered at the Sleep Inn. Check in was fine. The staff was friendly and accomodating. I asked about a particular restaurant and the manager mapquested its location and printed it out for me without my asking. He then showed me on the map how to get there without using the busy interstate. Above and beyond. How great is that these days? My room was excellent for the price. Pretty typical decor. Air conditioning was very cold. Plenty of hot water. Beds felt nice and I had no discomfort sleeping. Large shower. Mini-fridge worked great. Had a microwave and coffee maker in the room. I must admit, I didn't use either of them. Worst complaint would be that the large, sliding window was a bit off- kilter. I used some well folded paper to prop it into place correctly and never had a moment's problem with it. I did alert the front desk when I left about this minor detraction. Deluxe continental breakfast was really nice. Waffle maker, juices, cereal and much more. Loved the pastries. Bear claws; yumm! The pool wasn't the largest, however on my last night, I walked down and the manager unlocked the pool area just for me. I had the whole thing to myself. Very relaxing time and I got to practice a swim stroke or two. I'm not a good swimmer so this was good for me and I loved doing it without tons of kids or other watchers. Bought my Carowinds tickets at the front dest at a discount from what you will pay at the gate. I definitely found my inner-child on those rollercoasters. I would like to thank Katrina and Mr. Lakhani for being so instrumental in allowing me to feel like a kid again and making it all so easy and affordable. I'd go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo

Been to Sleep Inn at Carowinds? Share your experiences!