“Good Breakfast Spot” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 26 Restaurants in Folly Beach
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
Description: When you see the old school mural on the wall and the blue awning, you know your in the right place! Elvis, Sinatra and the Pack, John, Clint and more invite you into our local dive bar, Planet Follywood. Not only is this the spot for cold drinks and your local celebrities, it also has some of the best food on the island (The burgers are to die for)! Stop by our Planet next time your on Folly and hang out with the local celebrities, famous and infamous!
Atlanta
“Good Breakfast Spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The food was good and the choices plentiful. I had a western omelette with home fries and toast and it was very good. They also ferature serve yourself coffee. Basically, it's a small restaurant and bar that opens for breakfast. The staff was friendly as well. Give this place a try one day and the Black Magic Cafe the following day. Both are great choices.

Visited November 2012

Aspen, Colorado
“EVERYTHING PLANET HOLLYWOOD DID WRONG, PLANET FOLLYWOOD DOES RIGHT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I was with Planet Hollywood for nearly 5 years.
I worked Celebrity Security on opening night January, 1994 in Aspen and later in Atlanta.
But that was then and this is now and about a "Celebrity Food Sculptor/Artist" named MIKE, in Panet FOLLYWOOD on Folly Beach, SC
Well it's about Mike and Erika and a locals hole in the wall right downtown (village).
I have traveled the world and lived in some fantastic places, Paris, Aspen, Santa Fe, Sedona +
BOO4 (my Solara 'verty) and I drive this great country a lot and we search for those out of the way places such as Planet Follywood.
I recently moved to Folly Beach and after a night modeling session I parked BOO4 at the house and walked the entire 4 mini blocks (LOL) to Planet Follywood..my 2nd visit.
Erika, an incredibly alluring tall lady, was holding court from behind the bar.
Suddenly I was drawn to watching the short order cook work magic on a very clean grill.
The aromas wafting throughout the place drew my interest like the appearance of a lovley lady with red hair.
The Planet was packed and yet Mike, as I was to later learn is his name, was CRAFTING food.
I am as serious as a heart attack in an L A Rush Hour.
Mike DOES NOT reach in a fridge pull out a burger, slap it on the grill, go read a comic book and come back when it's done.
Mike takes the fresh meat and adds the freshly chopped bacon and onions and other ordered tems, slowly and methodically.
A cut cut cut here, a chop, chop, chop there, meld them and then do it again as a "food artist".
That half-pound of fresh beef doesn't cook, it resides on the grill until the clock in Mike's mind turns it and checks it over for the desired cooking look..
Folks, even a PETA member would applaud the gentle kindness Mike shows his burgers.
But now comes Mike's WINGS..Oh sure there are many franchises around with big bay sports attractions, serving wings by the thousands.
However, as with good art or sculptings there are ONLY a few truuly GREAT ORIGINALS.
I watched Mike (even though taking my eyes off Erika was very difficult) take FRESH WINGS from the fridge, again massage them, rub in the ordered flavors,before putting the wings in a nice pool of cleaned cooking oil.
Mike doesn't dump the wings in the oil pool as though doing a cannonball.
Then again when his mind says"DONE" Mike put it all in a stainless steel bowl filled with his own flavout creations and whooshes it all around and around letting food and flavours marry.
I watched Mike as he prepared to have his "foof art" served.
Again as an artist he didn't just plop them on a plate and go away.
Mike took the time and made the effort to prepare a nice presentation of his work, as does an artist or sculptor when they sign their work.
If you want to taste real food, created not just fixed (I had my dog FIXED), visit Planet Follywood
If you are tourist, please don't act like one...just join the locals and have fun, food and a little bit of Mike and Erika in your life.
Bye Bye for now

• Visited November 2012
Folly Beach, South Carolina
“Follow The Locals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Food is Great! Bar atmosphere & service can't be beat! Great daily specials on food & drink! Great live local music. Lotsa fun special events, etc. The (off-season) daily plate lunches are always good & a great value too.

• Visited November 2012
Greenville, South Carolina
“Worst food ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I went there with an open mind, especially since I am a picky eater but this is where my sister wanted to go eat! I will admit I didn't expect it to be a bar but heck I have been to some bars with some awesome cooks and food! I decided to play it safe and order the 2 corn dog basket! The first time they brought it out one was cold after you took a bite into it and the other was frozen in the middle...I sent it back of course! They recooked my food while everyone else ate and brought it back again! Still frozen!! SERIOUSLY? By that time my party was done eating...I told them I did not want anything else and didn't have to pay for my order because I never did get to eat! I made up for it though and stopped at McDonald's on my way back to my sister's house in Charleston!

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
PlanetFollywood, Owner at Planet Follywood, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Im sorry you had a bad experience with our food. We pride ourselves in the quality of the food we serve, and have not had many negative reviews over the last 6 years. If you would, please email me (planet_follywood@yahoo.com) your address and ill send you a gift certificate to give us another chance. I have confidence that we will meet your expectations and we would love the oppurtunity to prove it to you. Once again, I apologize, and I hope you give us another chance. Thank you!
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

Great service and food. People are friendly and nice.
Just remeber it's a small place but very clean